2.5 Long Block by njcwgrl
Started on: 09-13-2010 02:33 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: njcwgrl on 09-14-2010 07:34 PM
njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

Well I am going to put the v6 project on the side for a while..It is too much for me to handle alone.

I got my 4c 2.5 running this weekend. Found a 87 in the scrap yard and got some parts..But,I have a bad
noise it sounds like a Diesel..

Does anyone recomend a place I can purchase a 2.5 long block ? At least with this Im just going piece for
piece and will be easier. And I can drive the car and see what else it needs .

One more question ..Can I put a 4t60 trans with the 2.5 without changing axels ??

Thanks alot,
Shannon

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
when and if i ever get my engine, i will sale you mine cheap! :P
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Several of the 2.5s had that diesel sound. A friend had one back to the dealer many times trying to get it quieted down, but no luck. Last time I saw it it had 140K on it and still running strong.

Look for rebuilt engines on ebay. There was a guy on there that had bought up a bunch of end of production units from a major remanufacturing company and was sellling them for around $300. No warranty. He was advertising them for Buicks, but he had several variations of the 2.5

You can put in a 4t60, but you will have to get different axles
njcwgrl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
Looked on ebay> Way to much money the only one that cost was good would Not fit a Fiero. Mine I was told tonight has a
bad cam bearing

Anyone have a 2.5 for sale ?

Thanks
Shannon
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by njcwgrl:

Looked on ebay> Way to much money the only one that cost was good would Not fit a Fiero. Mine I was told tonight has a
bad cam bearing

Anyone have a 2.5 for sale ?

Thanks
Shannon

How does $400 sound? I will sell you mine for that if I get this truck sold so I can have enough $$ for my swap.
njcwgrl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
How many miles on engine ? Is that shipped ?

Shannon

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock