Started on: 09-10-2010 01:18 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Philphine on 09-10-2010 10:40 PM
Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
at least for a while, not forever i hope.

been having quite a few problems with the two i've last tried to have as drivers, and none are running even close to reliably, if at all.

i've had at least one fiero licenced and insured since '98, but part for cost and the mentioned reliablity, i cancelled the insurance on the two.

i hope not forever though. i got a truck, and hopefully things like car parts and stuff i can get home easier and someday bring them back. i'm also about to hit 25 years on my 86, so if i can get it going again i can look for a deal on collector insurance or whatever will let me register it again, and maybe the 87 next year.

the truck buy was sooner than i wanted to do it. i got a motorcycle i'm still paying on just last year, but being a rain or shine rider ain't a lot of fun, plus fall's coming. i dropped the fiero insurance to trim cost.
still a fan if not a driver so i'll be lurking some and scouring the mall for parts when i scrape up the cash.

in the meantime, if you see a white pickup lurching down the road in several lanes (after all these fiero years that thing feels like a bus), just wave.... and get out of the way.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can. arthur ashe

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I know how it goes.

I bought my 87 Fiero SE / V6 back in 1996 when I was almost 18 years old. It only had 52k miles on it, and it was only 9 years old at that point. It looked good, ran awesome, and had NO problems.

It was an awesome car for me as a young adult to have. It was my daily driver for almost 5 years.

Since 2000... it's just never run right. The engine overheated because of the plastic waterpump impellar that I used as a replacement. I've toted the car with me everywhere I've moved, and for the past several years, it's done nothing but just sit in my garage.

Only this year have I started to really get into the car. I'm completely rebuilding it from the ground up and I'm really pleased with the progress and the experience. It's a rust free car, so the only thing i have to do is take parts off, clean them, and / or replace them.

But... these cars really are just too old to use as a daily driver now, unless you're retired... so I totally understand where you're coming from.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
I have a Fiero friendly garage in Crestwood if you ever need a hand with them!

~Tyler
Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
thanks, it's more a cash thing for now. i actually hope to start working on them shortly. the gt needs a clutch and i'm not sure what's wrong with my convertible. something with fuel i think, but it's getting to the time of year where having it going wouldn't have been much help any way. having the truck now i can take my time with them and hopefully have one back maybe by spring.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock