Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Any Fiero owners around the NH area and want to assist in a minor rebuild?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Any Fiero owners around the NH area and want to assist in a minor rebuild? by Racing_Master
Started on: 08-27-2010 11:15 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Racing_Master on 08-28-2010 12:09 AM
Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterDirect Link to This Post
Hey!

I am getting my fiero back on the road (slowly) and got the engine purring like brand new, with 150psi compression each cylinder, new camshaft, distributor, cap, rotor, wires, pushrods, everything... she is running like a champ!

now I need to fix:
Transmission (going for a TH440 swap)
Body Paint
Brakes
Wing Risers
Tail Light
Interior
Seats
Sunroof
Power Windows (they go slow)
Lock Actuators (ugh they dont work right!)
Tires
Brake Lines
Spot Rust Repair
Frame Dings
Coolant Tube Brackets
a lot....

Now this is a lot to do on my own... Is there ANYONE out there who wants to help a fellow Fiero owner in doing this? Anywhere in the Maine, NH, Vermont, Massachusetts area? I have only seen a VERY select few fieros around here, its rare for me to spot one (my ugly junkyardlooking fiero catches lots of eyes, probably people going UGH ITS SO BROKEN!)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Uggg... Would normaly love to help another Fiero owner in my area. But new baby is taking up most of my free time. Not to mention I am right in the middle of my busy season at work...

About the lock actuators; Just clean the tracks and re-lube w/ fresh grease. Also, while you have the door panel off, douche the hell out of the lock mechinism <sp? from the inside; lock and unlock as you do... when I replaced my dew-wipes, I did this and now they work like new. Before, I would have to hit the button 5 times to get them to lock/unlock...
Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Uggg... Would normaly love to help another Fiero owner in my area. But new baby is taking up most of my free time. Not to mention I am right in the middle of my busy season at work...

About the lock actuators; Just clean the tracks and re-lube w/ fresh grease. Also, while you have the door panel off, douche the hell out of the lock mechinism <sp? from the inside; lock and unlock as you do... when I replaced my dew-wipes, I did this and now they work like new. Before, I would have to hit the button 5 times to get them to lock/unlock...

its all right man, family first! and thanks for the info about the lock actuators! I will be sure to do that! For now I need to get the thing drivable, which means, find and repair the transmission leak (Governor housing cap I think) and find out why its overheating the trannie fluid.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock