Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  anyone got the cut and slotted rotars that replace the stock from summit??

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

anyone got the cut and slotted rotars that replace the stock from summit?? by 2m4dude
Started on: 08-18-2010 08:57 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: jscott1 on 08-19-2010 05:49 PM
2m4dude

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2m4dudeSend a Private Message to 2m4dudeDirect Link to This Post
i just got these sick slotted rotars from summit racing a bit pricy but me likey.. lol as soon as i remember how to get pics on here ill let you all check em out, and when my new rear caliper gets here (old and seazed up) ill let you guys know if they where worth the price.

------------------
MY COUPE!!!!!(THE BEAST)(666th MADE)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2m4dude:

i just got these sick slotted rotars from summit racing a bit pricy but me likey.. lol as soon as i remember how to get pics on here ill let you all check em out, and when my new rear caliper gets here (old and seazed up) ill let you guys know if they where worth the price.

I think drilled and slotted are a little overkill for the fiero.. unless your putting down the power that you need thoes kind of rotor's your not going to see much of a diffrence in the stopping power.... now on the other hand if you have wheels on the car that show off enough of the rotor it will give the car a pretty nice look but other than that your not going to noticemuch of a diffrence if any.

BTW where the hell have you been i havent seen you on the forum for a while.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-18-2010).]

2m4dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2m4dudeSend a Private Message to 2m4dudeDirect Link to This Post
o beleave me if u seen what came off them to that its gonna be huge for me, i could swear those were the original roters from 85,ive never seen grooves like that before,plus i had to get new rear calipers cause mine where junk,plus the rim factor too when i get there,ill post pictures of both sets of roters so u can see wat i was working with
2m4dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2m4dudeSend a Private Message to 2m4dudeDirect Link to This Post

2m4dude

478 posts
Member since Feb 2010
o ya dude wait till u see what happend to my k5 blazer ive been working on,thats where i been, damn thing burnd to the ground on me after i put so much time,money and work into it ill put pics of that on here to, it completly burnd dude i had a 6 in, lift with brand new 33s on it and brand new chrome rims to go along with it plus all the fabricating a support work we had to do on it,it just caught fire on me at 65 down the high way i pull over and try to put it out but there was nothing i could do, i knew i shoulda put more water jugs in the truck lol

[This message has been edited by 2m4dude (edited 08-18-2010).]

zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
I hated my drilled and slotted. I went back to the smooth rotors and am much happier. But, they did look cool.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

o beleave me if u seen what came off them to that its gonna be huge for me, i could swear those were the original roters from 85,ive never seen grooves like that before,plus i had to get new rear calipers cause mine where junk,plus the rim factor too when i get there,ill post pictures of both sets of roters so u can see wat i was working with

Lol if i can find it i'll show you a pic of what happend to my rotor on my 87GT. I might have to replace the ones on my new IMSA because there a bit old.

And that sucks about the blazer... had that happen in my old honda because of the sound system (long story) i was able to put it out though.
2m4dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2m4dudeSend a Private Message to 2m4dudeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

I hated my drilled and slotted. I went back to the smooth rotors and am much happier. But, they did look cool.

whys that?
2m4dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2m4dudeSend a Private Message to 2m4dudeDirect Link to This Post

2m4dude

478 posts
Member since Feb 2010
o ya dude i was devastated i got all my tools and crap out after i couldnt put it out.sat down on my tool box,lit a cig and watched it burn,felt like crying lol then i started thinking i still got my fiero lol,

i like that new one u got,gives me and idea of what mine would look like with that bumper style,it looks too be in pretty good shape, i still got alot of work to put into mine tho but she'll get there
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

o ya dude i was devastated i got all my tools and crap out after i couldnt put it out.sat down on my tool box,lit a cig and watched it burn,felt like crying lol then i started thinking i still got my fiero lol,

i like that new one u got,gives me and idea of what mine would look like with that bumper style,it looks too be in pretty good shape, i still got alot of work to put into mine tho but she'll get there

Lol my newist one is just somthing im going to play around with.. this ones my new pride and joy

But what sparked the fire?

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-18-2010).]

2m4dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2m4dudeSend a Private Message to 2m4dudeDirect Link to This Post
oooo man is she sexy... makes me not wanna look at mine lol what do you got done to that thing i see them 12 inchers on the back lol

[This message has been edited by 2m4dude (edited 08-18-2010).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

oooo man is she sexy... makes me not wanna look at mine lol what do you got done to that thing i see them 12 inchers on the back lol

Lol actuley its engineless right now. Im in the process of putting a caddy 4.9 in it. its a 1984 IMSA fiero.

PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I had the slotted/drilled rotors on the Short Bus. They look cool, and stop great, but they made a weird sound when lightly braking, like something was dragging. I think it was because of the holes?

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus" SOLD!
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I have them. I was going to do some SCCA PDX but I b acked out because I didnt think I'd pass the tech inspection, So I haven't driven them that hard yet, actually they are still under the 240 mile break in period which I thought was wierd. They do look good though. though maybe a little small for 17s.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

I had the slotted/drilled rotors on the Short Bus. They look cool, and stop great, but they made a weird sound when lightly braking, like something was dragging. I think it was because of the holes?

Yeah I had these on the front of my Indy and the noise was deafening...much to my chagrin I replaced them with stock solid rotors. I had hoped they would quiet down, but they never did.
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
Like others, the noise when braking was annoying. It was from the pads sliding along the slots. They also wore out after a year for some reason so they were replaced with regular rotors.

[This message has been edited by zigaroo (edited 08-19-2010).]

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I have heard a little noise but nothing I'd say was annoying. Maybe the type of pads affects the noise level?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
They look cooler on a show car. They really only work on a serious race car. They can actually decrease performance on a street car and last less than OEM. Ive seen many or street cars at shows split/cracked at holes/grooves.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

I have heard a little noise but nothing I'd say was annoying. Maybe the type of pads affects the noise level?

I'm guessing, because I have them on my GT and can't hear a thing. But on my Indy I was scaring the pedestrians.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock