Ruby Red Fiero? by 86GTFastback
Started on: 09-22-2010 04:26 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: shredd on 10-01-2010 03:34 PM
86GTFastback

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post
Check it http://www.flickr.com/photos/lenwong/684414906/

I've been oogling (a word?) over this paint job for months. If I wasn't too chicken I would have gone that route when I painted mine.

Does anyone know whos Fiero this is? I'm curious about the how it was painted, and to give props.

My next fiero will probably be painted a blue version... if I can work up the courage.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bump

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
WOW... almost seems to have some chrome effect in the paint. Maybe an additive to the paint or the clear? Looks awesome. Would love more pics
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I've seen that color on hotrods over a number of years. I believe it is a Ford color.

Arn
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Is this the infamous "Ruby Red Metalflake" that I have been hearing about all my life?

It looks incredible, like its electric. The paint probably cost more than the car.
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
Need some of the bodymen and painters opions of the color. Like what is the real color of this paint, Who makes it. etc. I have candy brandywine on the car now and thinking about having it repainted and I really like this paint.
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
Researching as we speak....

[This message has been edited by Bump (edited 09-24-2010).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Stunning!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Try looking up this paint code and see what you get. It may be somewhat close to the Ruby Red.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 09-24-2010).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Holy Crapola! That is friggin spectacular! Wow!!!! I want this "effect" with a dark blue paint.

Come on, some of you painters out there, how is this done? What is involved, and just how many arms and legs will it cost?
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
I don't believe it's all that difficult, it requires 3 different sets of paint, a base coat, either white or black or gold, a color coat (in this case probably kandy brandywine or such) and a top coat of clear to give it depth.

Least ways that was the way it was explained to Max and myself when we were checking out paint colors at our local Omni Kolour store... expensive... yeah somewhat so... I looked at the brandywine color for my car, Max didn't feel like he was up to that paint job, so did the PPG Perfect Purple...

However, I imagine Max's will be along those lines, along with my son's red for his fiero, simply because both of their cars are already a base coat of white!! So that will cut down on expense and time...

Oh you can check out this thread for more details on the paint...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082868.html
------------------

[This message has been edited by Amethyst (edited 09-24-2010).]

86GTFastback

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Holy Crapola! That is friggin spectacular! Wow!!!! I want this "effect" with a dark blue paint.

Come on, some of you painters out there, how is this done? What is involved, and just how many arms and legs will it cost?

Stealing my idea are you? J/k
PFF
System Bot
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
"Vibrance Liquid Crystal, the color is a Tri stage Candy Apple Red PPG Code 908412.
If you have a PPG Refinish Jobber in your area ask to see a Vibrance Liquid Crystal Color Card The PPG number for the card is DOX443, take a look at that and it has all the colors available in that line."
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Thanx for the info Bump!! Will be checkin the blue tomorrow! HAahhhahahahahah! Me likey blue too!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

ZarZ

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZarZSend a Private Message to ZarZDirect Link to This Post
Oh my, that color is crazy. But I'd be too afraid of scratches, hear candies aren't easy to mend. Also interested in a blue!
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
Have been trying to figure out what that paint looked, like and that is looks like liquid
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Here is a rough Photoshop of what it would kinda look like in Blue:

IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
Somehow it just doesn't look as liquid as the red. But really looks nice. And I'm not really a blue car guy

[This message has been edited by IIKool (edited 09-28-2010).]

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
That red is awesome. Those of you thinking a blue like that, check out the new Mustang Shelby GT500 colors. There's one I've seen a couple times crusin around in my area that looks amazing. It’s almost an anodized blue with white stripes (not the very light retro blue). It reminds me of the blue used in Spectre engine dress up kits only slightly darker. I assume it’s a factory color being a brand new car.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Somehow it just doesn't look as liquid as the red. But really looks nice. And I'm not really a blue car guy

Yea, it looses some of that "liquid" look when changing it In photoshop. Also the red starts With a gold base, where blue needs a silver base.

-Posted from my iPhone

sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
I need the name of a painter or shop that can paint a car to look like this (in red.) Preferably within a few hours drive of Allentown, PA. PM please.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody know who owns this red car? Where did the pic. come from?
PFF
System Bot
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
Bump, for the last two question
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
I wish I did know who owned it, I would love to see it up close. My wifes Formula is painted with the 2009 Saturn Sky color Ruby Red Pearl-Coat, but falls about $5000 short of this guys.

LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Read this page from Alsa Corp. I believe this guy put down the mirrachrome, then top coated with blood red candy. I've seen this in person, and it is stunning. Very expensive, but stunning.

http://www.alsacorp.com/pro...e/mirra_prodinfo.htm
shredd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shreddSend a Private Message to shreddDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Does anybody know who owns this red car? Where did the pic. come from?

A guy named John I believe. He drove it from New York to Carlisle a few years ago. If I remember correctly he bought it sight unseen from a terminally ill man in California. The paint job was amazing.

The owner is on the left

[This message has been edited by shredd (edited 10-01-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock