Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Has anyone raised their fiero after previously lowering it to fit bigger wheels.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Has anyone raised their fiero after previously lowering it to fit bigger wheels. by Australian
Started on: 08-29-2010 12:49 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Carcenomy on 09-01-2010 02:12 AM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone raised their fiero after previously lowering it to fit bigger wheels. I had stock GT wheels and was lowered 1.7 inches with epoch springs and kyb shocks but now i have 19's and i am not gonna fit with the ride height i have on the front or rear. So i am gonna need a stock sized set of springs again which i don't have. I will probably buy new as no point putting on 20 yr old springs even if i could get a set. Seems my problem is at the rear front might be ok with some 30 or 35's have 245/19/40s on front but rear will need to be raised.

I was wondering if others have had same problem and have had to go higher.

I should have posted this in technical rather than general but it might get moved.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 08-29-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
I'm on 235/35R19s on all four, the rear is perfect but the front could possibly do with being a teeny bit higher - but it doesn't scrape on anything and I haven't had any clearance issues that are suspension related, just some minor rub on the wheel well tub at extreme lock. Not enough for me to worry about yet.

Ed: Forgot to mention the suspension setup - Eibach 1.5" drop springs and Koni shocks/struts... sits just about right.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Carcenomy (edited 08-29-2010).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

I'm on 235/35R19s on all four, the rear is perfect but the front could possibly do with being a teeny bit higher - but it doesn't scrape on anything and I haven't had any clearance issues that are suspension related, just some minor rub on the wheel well tub at extreme lock. Not enough for me to worry about yet.

Ed: Forgot to mention the suspension setup - Eibach 1.5" drop springs and Koni shocks/struts... sits just about right.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html ok doing the figures i have on my front 245/40/19 and they are too big i have same suspension. I have an 8.5 wheel on front i am going to use 225/35/19 on front but if i stretch a 215 i should be very close to stock.
The rear is too low i have a 275/35/19 on rear and needs to be 275/30/19 if this doesn't work i am gonna need to go stock height on my rear. Because of my front flare being too far back the 245s will likely rub if i fill out the whole arch. I am considering on buying a new set of front wheels in 18's depending on my fitting attempt.

Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Try this tyre calculator. It gives a better visual representation of what's going on than what the Miata.net one gives - including offsets etc. Should help you some. There's also a chart somewhere of what fits under the bodywork and clears the suspension, I've got it saved on my computer but it's definitely on the forum... just don't ask me to find it! It probably doesn't really accurately portray what's gonna fit your car since you've flared the guards.

In all honesty, going 18 on the front wouldn't be a silly idea. It'll give you a bit more flexibility in what sidewall profiles you can run. And given your hefty rear, you probably will have to go licorice strap thin, or go coilover I guess.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock