Started on: 10-18-2010 04:58 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: solotwo on 10-24-2010 08:01 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Date: October 17th, 2010
Starting Location: Hudson, Wisconsin, Exit #2 on I-94
Destination: Fountain City, Wisconsin, along the Eastern bank of the Mississippi River
Elmer's Auto and Toy Museum (no video or photo footage allowed inside the buildings)

Distance: 98 miles via back roads and river highways
Trip Highlights: The gorgeous view from Elmer's, looking down on the river valley
The Dodge Viper club parked on the side of the road as we shot past them
The BMW Z4 driving down the road with the front end destroyed (looked like it hit a deer)
Motorcycle w/wife trying to get themselves killed....

The video is a time lapse, 14 minutes and change, I JUST uploaded it, so it may not be available yet. Video was filmed with a standard definition widescreen camcorder at max settings, so video quality may be a bit "blah" due to the time lapse compression.

Please let me know what you think...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Seriously... Noone is interested?
kkavmann69

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kkavmann69Send a Private Message to kkavmann69Direct Link to This Post
Looks like y'all had fun.

------------------
Chuck
87 Fiero SE

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
I guess, you had to be there
LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
I think I'm going to be sick now. Good thing the roads weren't too twisty.
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
Very Cool Video Chris!

Wish we could have been there, but too many scheduling conflicts.

That music would make me want to drive fast. It was perfect for your video.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
I think thats pretty nice. I am involved with video editing and I know the time involved with recording/editing! Nice job. How much footage did you actually have? 14 minutes on time lapse... You musta had a ton of recorded time.
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Chris, for the video! I wish I had a Fiero so I could have gone along!

I love it near the end, after 12 mins or so, because it feels like you're all cars on a roller coaster =P.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

I think thats pretty nice. I am involved with video editing and I know the time involved with recording/editing! Nice job. How much footage did you actually have? 14 minutes on time lapse... You musta had a ton of recorded time.

I had over two hours of recorded video just for the run, not counting anything prior or after the actual run.
I tried to shorten the length of the video, but then the time lapse became difficult to follow, and got jumpy, which caused headaches for me.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Man, you guys were flyin'!!!

Great video, Chris. You run a CarPC, no?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Man, you guys were flyin'!!!

Great video, Chris. You run a CarPC, no?

Negative. I have one, it is not installed, sadly. Takes up a LOT of room... I want to build a car PC using MiniITX and a smaller flat panel than the one I have currently.
PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
How bizarre, I was just watching our local PBS station’s “Almanac” program. I stepped away for a minute and when I came back they were playing Chris’s time lapse video. More recognition for our little cars. Way to go Chris.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Seriously Jeff?
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Hey, Would I kid you? They came back from a break with it around the 25 minute mark. Don't know what was said or if there was an intro. Had kind of a WTF moment as I thougth there was something wrong with my TV getting my desktop signal. HuH!

I checked, last night's show it not up on their web-site yet. I will check back later.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:
Hey, Would I kid you? They came back from a break with it around the 25 minute mark. Don't know what was said or if there was an intro. Had kind of a WTF moment as I thougth there was something wrong with my TV getting my desktop signal. HuH!

I checked, last night's show it not up on their web-site yet. I will check back later.

That is awesome. I am on http://www.tpt.org right now and I see last week's episode, waiting for the updated one.

Wonder how they found it... That is too cool.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
The next thing we'll see is Synthesis on a PBS pledge break; for a donation of only $120 we'll send you the "Best of" DVD collection. How about a new series: "This Old Fiero". Good work, beautiful part of the country.

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 10-23-2010).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Its up!

Lead in as this week's "Hit Play! Go cruisin with this weeks video clip." Shows fromstart to finish for less than a minute.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
thanks for the ride, cool video and the music fit it to a tee. more to look at than boaring 95 in florida to daytona. minnesota looks nice.
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsDirect Link to This Post
That looks like an awesome way to spend a day! I can't wait until summer...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Jeff, just got home from the haunt and watched it on their site... They showed the start and then cut it down to Fountain City....

Wow! It has been up since Monday on Youtube... I wonder how they found it, and what they were looking for when they did.

That is pretty kick ass!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Jeff, just got home from the haunt and watched it on their site... They showed the start and then cut it down to Fountain City....

Wow! It has been up since Monday on Youtube... I wonder how they found it, and what they were looking for when they did.

That is pretty kick ass!

You are finally a TV star. Don't forget us little people when you make it big in Hollywood!
PFF
System Bot
elitopr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprDirect Link to This Post
nice video You give a idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will try to do that here in Puerto Rico like around the Island with some of the Fiero enthusiast here in PR and I will post the trip and see. I think I can group almost 10 if its possible.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Chris I liked it!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock