Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I might be leaving PFF for a while:( (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I might be leaving PFF for a while:( by pontiackid86
Started on: 09-06-2010 10:08 PM
Replies: 65
Last post by: Hardpact on 09-10-2010 08:59 AM
rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blacktree:I personally think the forum could do without all the drama.

But whatever. Carry on.

Originally posted by AADrcw:

X2. All I'm gonna really say in this matter.

Cody

x3

I own page 2 that makes me happy

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 09-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I didn't read every post, but I skimmed over it. Just wanted to say this. It seems to me this demonstrates the real attachment to PFF that some of grow into, when someone posts here that they are going to be away for a while.

The forum itself becomes another hobby above & beyond our Fieros, which is evident by the numbers here who don't even currently have a Fiero. Additionally, there is a lot of family type feeling here, once you get accustomed to some members, and they get to know you.

Life gets you down sometimes, regardless who your friends are, if you're lucky enough to have some. When it starts to get to me, I look up Rocky's speech to his son in the last movie. Movie or not, it's a good lesson, but we are all different in what motivates us. So stick like glue to what motivates you, and find some practical way to make it real in your day. After a while, you'll climb out of the mud and look back and wonder why you let it suck you down so quickly. It happens to all of us, so I feel for ya. You will get past this, and will be able to come back here and teach us something WE can learn from it too.

Edit - Okay, I see there's a little history going on in the Trash Can section. Whatever.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 09-07-2010).]

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Hey PK. You ever need anything, PM me.
You are one of the members here that everyone knows by name. I've never met you and most likely never will, just based on distance. I'm not saying I can help you, but, I have been through a lot in my 35 years. I still feel 18 most days, but I just have more good stories to tell than I did back then.

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus" SOLD!
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Keep your head up, things will get better. We all go through rough times, but with a little time and help we can get through it. If you need someone to talk to, PM me your #.
ImperfectTruth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImperfectTruthSend a Private Message to ImperfectTruthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:
Actually glad to see you growing up and owning up to your severe attitude problem, sorry it was blunt and not sugar coated. Also the thread actually starts here at page 6 https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/000134-6.html#p209 and not page 8 https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...8/HTML/000134-8.html , but nonetheless you do need to talk to a shrink, migraines and trouble sleeping, and your medical condition that your father said you had when I met you, (similar to your brothers) if you do nothing about it, you will never get better and end up off'n yourself and upsetting the ones you care about, you and your father should make a deal, you help him with his heart conditon, while he helps you with psychology issues.
Now, I'm serious about this and again... I am concerned for your well being, step up to the plate and dont make this another hate thread.

This is disgusting. I refuse to associate myself with what you all have going on, but this is downright despicable and you should be ashamed. The Fiero community, this forum, nor society needs human beings such as yourself. Perhaps you should reconsider your own maturity level before you go cutting others down..?
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I think Rick's CL add was more of a feeler than anything. I'm pretty sure he isn't completely ready to part ways with his 87 just yet. But think of it this way, if he does sell it, he'll have a good footing to start his IMSA build with.

After talking to Rick yesterday, he assures me that he will not be gone too long. I also assured him that his dad will pull through okay because he is a tough old bird. I know I have made pokes at PK just like others, but they were purely joking around and not meant to hurt him in any way. He understands that and told me so. I also threatened to knock him into next Tuesday if he leaves the forum for good. He's my friend and I will always do what I can to help him out with anything he needs.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ImperfectTruth:

This is disgusting. I refuse to associate myself with what you all have going on, but this is downright despicable and you should be ashamed. The Fiero community, this forum, nor society needs human beings such as yourself. Perhaps you should reconsider your own maturity level before you go cutting others down..?

And yet here you are, adding to the fire. I am sure that you know these guys personally and know all the history of this issue which makes you the perfect commentator on the subject. I agree with others who have said this should not be on the forum, but people who are hundreds of miles away that only have PFF for a filtered view of this issue should really back off and let these two work out their issues, off the forum hopefully... My or your personal judgment of them is really quite worthless in this situation. It would really be sad if anyone got banned for this crap, it is between the two of them.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 09-08-2010).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

And yet here you are, adding to the fire. I am sure that you know these guys personally and know all the history of this issue which makes you the perfect commentator on the subject. I agree with others who have said this should not be on the forum, but people who are hundreds of miles away that only have PFF for a filtered view of this issue should really back off and let these two work out their issues, off the forum hopefully... My or your personal judgment of them is really quite worthless in this situation. It would really be sad if anyone got banned for this crap, it is between the two of them.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

Hey PK. You ever need anything, PM me.
You are one of the members here that everyone knows by name. I've never met you and most likely never will, just based on distance. I'm not saying I can help you, but, I have been through a lot in my 35 years. I still feel 18 most days, but I just have more good stories to tell than I did back then.

Yeah, what Phil said. Come back and shoot me a PM anytime.. heck, you are only in PA, you cant be that far away from me.
ImperfectTruth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImperfectTruthSend a Private Message to ImperfectTruthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and it's their right to voice them if they so choose. I'm not adding anything to the fire, simply pointing out the fact posts like that crap are not needed. Anyone who thinks they are would be just as useless imho. As far as prodding into their personal issues, I didn't do that. As a matter of fact, I posted that I refuse to be a part of that - because I am hundreds of miles away and I don't know these guys personally.. It's also none of my business.

With that being said, hopefully you and anyone who agrees with you, can see and understand my viewpoint on the situation. As mature adults, and supposedly 'one of the kindest communities of people', I would hope more people would feel like I do. All joking, bickering, personal issues, public/private, phase of the moon, etc aside - the post I quoted crossed the line.

Also, one more thing to add. If the referred to post struck me the way that it did, enough to warrant a post (now two) reflecting my opinion, image how it made PK feel.

[This message has been edited by ImperfectTruth (edited 09-08-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfDirect Link to This Post

Also, one more thing to add. If the referred to post struck me the way that it did, enough to warrant a post (now two) reflecting my opinion, image how it made PK feel.

Great point, well made.
RockyBalboaLives

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I personally think the forum could do without all the drama.

But whatever. Carry on.

Originally posted by AADrcw:

X2. All I'm gonna really say in this matter.

Cody

X Infinity really nothing more to say...

[This message has been edited by RockyBalboaLives (edited 09-08-2010).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Sure, but don't for get that thread wasn't targeted at you... think of the gravity of this statement you directed towards Andrew.

The Fiero community, this forum, nor society needs human beings such as yourself.

Thanks for making that judgment call for all of us, but based on what, a couple of threads in a forum on the Internet? While I did use your post for an example, for which I apologize, I really do have nothing against you personally, how could I, I don't even know you.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Hiya PK - Hope you are still reading this. You can PM me or call me anytime. Anyone involved in Tyler's project whether here or not here is officially part of our family forever. You can't get rid of us That being said, I know how much it SUCKS when you are dealing with health problems in your family obviously. I also know what it feels like to want to tell everyone in your life to take a hike and just hide under your bed. It's OK to do that... just not forever. Every day is a chance to make a new decision to face whatever is going on in your life head on. You will be surprised how much backbone and fortitude you have. I didn't read all the posts so I only have a vague perspective on what happened, but as my grandma always says.. don't let one bad apple spoil the bushel. Life is made for living, good and the bad. It's what makes us who we are

------------------
Nellie - forever Tyler's mommy

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Take one day at a time, make small achievable goals and realize that you are not alone. Remember, realizing you have a problem is more than half the battle. Once you recognize the problem it is possible to implement a solution. It's just like working on these cars; sometimes you know the solution to what is wrong and you, alone, can fix it. And sometimes you have to ask for help. Regardless of my advice, I know you will make it through this and you'll be a better and stronger person for the experience. I'm pulling for you, PK.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Pk , you know how I feel about this, looking forward to seeing you back soon. John
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Yay... they are making up in another thread... I kinda figured they would. Good job guys. Now never do that again!
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

Hiya PK - Hope you are still reading this. You can PM me or call me anytime. Anyone involved in Tyler's project whether here or not here is officially part of our family forever. You can't get rid of us That being said, I know how much it SUCKS when you are dealing with health problems in your family obviously. I also know what it feels like to want to tell everyone in your life to take a hike and just hide under your bed. It's OK to do that... just not forever. Every day is a chance to make a new decision to face whatever is going on in your life head on. You will be surprised how much backbone and fortitude you have. I didn't read all the posts so I only have a vague perspective on what happened, but as my grandma always says.. don't let one bad apple spoil the bushel. Life is made for living, good and the bad. It's what makes us who we are

Perfect - There's a lot of wisdom there! Thanks Nellie for posting that.

Pat

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
It is sad that i can only stay away for a couple days.... I'm back suffering from PFF withdraw.....
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
On an update note my father is doing much better. hes home for a couple weeks before he goes in for his bypass surgery. they expect him to pull through just fine.
PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
hope he does well !!!!~Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

hope he does well !!!!~Tom

He will.... He wont be at littiz this year... speeking of which you gona be there this year?
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

It is sad that i can only stay away for a couple days.... I'm back suffering from PFF withdraw.....

Called it right on the nose too

Sad to say I know Rick all too well
Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfDirect Link to This Post

On an update note my father is doing much better. hes home for a couple weeks before he goes in for his bypass surgery. they expect him to pull through just fine.

Good to hear!
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

He will.... He wont be at littiz this year... speeking of which you gona be there this year?

i should be money is tight and my wife was due on the 5th for my little boy (has not come yet) so we will see i do plan on comin weather i bring my car or not

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay