Started on: 09-07-2010 12:47 PM
Replies: 30
Last post by: Alibi on 09-08-2010 10:49 PM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Went to my interview. A total of 70 miles round trip. Was pulling into the driveway then BAM! Antifreeze spurting all over the engine. A hoseclamp snapped. grrrrrr.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
What car is this? Thought your Fiero was left in Cali?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

What car is this? Thought your Fiero was left in Cali?

Its 2 fatguys fiero.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Now you're breaking his Fieros? For shame. =P
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Now you're breaking his Fieros? For shame. =P

Sounds bout right.,
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
At least you were in the driveway when it let loose. Trust me, that's much better than the side of the road. Way to go Antuzzi, you break everything you touch.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
At least it was a simple fix. And it happened in the driveway. It coulda been MUCH worse.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Fixed. And then.....BAM! Lower hose let go. ****ing awesome. You know. The one that is a royal PITA to change going from the cooling tube to the water pump. I need to figure out if its the hose or the water pump gasket. I don need this crap. I have a interview on friday (I have a ride if needed) but I cant rely on others to give me a ride to work. So it needs to be fixed. I doubt the auto parts store will have the tube (cant afford it anyways lol). GRRRRRR. I hope its not the water pump gasket. That would suck. The little car runs like a top but its starting to show the signs of aging (well they all are arnet they). What worries me is 2 hoses failing in a 4 day time span. That means more are to follow. I was going to go crawl under it and see remove the hose to see if its the hose or the gasket. It started raining . What sucks is i have a pile of hoses back in California. Actually there are parts cars that I could snag a hose off of. But then that raises another question. Can it be trusted?
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Soo, how many running Fieros does that leave Brad with, if any?

BTW Was the interview in Joplin or Springfield?

[This message has been edited by 30+mpg (edited 09-07-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Hoses to me are just one of those things you don't reuse.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Hoses to me are just one of those things you don't reuse.

I feel the same . At least its being nice and leaving me stranded in town.
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I think it would be a good idea to just replace all the hoses. You can get them in a kit from the Fiero Store for about $50 + shipping. Maybe you can get Brad to go 50/50 with you on that?
aNgeLeyez

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aNgeLeyezSend a Private Message to aNgeLeyezDirect Link to This Post
Oh that must suck. I think my dad (Haulki U,My BFF) broke down on the side of the road, somewhere in our development.
Hopefully my car doesnt do that :0
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Its no biggie if it does. Easy to fix and nice to know it wont happen again.
aNgeLeyez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aNgeLeyezSend a Private Message to aNgeLeyezDirect Link to This Post
At least it happened in the driveway. Instead out in the middle of no where.Hey, cant we be grateful for that??
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
What year is the car and does it have the 2.5?
aNgeLeyez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aNgeLeyezSend a Private Message to aNgeLeyezDirect Link to This Post
What's a 2.5?
Just wondering..
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aNgeLeyez:

What's a 2.5?
Just wondering..

It's the 4 cylinder that came in the lower end Fieros. It denotes how many liters the engine is. (2.5 liters)
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aNgeLeyez:

What's a 2.5?
Just wondering..

Its what your engine is pretty much, the 2.5L Iron Duke, 4 Cylinder. Amazing 90 HP!!
aNgeLeyez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aNgeLeyezSend a Private Message to aNgeLeyezDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for helping me out on the 2.5 thing
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Its what your engine is pretty much, the 2.5L Iron Duke, 4 Cylinder. Amazing 90 HP!!

Best engine of all time!!!

By the way, anyone got the two plugs for my 2.5 ICM? I needz them
PFF
System Bot
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Brad's car has a 2.8 V6 and auto trans. Well, its actually a 3.1 but uses all the Fiero stuff.

I bought the set of hoses from the FieroStore and the one that he needs is the one hose that didn't fit right. It was about an inch too short. It was a Dayco brand part so I'm a bit surprised but it may have just been a fluke and was cut a bit short from the factory.

If Kris needs the part, I may just order the hose off RockAuto and have it shipped to him or something... dunno yet. I'll be seeing him this weekend in any case.
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post

Alibi

2199 posts
Member since Feb 2009
Is this the right hose from RockAuto?

Goodyear 61618, curved, Pipe 1 to WP ~$7

I'm assuming "Pipe 1" is the passenger side cooling tube.

Or I can just order the set off of the FieroStore and hope the hose they have fits right.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
We used to have an old saying at the racetrack I dont hear too often anymore.' It runs the best and fastest just before it blows up.'
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

It's 93 HP, thank you very much.

Jim

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Got my tube . On the car. I got soaking wet while doing so. Going on test drive in a minute. Hopefully it does not have any more tricks up its sleeve.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

11151 posts
Member since Feb 2009
Cooling system does not bleed of pressure. Ideas?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

They actually made 90hp?? I don't think mine has seen 80hp since the mid 90's... LOL
Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Cooling system does not bleed of pressure. Ideas?

does not bleed off pressure? it shouldnt lose pressure for a while, let it sit for like an hour and check its pressure again, it should still have some. the fact that it still has pressure is a good thing, there are no leaks. is it overpressured, however? do the hoses look to be buldging or feel super stiff? the radiator cap might be failed or frozen if so.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racing_Master:

does not bleed off pressure? it shouldnt lose pressure for a while, let it sit for like an hour and check its pressure again, it should still have some. the fact that it still has pressure is a good thing, there are no leaks. is it overpressured, however? do the hoses look to be buldging or feel super stiff? the radiator cap might be failed or frozen if so.

It holds pressure 36 hours after shut down.....i think i will replace the cap
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Radiator cap and thermostat housing cap could probably be replaced if they're the originals. The t-stat housing cap is easy to remove with an oil filter wrench.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock