Started on: 09-26-2010 09:56 AM
Replies: 29
Last post by: Doni Hagan on 09-27-2010 07:46 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I am a member of RKC, and have attended their weekly meets in the past with my Fiero... I felt that this applies to the Fiero community as much as anywhere else, and while I am not necessarily promoting RKC, I AM promoting this video, as it makes a very solid point. PS: Their meets are a lot of fun, and there are a LOT of nice cars. If you live in an area with RKC meets, you should drive over.

Originally Posted by Jared
My name is Jared Guynes.

Across America, there is a threat to our hobby.

Car Enthusiasts in every state of the country are seeing their hang-outs being shut down by cops, disallowed by property owners, and generally being given an extra look by any officer on a public street.

At many well established automotive events, attendance is down, or worse, the event itself has had to cancel touring cities and in some cases even filed bankruptcy.

Why has this ever increasing amount of negativity seemed to plague the aftermarket automotive community?

In 2004, I was a young enthusiast, only 20. I had just got the keys to my first sports car, a 1999 Camaro SS Convertible. It didn’t take long for me to find a massive selection of online forums and car meets. The car meets seemed to come in two variety’s, day-time which was smaller and had most classic cars and older owners, and night-time which was larger, had more late model cars, and younger owners like me. Out of convenience, I attended night-time car meets.

One of the first thing I noticed, is that the meets themselves were a far cry from the one-make and model owners from LS1Tech, the forum I was on primarily at the time. No, at a car meet, you saw it all. Tons of Domestics, Tons of Imports, Trucks, Some Exotics, motorcycles, and people of all ages. Pretty much someone from every age from 16 to 60 was in attendance at the meets I went to in North Texas.

Yet there was one, huge problem.

The meets, no matter where they were, no matter how good they were, seemed to be doomed to eventually be shut down. As I watched, not a meet went by that some idiot in some car would do burnouts, blast music, rev constantly or drag race by himself down the service road near the meet. Naturally, every meet I ever attended in 2004 got shut down eventually. I asked around to the others, why does this happen?

RICERS. That’s what they said.

Naturally, I thought ricers meant Japanese cars, but that’s not how these guys meant it. I suppose the origin of the term ricer came from imported cars, but in this context, it simply meant idiot. Surley, the ricers I saw at these meets were in domestic cars half of the time. Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs, Silverados, Sunfires, Cobalts, SRT4’s, yeah, I saw ricers in every one of those cars.

Which brought me to my 2nd conclusion, that a ricer was not really a car, it was an owner. Cars are just machines, if they look stupid, or drive stupid, its probably because the owner is stupid.

One thing was for sure, the overall disdain for ricers at the car meets was one that was shared between the import and domestic owners alike. However, as aware of the problem as we all were, no-one seemed to want to do anything about it. Of course, you didn’t want to be the “leader” when the cops came in to write tickets, so I guess that was why no one tried. But I thought about it, and I realized that if no-one did anything about this, our hobby would either be totally destroyed or doomed to live in the shadows, constantly dodging police and moving locations.

That’s when it came to me. The lines in the sand have to be removed, import owners and domestics owners need to come together. There needs to be an organization that’s about the unification of CAR ENTHUSAISTS, and we need to unite in our unanimous hate of AUTOMOTIVE IMMATURITY. We need to kill the rice. We need, RICEKILLER.

In 2005, I started RICEKILLER.COM, with the sole intention to destroy rice wherever it was present, anywhere in the world. My main method of doing this was to host my own car meets, “ricekiller meets” where car enthusiasts with any make or model could attended, but “ricer behavior” would be strictly forbidden. The meets would be legal, in partnership with local business owners and law enforcement.

5 Years Later, the website has succeeded.

In 2010, RICEKILLER, or RKC as we call it, now has over 20,000 members. We control and operate the largest legal weekly car meets in the state of Texas and Minnesota, and have satellite car meets in 7 total states. As our success in North Texas spread, so did the realization of other car owners across the country. The videos of our meets got out, and people from all over said “we need that here!”. So with a network of regional leaders, we began to spread RKC over the country, and continue to do so to this day.

We are supported by over 60 sponsors who provide services, sales and deals to our 20,000+ member base. RKC is growing every single day.

As for me, I am just a car enthusiast. But if I can contribute one thing to our hobby than it needs to be the universal recognition that automotive stupidity, or rice, is a genuine threat to our hobby. As long as RICE exists, car meets will be killed, insurance rates will go up, lives will be lost, police will profile all of us, and we will all have to continually stare at those ridiculous stick on hood vents.

Im calling all car enthusiasts. I don’t care what you drive. I don’t car where your from. Im calling all forums, I don’t care how long you have been around, I don’t care how many members you have or don’t have. We have to take control of our hobby. If the ricers win, we ALL lose.

RKC is not anti-import. We are anti-idiot.

You can find us online at ricekiller.com/forums and facebook.com/rkcfb

Thank you.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Atakicat

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post
Wow, And I thought I was the only Ricekiller on here.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Very informative.. I always thought Ricers were just young guys who trick out their import cars, making a domestic look like an import or whatever. I don't mind the mods so much, but the kind of described behavior in that article is almost exclusive to youngster driving behavior even before riced-out cars existed. I do rev my engine a little (I am still in my 30s and it sounds great even if it is a duke) but ruining a car show for everyone with immature behavior is pretty crappy. Since the term "Ricer" is becoming more demonized becuse of behavior instead of tricked out cars, I will think twice before calling anyone a Ricer who does not deserve the title according to the thoughts posted here. Thanks.

Still more evidence for raising the driving age.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
The kind of people commonly described with the term "rice" here, and these days, is nothing new. The only thing new is that there are a lot more of them, people use 'rice' to refer to them now.

Over the last 60 years, the world population has grown wildly. The only reason that it's a more visible problem now, than it was 50 years ago when kids were challenging each other to race, trying to prove their manhood to some girls at the local drive-in, is that drive-ins have faded from time, aren't cool to hang out at any more, and there are a lot more kids trying to prove their manhood in a street race.

Idiots have been around since the beginning of cognitive realization. And I'm sure they'll be around until the end of it. Especially with the advances in medical equipment to keep them alive, when they accomplish stupendously idiotic feets.
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget the usage of wrong terminology...such as '' rim ''. ( Points to sig )

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted )

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
RICE= Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements

Ricer= It may be someone who acts like a complete dumb@$$ in a motor vehicle, or someone who distastefully mods their car.

I'm sure you guys all know .
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
It used to be that a "rice burner" was a Japanese car, and a "ricer" was its owner. The type of people who engaged in those idiotic behaviors mentioned above were called "dumbasses". Personally, I think that calling a dumbass a "ricer" is too polite. But whatever...

I feel sorry for those guys in Texas, if they have to go through such lengths to get a decent car show. Here in Central Florida, there are many car show events (and racing events, as well) throughout the year. And most of them are pretty civilized. You do get the occasional douchebag. But they're usually dealt with pretty quickly.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I feel sorry for those guys in Texas, if they have to go through such lengths to get a decent car show. .

I've been to lots of 'decent' shows here. Usually smaller and not in metro areas--dang sure not driving in that hellhole called Houston either.. Maybe Blake has let things get out of control up in North Texas.

deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunetly.............

It seems to me Ricekiller Promotes the same damn thing they grip about..

Theres plenty of videos out there with this guy filming races on busy highway's and riding with guys doing doughnuts in parking lots were people are hanging out...
The Corvette one comes to mind with the guy tailgateing a lambo and running against a Viper on a busy hwy.

Oh yeah...Heres the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGIdmn-eaA Bitchin Song though!!

[This message has been edited by deezil (edited 09-26-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

I feel sorry for those guys in Texas, if they have to go through such lengths to get a decent car show. Here in Central Florida, there are many car show events (and racing events, as well) throughout the year. And most of them are pretty civilized. You do get the occasional douchebag. But they're usually dealt with pretty quickly.

The same crap happens here in VA. People try to set up small weekly cruise-in events, and a bunch of idiots will show up and generally screw things up for everyone.
Atakicat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

Unfortunetly.............

It seems to me Ricekiller Promotes the same damn thing they grip about..

Theres plenty of videos out there with this guy filming races on busy highway's and riding with guys doing doughnuts in parking lots were people are hanging out...
The Corvette one comes to mind with the guy tailgateing a lambo and running against a Viper on a busy hwy.

Oh yeah...Heres the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGIdmn-eaA Bitchin Song though!!

This used to be true.. When RKC first started up, it was about trash talking, Street racing, and pretty much making fun of anything that seemed "Ricey" These days things have changed, and Jared (the creator of RKC) is the first to admit, he was stupid, and promoted alot of things he shouldn't have. Now a days, RKC is more about uniting the car scene, and bringing together "Real" enthusiasts. Sure, there's still the videos, and some decent smack-talking going on (Where is there not?) But now it's more about the love of cars, whether they be import, domestic, car or truck.

PFF
System Bot
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
Thats fine. I have a lot of respect for guys that go through the trouble to keep cruise in's and the like going.

But it may not be a good Idea to hop into cars that after the show are going to go do a little "Grudge" match racing on the hwy and video tape them.

Atakicat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post
Very true, And as a whole, It's pretty much frowned on by RKC. But you can't stop people from doing what they want to do, They'll just do it anyways.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
I understand that. But the guy in the above video.........Is the guy filming the ilegal racing

Maybe he has turned a new over a new leaf? Would seem he would want to get those videos down and not make anymore. knowwhatimean?
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post
"....and we will all have to continually stare at those ridiculous stick on hood vents. "

Boy, I could not agree with this statement more. Every time I see a car with these things, I want to go up to the owner and smack him upside the head, especially when they are on a Fiero.

I just want to say, "Hey, you know the engine is in the back, right? You know those make you look like an idiot, right?"

I know, I know,...to each his own. But I draw the line with these things. Please stop.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:
Boy, I could not agree with this statement more. Every time I see a car with these things, I want to go up to the owner and smack him upside the head, especially when they are on a Fiero.

I just want to say, "Hey, you know the engine is in the back, right? You know those make you look like an idiot, right?"

I know, I know,...to each his own. But I draw the line with these things. Please stop.

I just think it's funny that people are taking styling cues from Buick.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

RICE= Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements

Ricer= It may be someone who acts like a complete dumb@$$ in a motor vehicle, or someone who distastefully mods their car.

I'm sure you guys all know .

Pretty much nails it....

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99
Here they show up at nice car shows, play their stereos so you cant hear anything else including DJs or announcers, bounce em up and down, rev their engines and do burnouts all across the lots. Theres one particular group that hangs out together on weekends. They leave trash and beer bottles all over the lots they inhabit. Theyve been 'removed' or kicked out of lots of at least a dozen local businesses. It even affects others that just want to park, show off their ride and BS with friends. If your at a lot the ricers have been run out of, it only takes a few minutes before management or cops show up to make you leave. They throw anything car oriented into one big trash bag whether your a bunch of 57 Chevy lovers or a bunch of Honda/ Toyota wanna bees.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
You know, the Indy Fiero has "race inspired cosmetic enhancements". So I guess Indy Fieros are rice.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

What is a RICER?

That, and it makes mashed potatoes with no lumps!
Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
I am the new guy here and I don't want to offend anyone but I just saw this in another thread. This is what riced out means. I'm trying to figure out the intake horns???

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jackdaniels:

I am the new guy here and I don't want to offend anyone but I just saw this in another thread. This is what riced out means. I'm trying to figure out the intake horns???

From what I've read/seen on here that Fiero is NOT a ricer, and has the "go" to prove it. Someone elaborate more.

------------------

1995 Pontiac Firebird - 3.4 V6 5-Speed (Engine outta commission awaiting for replacement 3.4), 93-97 to 98-02 Trans Am body conversion My Firebird's Cardomain Page
1988 Pontiac Fiero - 2.5 I4 5-Speed My Fiero's Cardomain Page
1995 Chevrolet Camaro - 3.4 V6 5-Speed, engine donor for my Firebird. Whole car or parts for sale so PM me for details.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Dunno about the "go" FF, but if it's the Rattler I'm thinking of, it's been around a long long time. Looks like some has been added to it since I last saw a pic of it.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ayrow:

Every time I see a car with these things, I want to go up to the owner and smack him upside the head, especially when they are on a Fiero.
[/IMG]

My wife's Fiero. I didn't put them on there, I swear!

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

My wife's Fiero. I didn't put them on there, I swear!

You can always take them off, flip them around and mould them in for a nice cowl look.
ZarZ

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZarZSend a Private Message to ZarZDirect Link to This Post
This is very well said, and a problem here as well. We used to have the classic cars and newer models meet here, once Fast and the Furious came out we were invaded. There were some import guys that came over and admired the classics, talked and joked with all of us. They were obviously welcomed, but then on the other side of the Plaza lot there was a bunch of ricers and the hung in cliques, and it wasn't a problem at first. Gang fights, drug deals, and the whole DSM vs. Honda vs. etc started occuring, the police came out of the wood work and tried to stop the fights and racing. Eventually the classic car group was asked by the plaza owners to quit coming not because anything we did ourselves, but because we attracted the ricers.

We eventually started meeting at various places as mentioned in the video, but it had its perks and negatives. We got to meet new people that would come and admire the cars, but was inconvenient for alot of the car owners.

Btw. this rice killers logo looks REALLY close to Modified magazine's trade mark.

http://www.fizzautosports.c...fed_jan_cover_08.jpg
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jackdaniels:

That car was parked next to me at this year's Fierorama. The tubes on the trunk are actually functional and draw hot air from the engine compartment. The car is supposedly used primarily for racing and was pretty well done, really. Especially the powder coated intake. Look at the underside of the trunk lid and you can see where the pipes are mounted.

I have to admit the tubes are bit "showy" for my tastes, though. A vent would probably achieve the same effect. I also wondered about the need for both rear spoilers.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 09-27-2010).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

You know, the Indy Fiero has "race inspired cosmetic enhancements". So I guess Indy Fieros are rice.

Granted, the Indy is "factory copy" of the actual Pace Car they built, but that's all it is or claims to be.
It definitely would have been better if they were produced with an SD4 engine.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Black Lotus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

That car was parked next to me at this year's Fierorama. The tubes on the trunk are actually functional and draw hot air from the engine compartment. The car is supposedly used primarily for racing and was pretty well done, really. Especially the powder coated intake. Look at the underside of the trunk lid and you can see where the pipes are mounted.

I have to admit the tubes are bit "showy" for my tastes, though. A vent would probably achieve the same effect. I also wondered about the need for both rear spoilers.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Watch it Hagan!
This guy'll lay Two Point Eight Liters of whup-ass with cruise control on you!
Don't question the steam caliope air extractors or his favorite oil.
That is NOT Rice. Trust me!
BTW, he doesn't have 2 spoilers.
He has 1 wing and 1 spoiler.
Get it right for Gods sake.

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black Lotus:

Watch it Hagan!
This guy'll lay Two Point Eight Liters of whup-ass with cruise control on you!
Don't question the steam caliope air extractors or his favorite oil.
That is NOT Rice. Trust me!
BTW, he doesn't have 2 spoilers.
He has 1 wing and 1 spoiler.
Get it right for Gods sake.

LOL!! You're probably right! You should've heard that thing when he pulled up. My 1st question to him was "What the Hell have you got in that thing?" Regardless of what I think about it, the car is beautifully executed.....not a single piece of tacky work.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock