hho conversion? by fencerenu
Started on: 09-20-2010 09:38 PM
Replies: 30
Last post by: DIY_Stu on 10-09-2010 01:19 AM
fencerenu

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

[This message has been edited by fencerenu (edited 09-25-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
You're about to get many people saying something to the tune of "Diminishing Returns" meaning Electrical load on the engine exceeds gains from the power gains. Or you'll get the snake oil quotes. Be ready.
fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks promising if it is true i'd convert my car to it.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
Hmm....well, if a catalytic converter can convert toxic gases to less harmful ones merely through using the waste exhasut heat, why not be able to create HHO with less energy than you'd get back by burning it?

Maybe internal cumbustion engines won't die off in the near future.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Hmm....well, if a catalytic converter can convert toxic gases to less harmful ones merely through using the waste exhasut heat, why not be able to create HHO with less energy than you'd get back by burning it?

I heard about this about 1-2 years ago and yet it still doesnt sell. I dont get it. I have heard of some people using them (on the internet) but nothing local. Also, did you notice the summer of 2008 when everyone tried to use the hydrogen gas converter with distilled water? It sold tons but now there nowhere to be found.
SNAPPY829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Is that like a Hostess HO HO??
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

because of the laws of physics.

getting hydrogen out of water is easy...heck to run it requires 0 engine mods if you run a carb. perhaps you could self sustain if your engine is super duper efficient but you'd have to be able to put out alot of power ( electrical power ) to convert the h2o.
------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted )

[This message has been edited by Hockaday (edited 09-21-2010).]

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
HHO does work in cars
Gasoline or diesel
gasoline needs more
diesel needs less that gasoline but still needs a far amount
Unleaded doesn't burn to well
diesel is 67% efficient , The presents of hydrogen and the added oxygen get all the fuel to burn so cooling the combustion chamber to a running temp. of 30C degrees lower
So in diesel you get reduced black smoke by up to 90% less.
More power in both fuels, so you do not have to put your foot down as much as you did before , so you save fuel.
By habit you will put your foot the same pressure and you will see how much more power you will have.
You will feel less vibration with both fuels, less ware on the engine.
i have had HHO{ brown Gas} in my Toyota diesel 4x4 for the past 3 years and my 4x4 has gone from 500-550 Km a tank of diesel to 800 km per tank.
I sell the kits for only $280/300 AUD and fit them to $150.
You will need half a gallon of water per 3000cc of engine capacity.
the water containers are 4inches wide by 16 Inches long and are mounted with finger extinguisher brackets to keep it legal.
The power it takes from the battery is in the first few days up to 3 amps and by the end of the first 2 weeks the current goes up to 5 amps. During the next 2 weeks it will drop to 3.5 amps.
Once a month you need to tip the water out and rinses the canister out clean it with steel wool, replaced the water , add 6-10 grains of caustic soda{ drain cleaner } .
After the first 3 months you will not need caustic soda anymore, just use plain water.
the kits will take 3 days to get them ready when any one wants them

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

proff

7393 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Yes your right
IF YOU USE DC
if you use AC at the resonate frequency of the electrodes you can get lots more HHO with a small amount of Current
proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

proff

7393 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by Hockaday:

because of the laws of physics.

getting hydrogen out of water is easy...heck to run it requires 0 engine mods if you run a carb. perhaps you could self sustain if your engine is super duper efficient but you'd have to be able to put out alot of power ( electrical power ) to convert the h2o.

All you need is a vacuum
from anywhere to the intake manifold
and get the hydrogen by using AC
Not DC
You will need 45 to 50 v AC
sine wave is better but a square wave is easier to generate
PFF
System Bot
proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

proff

7393 posts
Member since Oct 2004

getting enough HHO to run a car is hard to do cause you need to think that without gasoline there is no cooling for the combustion chamber, gasoline helps with this cause it doesn't burn to well so the part that doesn't burn cools the cylinder. With HHO the HHO cools the combustion chamber and all the fuel is burn't
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
If you want to know what the HHO is doing in the combustion chamber, I'll tell you. The presence of Hydrogen in the chamber along with the fuel causes the fuel to EXPLODE. You may think that the air fuel mix already explodes, it does not. It burns violently and expands. The hydrogen causes this to accelerate to a point that all of the mix is burned off by the time the piston reaches the bottom. This means you have to retard the spark since the burn is instantaneous to the spark. The force increases due to the full load being burned also increasing efficiency and reduces heating of the walls because it explodes vs burns.

Wouldn't you rather watch this video.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 09-21-2010).]

fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
fcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
And video #2

The death of Stan Meyers, and the disappearance of the buggy are also being questioned.
A Group called the Orion Project have within the last year or two been contacted with a possibility to purchase the buggy from a Meyers family member but they are also being out bid last I knew.

Just think about what it would do if this technology was fully developed. Everyone would be buying Generators for their homes, installing them in their cars Boats could run without stopping for refueling etc etc. Electric companies would have massive layoffs their employee's would have to become Generator Maintenance Technicians. And all of the Engines would be sucking in th mixture we call air and expelling Oxygen and Water vapor. Plants wouldn't have enough CO2 And the water companies would be making a fortune due to Water becoming $4 a gallon .... Ok Ok I'm going off the deep end.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 09-21-2010).]

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Nearly every great invention has been mocked for years until it can be produced in a way that the public can use it, which makes it hard to get the funds necessary to complete an invention.

Hey, they said the Wright brothers couldn't fly, and that it was against physics, and now we have millions of commercial airline flights completed utilizing planes that are bigger than most people's houses. I'm not ready to say hydrogen is the answer, but I'm not ready to write it off. Maybe it will be better than ethacrap.
fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPDirect Link to This Post
Crap, this subject is back.

Do yourself a favour and read a chemistry book.
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Water becoming $4 a gallon .... Ok Ok I'm going off the deep end.

Nail on the head as usual, Stu. There's one thing that is impossible, and that's free energy. It just doesn't work that way. Someday that statement will be proven wrong, but it will not be in my lifetime or any of ours in my opinion. For every action there is a reaction...and here it would be water becoming a serious commodity instead of something people in the US have essentially limitless supplies of with the current demand for it.

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 09-21-2010).]

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Iexplodes vs burns.

Wouldn't you rather watch this video.

i understand what your saying but when fitting these kits I have never altered the timing and some people are telling me they are getting from 120 to 160 extra km per tank of gasoline. By the way Hydrogen doesn't explode it burns in small amounts
Oxygen explodes

stan used 110vac
yes in a short time the water will pass a small current but after a few hours the current will go very high

i use 35 to 42 Khz at 45 V peak to peak
i can get as much hydrogen as he is .
The HHO is not enough to run a engine but is Ok as additive to normal fuel only!!!!!

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 09-22-2010).]

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

And video #2

The death of Stan Meyers, and the disappearance of the buggy are also being questioned.

Just think about what it would do if this technology was fully developed. due to Water becoming $4 a gallon .... Ok Ok I'm going off the deep end.

whats stopping some one from getting a funnel and a tanks and collecting rain water.
costing nothing

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 09-22-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fencerenu:

lol unfortunately the law is what's stopping 'em... 'water rights' you can't lawfully collect the rainwater on your own property. it's true lol in most instances... unless you also own the water rights for the property... doesn't that bite lol

here the powers to be want us not to use the council water , we want to conserve water and so conserve the environment.
We can purchase out door tanks to collect rain water from the gutters of the houses. the down pipes from the house gutters are re-routed to water tanks. This saves the countries water resources. the tanks are not cheap. This is just another way to make money here.
I have a 100K litre tank and 2 x 5 inch holes in the ground that have Bore pumps at the bottom . if it doesn't rain i turn the pumps on to fill up the tank .
But the main reason this is how we live is cause I do not live in the Sydney metro area.
I also have a lic. to sell water, this cost me $96 a year.
all the rain water is free
When we were in the metro Sydney areas we were paying ton the water we use just like every one else
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:
here the powers to be want us not to use the council water , we want to conserve water and so conserve the environment.
We can purchase out door tanks to collect rain water from the gutters of the houses. the down pipes from the house gutters are re-routed to water tanks. This saves the countries water resources. the tanks are not cheap. This is just another way to make money here.
I have a 100K litre tank and 2 x 5 inch holes in the ground that have Bore pumps at the bottom . if it doesn't rain i turn the pumps on to fill up the tank .
But the main reason this is how we live is cause I do not live in the Sydney metro area.
I also have a lic. to sell water, this cost me $96 a year.
all the rain water is free
When we were in the metro Sydney areas we were paying ton the water we use just like every one else

Yes but like everyone we think when we vote we are making a difference for the people. We have the same deal with electricity here we can sell it back to the grid but should you buy it it costs an arm and a leg. We should wise up to this now and try make a buck but we are all doomed anyhow with the human plague as there isn't much room for cars as it is.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

i understand what your saying but when fitting these kits I have never altered the timing and some people are telling me they are getting from 120 to 160 extra km per tank of gasoline. By the way Hydrogen doesn't explode it burns in small amounts
Oxygen explodes

stan used 110vac
yes in a short time the water will pass a small current but after a few hours the current will go very high

i use 35 to 42 Khz at 45 V peak to peak
i can get as much hydrogen as he is .
The HHO is not enough to run a engine but is Ok as additive to normal fuel only!!!!!

When Hydrogen is mixed with Fuel and air it explodes, when hydrogen is mixed with oxygen.. the mix explodes. When you build a hho generator unless you separate your electrodes and use a divider to separate the hydrogen and oxygen (which would be called a Hydrogen generator) then you get HHO Which if you produce a flame near the end of your outlet you get to watch your project EXPLODE!

Stu
fencerenu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fencerenuSend a Private Message to fencerenuDirect Link to This Post
klkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fencerenu:

klkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Wow, great way to ruin a thread. Why post in the first place if you're going to mess it up by doing something like this?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Oh well it shows character. Now onto the secret recipe for making your own tires from Jello.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Bump for recognition
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Yes your right
IF YOU USE DC
if you use AC at the resonate frequency of the electrodes you can get lots more HHO with a small amount of Current

Resonate frequencies are how radios and tvs tune in their channels. When I was in school for electrical engineering we found that the voltage accross a resonate circuit would spike. However this high voltage was not usable. The theory that water is held together with an "electric" bond and that this bond could be broken through a high electric field intrigues me. Especially when you could spin the molecule at a high rate in that electric field. I could see this being possible with a high frequency, through the resonant capacitive inductive circuit. I also noticed that another key to the equation was 304 SS. I see potential in that it would take low power (current x voltage) to break the bond and then burn the combination for a high gain. I know that this goes against conventional wisdom, but I do understand the possible theory.

Rich
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Rich after looking quite deeply into this I have many theories as to how he got it to work and why many don't. Seems everyone takes his ideas and they try to improve them. So the result is they're trying to reinvent the wheel to get the same result, instead of copying the original then piece by piece trying to improve it.

Side note: Ever notice that the key to the future in the movie "Back to the Future" is the Flux capacitor?
You can find the schematics to the hho generator that meyers made and you'll see something similar. It's the alternator that he uses in his generator. I got a chuckle when I thought of that.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock