Sad to say, I no longer have a Fiero by mrjohnishome
Started on: 09-12-2010 11:15 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Australian on 09-13-2010 04:27 AM
mrjohnishome

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrjohnishomeClick Here to Email mrjohnishomeSend a Private Message to mrjohnishomeDirect Link to This Post
I am very displeased to say that I no longer own a Fiero. I had started an 88 3.4 dohc swap almost 3 years ago. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish it. I am sure you have all seen my threads in the mall parting out the car. I have spent countless hours on the car, as well as countless dollars accumulating parts for it. I had almost everything ready on it, up until this year. Then school and work kicked my ass. I didn't get home (almost an hour away) to work on it more than once a month. So I made the decision to part out the car. It was eating up space in my garage, and my sister was moving into that house, so it just counted stay in the shape it was in. My only hope was to allow the tons of aftermarket parts that I accumulated to live on in someone else's car. I wish I could have finished it, but I just have no time for a project that large. I took on this project when I was only 17 years old. I am now 20.

Two days after I made the decision to part with the car, I saw a 1991 Mazda RX7 (N/A 5 speed) sitting on a dealer's lot. I pulled in, and took a look. I drove the car, and it reminded me so much of my Fiero, that I ended up trading my 95 firebird (3.4 5 speed) for it. The guy was having a hard time selling it, and told me that the firebird would be a much easier sell for him. The firebird was in ROUGH shape too. Since then, I have sold enough of the parts from my Fiero to begin putting a little money into the RX7. I replaced the power steering rack, as well as the brakes with some nice new rotors, pads, and lines. I also fitted a set of lowering springs, and nice set of seat skins I picked up on ebay. I was also able to use the wheels I had been saving for my Fiero on the RX7 since it had a 5x100 and 5x114.3 bolt pattern. I am amazed at the aftermarket available for this little car. I am amazed at how similarly it handles compared to the Fiero. I am very sad to see me Fiero go, but I am happy with my newly acquired vehicle. I plan on having another Fiero one day, but it will be one day when I can manage a project the size of the one I took on.

Taking on a project the size of the Fiero, at only 17, was a huge task. But the knowledge and help provided here made me confident in completing it. I had the motor in and running, thanks to the help of many here. I guarantee I will still check this forum daily, and offer my assistance, just as assistance was offered to me. I would hate to see the best forum that I have ever been on, begin to push away new members. This is a great community, and I am glad to know I can still be a part of it, even without a Fiero.

Again, thanks to all, for your years of help and assurance.

Nick
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SClick Here to visit N3M3S1S's HomePageClick Here to Email N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
You can't talk about a sweet new ride without posting some pictures man! I happen to like that generation of RX7's as well. And yeah, stick around, we've got plenty of people who don't even own Fieros anymore that still have a blast here.
mrjohnishome

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrjohnishomeClick Here to Email mrjohnishomeSend a Private Message to mrjohnishomeDirect Link to This Post
I'll be sure to get some pictures up as soon as I get some decent ones!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Well you won't be doing an engine swap those things are so fast add 20+ pounds of turbo they can take it and are reliable.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 09-13-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock