Started on: 09-11-2010 02:31 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Australian on 09-11-2010 10:48 PM
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
I've finished my 3.4DOHC install. In the process I pulled just about every connector in the engine compartment apart for cleaning and moving wires to different locations. I used factory type split loom or (near the exhaust) reflective fiberglass sleeving to contain the wires.

Now it's done and the appearance of the transition between the looms and the connectors looks really unfinished.

Some sort of tape seems to be the answer, but every time I've tried that route it starts unwrapping in no time at all.

Any suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
When you use tape, use the 3m high temp stuff. Also, when you use tape, cut it instead of pulling it to tear. When you pull the tape to tear it, it stretches, and when it shrinks back up, it unwinds itself.

I find it works better starting at the smaller diameter, and working up to the larger diameter. Make sure that the tape is wrapped around at least a full revolution, so the cut end is always fully stuck to itself.

Good luck, and have fun!

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Electrical tape is only designed to stick to itself so use Gaffa/stage tape this will stick then cover up any nasties with a roll of split conduit. Cannot tell you where to put the wires but i do know this much.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock