autocrossing fiero by tehmaxfactr
Started on: 08-17-2010 09:48 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: squisher86SE on 08-18-2010 10:53 AM
tehmaxfactr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tehmaxfactrSend a Private Message to tehmaxfactrDirect Link to This Post
pretty good picture of my 87 fiero gt. I am running stock class my first autocross, thought you guys would appreciate a good picture of a good car.

http://www.flickr.com/photo...t-72157624609301747/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
Nice man, I love seein these cars being used for racing. How does the stock 2.8 work for it tho? I want to race 3.4 dohc one someday (when I get another one) personally. Though I couldn't be stock class in that case so it would make it way harder
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
Thats a great pic. Thanks for sharing! Keep up the fun.
tehmaxfactr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tehmaxfactrSend a Private Message to tehmaxfactrDirect Link to This Post
well it was my first event but it was really fun i defiantly need some new tires. I am going to try again next month with some fresh rubber.....we will see how that goes!!!
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
Keep us updated
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Are you allowed aftermarket wheels while running in the "stock" class?

Some soft rubber and a few suspension updates (fresh everything, poly, thicker sway bars) could have you running quite well
squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
As long as the wheels are within a certain % of stock size you're golden
And R compound tires (think DOT racing tires) are allowed in SCCA's stock classes anyway

About the only thing you can do suspension-wise is fresh dampers. Poly bushings put you into a touring class at least (more freedom though, touring lets you do pretty much anything suspension wise).

My Fiero (when I can get out with it) runs in C Street Prepared because of the loss of the cat and the addition of the Truleo combo
Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisDirect Link to This Post
Nice Pic

In the stock class you have to run the same diameter & width rims as factory and the offset has to be ±¼ inch. You can run whatever size DOT tire that can be squeezed on the rim. You can replace the shocks/struts but you have to use the factory springs. The front sway bar is free. Brake pads are free. Spark plugs & wires are free. And, you can change out the exhaust from the cat. back. The main guiding rule to remember when talking about the SCCA autocross rules is, “if the book does NOT say you can do something, then you cannot.”

The rule book can be downloaded here for free: http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61

Read Texas Toasted part one & two for tire info: http://grassrootsmotorsport...tegory/wheels-tires/

Just remember spending money on the car does not make you faster.

------------------
My Car Site www.flexyourrights.com
Just say NO!! to Automatic Transmissions!!
DRAG RACING - So easy a Caveman can do it!

squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
What primaris said

Somebody's looked at the rulebook more recently than me

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock