Started on: 08-10-2010 10:18 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: carnut122 on 08-13-2010 10:00 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 321
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
I received a set of Chris Cooks GT quarter windows today and installed them. The graphics are excellent, the contour acceptable ( he may have added a bit) and the fit was good. From a few feet away they look very good and are the best repros that we currently have available. I will try to get some pics up tommorrw but at $200/set 2 they are priced fairly.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I received a set of Chris Cooks GT quarter windows today and installed them. The graphics are excellent, the contour acceptable ( he may have added a bit) and the fit was good. From a few feet away they look very good and are the best repros that we currently have available. I will try to get some pics up tommorrw but at $200/set 2 they are priced fairly.

Are these the ones off of Ebay? I have heard good things about them.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
We put Chris' quarter windows on Tyler's car. They looked great, had some wave to them when we initially pressed them into place, but the thought was that some heat would smooth em out.. After seeing the car again at the show, they have smoothed out, and look great.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

We put Chris' quarter windows on Tyler's car. They looked great, had some wave to them when we initially pressed them into place, but the thought was that some heat would smooth em out.. After seeing the car again at the show, they have smoothed out, and look great.

I remember them. They did turn out nice. I'm not real into the actual window's on the fastback but there not bad.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
After we put them on Tyler's car, I bought a set of his as well. They are a very close match to the originals that were on my car that were all cracked. I test fit one of them in place (I'm not mounting them till I get the car painted) and it looked great! They have a slight curve from top to bottom, and front to back. Not as much as the originals, but they are FAR from being flat like many of the others people talk about.

The dot matrix pattern is flawless, and the only other small note is that the GT logo was about an inch back compared to the placement on the originals.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-10-2010).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaClick Here to Email mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Its nice to hear that there is some nice GT sail windows available, but gosh, you fastback owners are picky.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Its nice to hear that there is some nice GT sail windows available, but gosh, you fastback owners are picky.

Its because fastbacks are god amoung notchies ....
I dont have much room to talk because I do like my wide body notchie look over my fastback.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaClick Here to Email mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Its because fastbacks are god amoung notchies ....
I dont have much room to talk because I do like my wide body notchie look over my fastback.

I should make my gold SE a widebody.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziClick Here to Email 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Thats because fast backs rule the fiero world (hell has fire too). Those windows are nice. (tylers car)
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I should make my gold SE a widebody.

It wont be a DGP.... And you stay away from my pannels
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFClick Here to Email Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

It wont be a DGP.... And you stay away from my pannels

Blah, blah, blah. Yes everyone knows you have an IMSA.
PFF
System Bot
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wClick Here to Email Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
What name does he sell under?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 321
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terry_w:

What name does he sell under?

Modernman on eBay

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

NC&StL

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NC&StLSend a Private Message to NC&StLDirect Link to This Post
I just installed a pair of these last week and was generally pleased. His shipping is fast and service is great. I ordered mine with polished edges that turned out really nice. The curvature was not exactly the same as the originals, but certainly close enough, and they look fine once installed. I did notice that the replacements measured almost 1/4" less in the vertical dimension than the original I compared it to, so I ended up with a slightly larger gap around the window. Also, the dot matrix was printed such that it does not completely cover the vertical edge of the plastic inner window piece behind it, at least on my car. However, these are a major improvement over the cracked originals.
fierobill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobillClick Here to Email fierobillSend a Private Message to fierobillDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know if these are the same ones sold by the Fierostore? Priced about the same but they have a tint option.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageClick Here to Email JimmySSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobill:

Anyone know if these are the same ones sold by the Fierostore? Priced about the same but they have a tint option.

I just got off the phone with Justin at The Fiero Store. It turns out that the GT Windows they are selling are Chris Cooks windows. They are just re-selling them.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Click Here to Email fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Yep. Chris cook is a friend of mine and he is the one selling them to the fierostore.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NC&StL:
...I did notice that the replacements measured almost 1/4" less in the vertical dimension than the original I compared it to, so I ended up with a slightly larger gap around the window. Also, the dot matrix was printed such that it does not completely cover the vertical edge of the plastic inner window piece behind it, at least on my car...

This concerns me. I wouldn't be happy with a larger gap (even if it takes 'looking for it' to know it's there) or with the dot matrix failing to cover up the parts behind it.
Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think they're 'shorter' because of the polished edges?

From everything I've heard these are the best, and I'm soon going to need some. I'd just like some clarification on the above if anyone can help me out (thanks!).

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 08-13-2010).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Pictures???

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock