Suncoast Fieros Oct meeting & cookout by larini74
Started on: 10-05-2010 08:20 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: Joe 1320 on 12-21-2010 05:42 PM
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Saturday Oct. 9, 2010

Dave's Fiero Farm
4402 Gallagher Rd.
Plant City, FL 33565
10am to ?
There will be a cookout - bring a side dish if you wish.....
from I-4, take the McIntosh Rd. exit and go north, turn right on Gore Rd. and follow it around
(it turns into Gallagher). Dave's is 1 mile north of the Thonotosassa Rd. stop sign, on the right.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
meeting is tomorrow.....
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
Hmmmm...... wonder if my car will be done by then. They are redoing the manifolds on my Countach.

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica.
87 Coutach replica

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
it would be awesome if you can bring that up......you could take a look at the Countach that Gary is building....

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 10-08-2010).]

Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
It's already in their shop. Gary is doing the work on it right now.

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica.
87 Coutach replica

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
We are talking about the same Gary....Gary Bulpin in Plant City...right? I was there on Tuesday...didn't see a Countach there except for the kit he was designing....
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

We are talking about the same Gary....Gary Bulpin in Plant City...right? I was there on Tuesday...didn't see a Countach there except for the kit he was designing....

Yup. dropped it off Wedsnesday. I doubt that I'll be picking it up tonight, so check it out tomorrow.

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica.
87 Coutach replica

[This message has been edited by Joe 1320 (edited 10-08-2010).]

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Cool - come on up anyway.....good food....good people....
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I'll drive over in my HHR, my 87 needs wheel bearings, upper and lower control bushings, and some engine mounts. My 88 needs to find the source of the 32 error code. It still drives fine but ...
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Cars at The Fiero Farm

Free food is always a great motivator for a meet. Thanks to Suncoast.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
removed

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 12-21-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics, but Damn it...... it looks like the front spoiler was dragged though the dirt. The driver's front scoop looks pretty loaded up with sand. Stuff like that won't make me too pleased.

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica.
87 Coutach replica

[This message has been edited by Joe 1320 (edited 10-10-2010).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
everybody at dave's fiero farm are good people. i drove my car from jacksonville to plant city to let gary work on my car.
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
I wasn't previously concerned, Gary worked on my 328 replica installing a frame reinforcement under the whole floorpan. It even includes a removeable center section for when the gas tank needs to be dropped. It was a decent job there. I guess I just kinda freaked for a minute seeing the front spoiler and duct loaded up with sand.

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica.
87 Coutach replica

AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Cars at The Fiero Farm

Free food is always a great motivator for a meet. Thanks to Suncoast.

LOL, so that is where the Lizardo went. Dan took it there I guess.
(yes, I live where the lizardo kits are being made. all that fiberglass and grinding....) =D

------------------
AL' Owner of:
88 Fiero I4
87 GT
86 Holley SD4
85 Fiero V6

Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL87:

LOL, so that is where the Lizardo went. Dan took it there I guess.
(yes, I live where the lizardo kits are being made. all that fiberglass and grinding....) =D

I still want to see one of those in person. Wish I could have made the meeting but at least my ride did.

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica.
87 Coutach replica

Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

everybody at dave's fiero farm are good people. i drove my car from jacksonville to plant city to let gary work on my car.

Interesting you should mention that trust.

I picked mine up after getting the headers installed and getting a new a/c clutch. On the trip home I could tell the exhaust was still leaking, so it went back to the shop the following weekend again. Gary had the car for maybe a week and told me that the head was cracked and that was the reason for the exhaust leak. Since he didn't recommend doing one head, by the time everything was added up the bill was going to be $2500. He said he had a motor that was pulled from another replica that he could install for $2000 to help me out. I decided I just couldn't spend that kind of dough at the moment, I had other projects consuming a bit of resources as well as something didn't quite sit right. A local mechanic who I've been getting to know put the car up on his lift so we could get a good look. he pulled off the a/c compressor (which certainly appears to not have a new compressor clutch based on the photo below). I would welcome dissenting opinions, but it sure looks like it wasn't replaced to me. Thanks for taking care of me on that new clutch Gary.

Sorry for the size of the pics, but if you reduce the page font zoom 50%, they show in better detail.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Now that the compressor was out of the way, one can easily see the reason for the exhaust leak. Check out how the bottom of the gasket goes almost to the middle of the header tube in the pics. In the blurry photo, note how the top of the gasket "ear" is sitting above the stud in the upper left side. Now to set the record straight, Gary did tell me that several bolts broke off in the head and were helicoiled and I supplied all the hardware and headers. Gary said the cradle had to be dropped for access. I cannot imagine how one could install a gasket that poorly with the cradle being dropped for access. So it was a cracked head Gary? Again, thanks for taking care of me.

Gary, I'm reasonably sure that due to bolts breaking, you felt you were losing money by the amount of extra work due to things not going right. Attempting to sell me an upper end rebuild with new heads or help me out with another used motor (60K miles) to replace my 18,500 mile original motor to make up for things is hardly the right thing to do. The same goes for the a/c compressor clutch. So Gary, thanks for making it sound not quite right. For the cost of a new header gasket, I saved $2500.
yep, great people. Jim, it sounds like you got lucky while I was getting the shaft.

My advice is BEWARE OF GARY BULPIN AT DAVE'S FIERO FARM.

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica
87 Coutach replica

[This message has been edited by Joe 1320 (edited 12-18-2010).]

Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
Bump to the top to get the word out.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
I would not be happy either and would have been really upset that he was using my car for a photo shoot and put the spoiler that low into the ground. Honestly this is not the way to do business in my opinion. Rick B
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
There was no photo shoot , I took those pictures.
Joe, since Gary did not do the work on your car, and you paid someone else to do it, how can you claim that he cheated you?
You were not happy with his quote, fair enough, you found someone to do it cheaper. Good for you. Just remember, cheaper
is not always better. Dozens of other people have had their cars worked on by Gary and were more than satisified with his work
and his prices. So for you to go and bash his work is just stupid on your part. Quit whining like a little baby and get over it.
And as for the pictures of your car, I will be more than happy to remove them from my webpage and this thread....

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 12-21-2010).]

Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

There was no photo shoot , I took those pictures.
Joe, since Gary did not do the work on your car, and you paid someone else to do it, how can you claim that he cheated you?
You were not happy with his quote, fair enough, you found someone to do it cheaper. Good for you. Just remember, cheaper
is not always better. Dozens of other people have had their cars worked on by Gary and were more than satisified with his work
and his prices. So for you to go and bash his work is just stupid on your part. Quit whining like a little baby and get over it.
And as for the pictures of your car, I will be more than happy to remove them from my webpage and this thread....

WFT? Wow.... someone can't read. I paid Gary to do the header install and he botched it. It leaked. I took it back to have him find out why the leak and he tried to rip me further by telling me I had a cracked head and tried to get me for $2500 for no reason. not to mention the new A/C clutch that Gary supposedly put on there doesn't look new. In fact, it looks like the one that was there all along. I don't know what the heck you are referring to, but those are the facts right there. Gary lied and if you read my post, you would have seen that. The language is plain english.

So if Gary didn't work on my car like you suggest, mind telling me who did? Stating that I should quit whining like a baby is completely out of line. If you want to remove the photos, do what makes you happy. Seems more like you are friends with Gary anyway and I'm being punished for getting scammed.

[This message has been edited by Joe 1320 (edited 12-21-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

I would not be happy either and would have been really upset that he was using my car for a photo shoot and put the spoiler that low into the ground. Honestly this is not the way to do business in my opinion. Rick B

Rick, the car wasn't there for a photo shoot. The meeting happen to be there and for whatever reason, decided to move it out front. I'm not sure why, but those are the least of my issues right now. The fact that Gary charged me for work that he didn't do, then covered up botched install by telling me the header install was fine, that the head was cracked and that was the reason for the exhaust leak is criminal. Evidently Gary thought I was a sucker.

Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Joe 1320

947 posts
Member since Sep 2003
sorry double post

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
I just spoke with Gary, which appearently you have even tried to do, and he told me that he charged you $300 to put
the headers on and to rebuild your a/c clutch. Your a/c sasn't working when you brought the car in, and if it is working
now, then the rebuilt clutch is working fine. Where you came up with the $2,500 amount Gary couldn't figure out.
Also, if you should've made your own thread about this, instead of hijacking this one. You click on the New Topic button
at the top to make a new one. If it were me that you were trying to libel, I'd be talking to a lawyer to sue your dumb butt.
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

I just spoke with Gary, which appearently you have even tried to do, and he told me that he charged you $300 to put
the headers on and to rebuild your a/c clutch. Your a/c sasn't working when you brought the car in, and if it is working
now, then the rebuilt clutch is working fine. Where you came up with the $2,500 amount Gary couldn't figure out.
Also, if you should've made your own thread about this, instead of hijacking this one. You click on the New Topic button
at the top to make a new one. If it were me that you were trying to libel, I'd be talking to a lawyer to sue your dumb butt.

Well that's just bullshit. It's fine if you guys want to cover his butt. I paid Dave $400 in cash (because Gary was not there when I picked the up the car, Dave was there to collect.) and what I have posted is the truth. You clowns want to cover it up, do what you wish....... I know the truth and have stated plain facts. Liars get theirs in the end. In this story, Gary won't get another dime or a minute of consideration. This is a small community and the word is out. libel? LMAO. you cannot sue for telling the truth just because you don't want to hear it. So he admists doing the header install. Great. What did he say about the pics of the botched job? He couldn't find the leak after the install. After getting it on a lift, it was a simple thing to find.

The A/C was working, just making compressor noise and high speed cooling was not too effective because of an improper angle of the radiator/condenser and a bad angle of airflow. It will still need a redesign.

Good luck with "the Fiero boys". Real men have better ethics.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock