Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  mich. trip next week. any fiero owners near dearborn (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
mich. trip next week. any fiero owners near dearborn by pete 2m4
Started on: 10-03-2010 07:35 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: smartaxel on 10-23-2010 09:36 AM
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
hi im going to mich. next week with my 84 sport. driving from pa. out. anybody avaiable to show me the former fiero factory.? plus i would like to meet a mich. fiero owner.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Depends on the day I can meet you and show you the factory.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Well I live on the other side of the state if your heading to "the west coast". I picked up my car in a suburb of Pittsburgh.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I thought that plant was torn down. I thought some one said the walk way is gone.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Walkway has been gone for years, plant is still there for now.
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
i will be in that area from mon, the10th till that sat. so anyday is good for me. im on vacation and no set plans. just want to take my fiero back to its birthplace so to speak.
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
If you look on the forum under plant #17 you will see some photos of me taking down plant #17 sign and a few others. Spent two hours there a couple weeks ago. It is still there but devestated. Most signs are gone or painted over with black paint. There is no longer anything FIERO inside or out side. If you can't find the photos e-mail me at 84ND500@comcast.net. I will also send you photos of the bridge with FIERO SIGN, no FIERO SIGN, and the bridge being torn down. Just give me some time to locate the photos.

Ron T
historian

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
I may be interested in joining you. I will be in Michigan from the 7th till the 17th. I will be in West Branch pretty much all week....but if you were thinking about Friday or Saturday (15th or 16th), I could bring the convertible down also.
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

If you look on the forum under plant #17 you will see some photos of me taking down plant #17 sign and a few others. Spent two hours there a couple weeks ago. It is still there but devestated. Most signs are gone or painted over with black paint. There is no longer anything FIERO inside or out side. If you can't find the photos e-mail me at 84ND500@comcast.net. I will also send you photos of the bridge with FIERO SIGN, no FIERO SIGN, and the bridge being torn down. Just give me some time to locate the photos.

Ron T
historian

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082602.html

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
How's about we meet up on Friday the 8th @ 6 pm at the Borders on Woodward and Maple? We'll drive up the the factory before it gets too dark and we can come back down and have ice cream at Dairy Deluxe or go to Duggans for grub.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 10-04-2010).]

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

How's about we meet up on Friday the 8th @ 6 pm at....

Sounds like fun, but I will have to bail on you if you are doing it that early....I will be at the Fall Color Tour in Northern Michigan for that first weekend.
PFF
System Bot
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Hey Mozart that sounds great!!!!!! I have no plans for friday and yes i can meet you there. I will need directions to Borders. Im staying in Bellevue at the Days Inn. Here is my cell number 484-767-0617 My name is Pete Bransky and i greatfully appreciate this. If other Fieros come out that would be awesome!!!!! So either PM me with your info or post it here. I will contact you too make sure everythings good. What day and time to reach you? Ohh grub is on me. Thanks!!! Fiero people are so great no matter were you go!!!!!!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Sounds like fun, but I will have to bail on you if you are doing it that early....I will be at the Fall Color Tour in Northern Michigan for that first weekend.

I'm flexible. How does Sat the 16th at 10 am, same location, sound to you?
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
I'm in if it is delayed to the 16th....but want to make sure Pete doesn't loose out if we change it. He is the real guest here, I am originally from Michigan. My cell is 810- six five six -3343 (yup, still have my Michigan phone).

Edit to add: Did you realize this is Tuesday already? I leave tomorrow. I better start packing.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 10-05-2010).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I'm available for both days. I'll take any opportunity to meet with Fiero guys, especially if they're coming out of state. Give me a reason to drive the Fiero and I'll try to be there.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003
Just got off the phone with both you guys and it looks like Sat the 18th is the date. Hope others can make it, too!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
bump
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Im really looking foward to meeting you!!!!! Thanks so much.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Next week!
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I flew into town for a wedding in Livonia today. Leaving in the morning... Sorry that it was not next week. I would have loved to make the trek with a few other enthusiasts.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Keep me "in the loop." If I can make it, I'd like to meet up with you guys.
PFF
System Bot
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
hi mozart sent you a pm. im in Mich. the fiero started to shudder just kidding
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Just got off the phone with both you guys and it looks like Sat the 18th is the date. Hope others can make it, too!

Just an update...I am still in for Saturday (the 16th, not the 18th) at 10am.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pete 2m4:

hi mozart sent you a pm. im in Mich. the fiero started to shudder just kidding

Its just the potholes...
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I am not too busy and I want to get out and drive the fiero a bit.

There is a good chance i will be down at milan running 10s or better on saturday evening.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Tempting to join you, Scott....but have dinner with a hot redhead planned Saturday night. I can find the replays of your record run on youtube...I won't find replays of her there. I will stick with Plant 17 in the morning.
Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
*snicker*

winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Direct Link to This Post
HI, i live in Toledo, ohio. if you are coming down us 23. south into ohio. i can meet you for coffee or a snack. my cell phone no. is 419-509-5048 Jerry Lynn. i am a michigan fiero member. i am retired and can meet you any time. you can come stretch your legs for a while too.
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
we are meeting at a Borders store at 10 am pm mozart for directions. im always appreciative of meeting a fellow fiero owner. we are going to the former fiero plant in pontiac
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Anyone is welcome to join us! You don't need to have a Fiero but it would be cool with a ton.
Makes me wonder, what is the largest group of Fieros at the plant in the last 22 years?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Anyone is welcome to join us! You don't need to have a Fiero but it would be cool with a ton.
Makes me wonder, what is the largest group of Fieros at the plant in the last 22 years?

I imagine the 20th or 25th anniversary had a large group.

where/when are you guys meeting?
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Borders, Woodward and Maple (15 Mile) 10 am
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Grrrrrrrr....one less Fiero tomorrow morning. Alternator went out on it, and as tempting as it is to try to bring it anyway, it really is a recipe to be left stranded. I will still be showing up....but will attempt to grab a passenger seat for the trip over to Plant 17.
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
mr cows
you are more than welcome to ride with me in my 84 i will be honored consider it done!!!!!!
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I got a "new" alternator at a local parts place for $59, so it's not too costly to replace. If you have a manual, it's actualy pretty easy to swap out.
I plan to meet up with you guys tomorrow at Borders. I may have to drop off about 12:15 or so though.

[This message has been edited by smartaxel (edited 10-15-2010).]

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Be happy to take your passenger seat, Pete...thanx.

I have parts cars once I get back to NC....so the only thing this will cost me is the lack of a pic of the car at Plant 17.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Bummer on the car. You sure you don't want any help putting one in?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Great day for a visit. Good to meet up with everyone! Too tired to write more but here's some pics...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
thanks guys!!!!! you made my trip incredible. Mich. Fiero hospitality at its best!!!! Great to meet you and having three fieros there was awesome. glad i bugged the security guy. got to go inside alittle and our pick we got. thanks a million. Michigan rules!!!! a happy Pa. fiero owner
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
More garbage cans!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock