Started on: 10-12-2010 05:19 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Car-Lo on 10-12-2010 10:29 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
im looking for a good muffler to use on my swap. i cant make a good decision on what others say it sounds like. i need actual sounds. i really want a corsa, but the only corsa muffler that would work is on the late 4th gen camaro/firebirds. and those are only for v8s and sold as kits. im really tempted to buy a fbody kit and use just the muffler for my swap. ive heard only one borla 3800 fiero clip on youtube. i like that one, but i want more to hear and sample from.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

since i seem to be getting so many PM's about my hitch, ill answer right here
the trailor hitch/bike rack hitch jack, lifting and resting points...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Here's one using 2 glass packs - no cat - stock 3800 SC exhaust manifolds - built a 90 off the flange to a Y pipe into the glass packs and out to the tips - it is fairly loud and uses 3" pipe to the 3" inlet glass packs then reduced to 2.25" to the 90's going to the tips. Pretty much had zero restriction. Sounds great but will give you a headache cruising down the hiway.

http://s525.photobucket.com...current=DSCN0291.mp4

Here is the second generation on the same car. I built a "quick" turn 90 at the flange to a quick turn 180 into a stock V6 Fiero muffler mounted in the stock location - sits a little lower than the stock location but still has plenty of clearance. Used 2.5" to the muffler then 2.25" out to the tips. A lot quieter than the twin glass packs but still has a great sound. I believe that the back pressure has increased the bottom end grunt slightly and now I can hear the blower whine over the exhaust. This setup was a great improvement over the glass packs.

http://s525.photobucket.com...current=DSCN0445.mp4
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
hmm.. that stock v6 muffler is a pretty acceptable sound. wonder how that ocelot muffler would sound on the SC. if it is any different of a sound over the stock muffler.

im thinking i might just buy a couple different mufflers and make them bolt-in so i can swap em and sell the one i dont like or save it for my next fiero. or give it to my brother when he gets another fiero after he sees my SCIII stomped his LT4 C4

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 10-12-2010).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

You want to hear a beautiful sounding 3800SC, do you? Well, here you go...

This is a short video clip taken a couple weeks ago at a local autocross track. There were six of us from our Fiero club racing around the track. In this particular clip there are two Fieros. The first one is a totally stock Fiero in dire need of a suspension , and the second one is the custom Fiero belonging to John Carlo. John had never been on a track before, so he was taking it pretty easy, but I'm sure you'll LOVE the sound of his car.

Download the clip from Here and tell us how you like it.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good. Can you get specifics of John Carlo's exhaust system for us?

Here's a 3800sc on youtube I found.
http://www.youtube.com/watc...&playnext=1&index=34
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
yea, some specifics on on john carlos system would be great. i like his sound. that clip of a walk around... it sounds too raspy and far too loud at idle. im very tempted to buy a C5 borla system or a 4th gen camaro corsa setup and hacking it to work on the fiero. very temped.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

You want to hear a beautiful sounding 3800SC, do you? Well, here you go...

This is a short video clip taken a couple weeks ago at a local autocross track. There were six of us from our Fiero club racing around the track. In this particular clip there are two Fieros. The first one is a totally stock Fiero in dire need of a suspension , and the second one is the custom Fiero belonging to John Carlo. John had never been on a track before, so he was taking it pretty easy, but I'm sure you'll LOVE the sound of his car.

Download the clip from Here and tell us how you like it.

Ok this car makes me drool!!! I feel like a virgin at prom everytime I see this car! Wowowowowowowowowow!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

Sounds good. Can you get specifics of John Carlo's exhaust system for us?

Here's a picture of it (taken from John's build thread that I linked to)...

I'll bring this thread to John's attention and hopefully he can post and give us some specifics.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
these are the Corsa n Borla kits im going to choose from if i go that path. pretty pricey to hack apart and run the pipes in the fiero's path. that last borla looks a tad bit difficult to fit in the fiero. keep in mind, i am keeping my trunk.

http://www.corsaperf.com/pr...lay.aspx?product=225

http://www.borla.com/produc....aspx?prod_sku=11766

http://www.borla.com/produc....aspx?prod_sku=11767
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
There are some in this thread, too:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073360.html
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Here's a picture of it (taken from John's build thread that I linked to)...

I'll bring this thread to John's attention and hopefully he can post and give us some specifics.

Looks to be a Spintech muffler. Maybe John can get us the specific muffler he is using?
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Spintech muffler, that's all I know, Blair ( WCF Club member ) did the 3800SC swap for me.

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 10-12-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock