Started on: 10-11-2010 09:11 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Rainman on 10-11-2010 04:46 PM
Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
Quick question for the forum.

I bought an original '88 service manual from a guy yesterday. When I arrived to buy the book, he also had a bunch of red and black Fiero service manual "technical update" books or something along that line. They were like Volume 3, issue 1, 2 & 3 and also some others, all for the Fiero. I almost bought them too, having never seen them before (and I've been in Fiero's for about 12 years) but I wanted to get home and do some research on what they are before buying them, I also didn't have the extra cash on me at the time to buy them, I had only brought enough for the service manual.

Anyone seen anything like these before, or know what they are? I'm guessing his dad is/was a dealer tech or mechanic in some professional capacity.

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 10-11-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rainman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
Not meaning to sound impatient, but bringing this back to the top. I would like to get the jump on these before someone else if they are indeed an interesting find.
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
I can't be sure but it sounds like you are referring to the update binders that come from production line changes. I have seen some of these for other cars and they include almost anything and everything that changed on the production line. They include part number changes, install procedure changes and new part information.

No matter what yours might be or what they contain they are of historical value. If you don't want them I would like more information so that I can decide if I can afford to get them.
Rainman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
These books looked like they may have been supplementals for the service manual, as they had some topics listed on the cover, covering engine removal and a bunch of other stuff, I don't think they were for production line use, but I could very well be wrong. I'll email him and let him know I'm interested in them.

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 10-11-2010).]

Rainman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post

Rainman

3877 posts
Member since Jan 2003
I might regret doing this, as someone may jump on my books, but the service manual I bought is in good condition and he's got a ton of other manuals. I doubt he wants to ship, I had to meet in person with cash. So, anyone in the Fint, MI area, here is a gold mine of factory service manuals.

These are located in Lapeer, Michigan.
http://flint.craigslist.org/pts/1985843900.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock