Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Reminder - MAFOA Lititz 2010 October 9, 2010 - Don't miss it! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Reminder - MAFOA Lititz 2010 October 9, 2010 - Don't miss it! by JennsDream
Started on: 09-12-2010 01:25 PM
Replies: 144
Last post by: pete 2m4 on 10-12-2010 06:48 PM
JennsDream

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamDirect Link to This Post
In case you missed the post in the Events section, Lititz 2010 is just around the corner. Here is a copy of the post that Robb Leppo posted in the Events section to get everyone up to speed:

"Once again the Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association will hold it's end of year car show and meeting picnic. The show will be held at Lititz Spring Park, Lititz PA on October 9th. The show will start at 9 am and registration will be open to everyone till 11 AM. Judging will be from 11 am till 1 PM (popular voting) and awards will be given out at 2PM with dinner being served in between. The charge for the show and picnic will be 5 dollars plus a manditory covered dish. For those comming without a dish the show charge will be 10 dollars. All cars parking on the show field must register, no exceptions! There will be 5 classes to enter with four awards per class given out, The classes are Stock Notchback, Stock Fastback. Modified/custom Notchback, Modified/custom Fastback, and a new class call the "Survivor" class. This class will allow three minor changes to a basically stock car (Custom Wheel Cars and modified drivetrain cars cannot be in this class) The key here is that you must have the original factory paint on your car to enter this class. Car classifiying will be the sole decision of MAFOA and all class decisions will be final. The club will be selling hotdogs and hamburgers for a nominal fee like we do every year. The club will hold it's annual meeting this day as well. For more information to this show please contact Corey Leppo or Jenn Hahn thru the MAFOA web site. There is no pre registration for this show as well. Members and non members are welcome to attend. We will also feature our famous swap meet the same day, spots are free so bring all you junk to sell or trade. I hope to see everyone there as this show has been averaging 40 cars each year and growing. There is plenty of parking on the show field and surrounding areas with a hard cover pravillion along with rest room areas. Mark your callendars and don't miss this one! "

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! I hope that we have some great weather that day!!!!!!

Here's what we have so far for food and goodies:
-plates
-cups
-plastic wear
-napkins
-sliced tomatoes
-sliced onions
-sliced lettuce
-ketchup
-mustard
-salt
-pepper
-hot dogs
-burgers
-rolls
-jalepeno roll ups
-what else are people gonna be bringing?

Just a note, please contact me personally through my email address (chrisswife@comcast.net) or on here. You can PM me or just post on here and I will update as I receive input.

[This message has been edited by JennsDream (edited 10-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Steph and I will be there with both of our cars, and she will be making Jalapeño roll-ups for the event. Count us in!
aNgeLeyez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aNgeLeyezSend a Private Message to aNgeLeyezDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Steph and I will be there with both of our cars, and she will be making Jalapeño roll-ups for the event. Count us in!

Are we going?
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Probably won't make it due to the car being in a million pieces.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'll be there with my 87. The IMSA has no chance in hell of being ready by than so it will be sitting this one out My father also wont be there because of hos close it will be to his bypass surgery. I'll be bringing a few small odds and ends parts to sell but nothing huge. Hope to see everyone out there.. littiz is always a fun event. I was sort of dissapointed in the frysinger event not because of the show itself but because of the fact littiz is a much more fun and more fiero orented event.
Dave Deerson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave DeersonSend a Private Message to Dave DeersonDirect Link to This Post
Is there an area for trailers????
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there with Tom, Steph, and probably my Dad. Steph's son may tag along too.

Dave Deerson, Fiero Jon has trailered his Fiero there before and there's a large area near where the meet is that could fit a trailer I'm sure.
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Deerson:

Is there an area for trailers????

I think you should be able to find somewhere to park a single-car trailer. A 53' 102", prolly not
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Hopefuly this year theres no pink shirt posters or anything like that.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Hopefuly this year theres no pink shirt posters or anything like that.

I already contacted the person who did that last year, so that he/she doesnt unexpectantly do something again.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

I already contacted the person who did that last year, so that he/she doesnt unexpectantly do something again.

Got ya.. i'm still wondering who that was.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-13-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamDirect Link to This Post
bump to stay off second page of forum!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

well i might have sopme potentaly good news... There is a very slight chance the IMSA might be moving under its own power but littiz. If so I'm going to try and bring both my fiero's to it.. again this is a very slight chance.. not saying it will or wont be there.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

well i might have sopme potentaly good news... There is a very slight chance the IMSA might be rusting under its own power but littiz. If so I'm going to try and bring both my fiero's to it.. again this is a very slight chance.. not saying it will or wont be there because it's so rusty.

We don't need any rusty IMSAs there.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 09-14-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

We don't need any rusty IMSAs there.

You come down here and show me one spec of rust than you can call it a rust bucket
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Meg and I are looking forward to being there! If you've never been, this is a great show! Very laid back, lots of good people, a great location, and good food!

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

You come down here and show me one spec of rust than you can call it a rust bucket

Rust is not a funny issue with my car. My coolant pipes under the door were held on with zip ties, the brackets rusted away.

Don't think we can go to this one, no fiero of ours is driving yet.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 09-14-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Rust is not a funny issue with my car. My coolant pipes under the door were held on with zip ties, the brackets rusted away.

Don't think we can go to this one, no fiero of ours is driving yet.

Zip ties are JDM around here.

Almost all my friends cars (that i dont work on because i do it right) have zip ties on them.

You can ask my buddy with his 2G eclipse GST. Between me and my buddy eric we keep my buddy charel's car running and driveing.... Than theres steve whos to proud to ask for my help. His whole car is together with zip ties.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-14-2010).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Zip ties are JDM around here.

Almost all my friends cars (that i dont work on because i do it right) have zip ties on them.

You can ask my buddy with his 2G eclipse GST. Between me and my buddy eric we keep my buddy charel's car running and driveing.... Than theres steve whos to proud to ask for my help. His whole car is together with zip ties.

Ha! I bet so. But I bought the correct brackets and installed them. Poor car is so rusty, I call it the Gold rusty thing. I nearly punched a hole through the frame/floor pan, the area in front of the driver's side front cradle mount.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Ha! I bet so. But I bought the correct brackets and installed them. Poor car is so rusty, I call it the Gold rusty thing. I nearly punched a hole through the frame/floor pan, the area in front of the driver's side front cradle mount.

My gold SE has very minimal rust
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
TTT
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

TTT

If the IMSA makes an apperacne i might need a short throw
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

TTT

I can see this crap is going to be as annoying as last year except now hubby is involved
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I can see this crap is going to be as annoying as last year except now hubby is involved

What's that supposed to mean? Jenn puts a lot of her time and effort into these events, what part of that is annoying? And have you paid your Mid ATLANTIC Fiero Owners Association dues for the year? Oh wait, you're in California? And you're complaining about an eastern car show and the people who get it together? Better stay indoors, the California sun is frying your brain.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

What's that supposed to mean? Jenn puts a lot of her time and effort into these events, what part of that is annoying? And have you paid your Mid ATLANTIC Fiero Owners Association dues for the year? Oh wait, you're in California? And you're complaining about an eastern car show and the people who get it together? Better stay indoors, the California sun is frying your brain.

Hey now, lets not get out of hand here...

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Hey now, lets not get out of hand here...

Then let's also not come in here like an erectile projectile towards CLUB members discussing a CLUB event. If something about it bothers you, the back button usually resides in the upper left corner of your browser.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Then let's also not come in here like an erectile projectile towards CLUB members discussing a CLUB event. If something about it bothers you, the back button usually resides in the upper left corner of your browser.

I actually enjoy these car shows since I don't have the time to participate in them due to my work......nor am I close to most of them. It just gets annoying as hell to have a topic deliberately bumped to the top like last year where the "bumps" went into a 2nd page and actually, as I do a search, there were 4 threads by the same topic-starter being bumped at the same time about the same show. I actually click on threads that have made it to the top with the thought that there is a major update and it is a downer when the words "bump" or "TTT" appear instead of a true update. Just gets frustrating after a while. Just a forum etiquette comment I guess.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamDirect Link to This Post

I actually enjoy these car shows since I don't have the time to participate in them due to my work......nor am I close to most of them. It just gets annoying as hell to have a topic deliberately bumped to the top like last year where the "bumps" went into a 2nd page and actually, as I do a search, there were 4 threads by the same topic-starter being bumped at the same time about the same show. I actually click on threads that have made it to the top with the thought that there is a major update and it is a downer when the words "bump" or "TTT" appear instead of a true update. Just gets frustrating after a while. Just a forum etiquette comment I guess.

As annoying as you may find these "bumps" to be, they help keep the word out and attendance UP which is one of the reasons why the MAFOA if becoming such a large club. Not to mention, we are aquiring many "sister" clubs. So, you may not like them, and I do respect your point of view, but they'll keep coming as long as I am participating in any of the events with the MAFOA, whether I am on the board on not. So, if you don't like it, don't look at them. I take pride in this club and I will do what it takes to promote the club, especially when there is free advertising involved.
aoeuidhtns42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aoeuidhtns42Send a Private Message to aoeuidhtns42Direct Link to This Post
Hershey Fall swap meet is that weekend, and my dad promised me he'd take me there... but maybe we can swing by on the way home or on the way there? Who knows!
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I'll prob be up there, and a bump
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

I'll prob be up there, and a bump

Ya damned well better be.
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Ya damned well better be.

you better not be wearing the short bus shirt
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Well any chance of my IMSA being there was just tho to hell on SAT

THANKS TO E-Z PULL NEW RINGOLD PA

Called them sat morning. Herd you guys have a running 84 fiero engine in your running section is this true. They said they did and had it running earleyer. I get up there and find that the fiero they were talking about was stuck in the back with weeds growing through it and the engine frozen up . I hate imcopmetence.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-20-2010).]

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Don't rush the imsa PK do it right. It looks like i may make it the car is only in 1000 pieces instead of a million now. Once my power mirrors are back from paint i should be able to button the other 1k pieces up and back where they belong.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Maybe next year. MIDTRBO is getting close (thanks bmwguru).

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamDirect Link to This Post
bumpity bump bump !
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Maybe next year. MIDTRBO is getting close (thanks bmwguru).

Still no reason you can't come and introduce yourself! I love the new Camaro ALMOST as much as Fieros.
JennsDream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JennsDreamSend a Private Message to JennsDreamDirect Link to This Post
daveyhouse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daveyhouseSend a Private Message to daveyhouseDirect Link to This Post
I will try to be there
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing Rick will show up right about when it's time to eat. He's late for everything ALL of the time.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock