Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  CarSponsors.com Just Called Me, What Do i Do?......

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

CarSponsors.com Just Called Me, What Do i Do?...... by Fiero Reagan
Started on: 08-10-2010 04:34 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: 17Car on 08-13-2010 08:38 PM
Fiero Reagan

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ReaganClick Here to visit Fiero Reagan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero ReaganDirect Link to This Post
Ok, So about 3 weeks ago i applied on carsponsors.com and i finished the application and then noticed the $99 fee....well after
seeing that, i clicked the little red X at the top of my screen. Well today a weird number was calling my phone, and i called it
back and it was carsponsors.com. She had called to let me know that i was approved and than if i wanted to go ahead and
pay the 99 dollars then i could start today. Well about ten minutes after i got off the phone, i got this email...

Some people say its a fake blah blah blah...

I want your opinions? And don't worry, i havn't paid them anything.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ripoffreport.com...-company-w-9wb96.htm

Category: Auto Advertising Services

Submitted: Friday, January 09, 2009
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009
Hey I figued i should let everybody in on a little secret, i ended up working for this stupid f*king company for 3months before me and about 7 other people got layed off, well now i will hopefuly put this place out of buisness by letting all you jabronies in on the scam, first the top of the command is Ragen St. Peter, this dip sh*t thinks he is f*king cool or something he needs a reality check this is a HUGE SCAM,once you see the credit card number on the website and your like you know what let me cancel this bs, well when you do that the information that you put in all gets recorded and it goes to an autodialer and thats why we begin to constantly harass you to join up, it doesnt matter if you have a 2008 bmw or a 1970 toyota camry they will try to get you signed up, once you pay the 99$ and you go on the website to check all your free parts you start to realize hey nothing here fits my car, by the time you call back and ask for you money back the most you'll get back is 75, then they will tell you ya you can get a bodykit for going to 5 shows, yea riite first off the first show you go to is like a reasearch you dont even get a part for going to that show after you do your research then you can begin to get a crappy part or decal, then you have to go to like 3 more shows before you can even start promoting for the bodykit so basically you have to make it out to like 10 car shows for the bodykit minimum, now the scam is this that no normal state will actually have these many shows in a year i barely hear of 2 car shows a year in any state, basically i'm just letting you all know that if you sign up for the 99 dollar fee your a f'n moron. Here is the rundown of the convo you will be hearing lets pretend you have a 95 toyota supra and your name is bob, Hey bob this is martin with carsponsors.com (me)I'm calling because i wanted to see if we could help you out and try to get your application approved. (you)okay cool man what do i gotta do (me) I just have to ask you a few questions, first have you done anything to your vehicle? (you) no? (me) oh thats okay our sponsors love to work with stock cars, it gives them a lot to work with, now do you like going to car shows and events? (you) yea i do (me) perfect thats how were going to get you set up with those "FREE" parts, all we ask you to do is go out to local car shows and events pass out some flyers and do a little promoting,the more promoting you do the more free parts you'll get (you) cool (me) so what kind of modifications would you like to do if your car got fully sponsored (you) i want rims, a bodykit, and some performance parts (me) cool man we can def help you out now if you are sponsored your going to be sponsored by over 30 companys anywhere from performance parts from jdm, aem, fadanza, all the way up to vertical doors!! (you) awesome man (me) yea now i have to get you over to my approval agent he will be deciding if you are approved or not if you are approved there is a one time fee of 99 dollars which will lock you in to all the 'sponsors', now im going to write you an excellent recomindation bc your car has a lot of potential (BS thats what we say to EVERYBODY).... now this is the time where you get transfered over to the approval agent "ERIC" or maybe "LUIS" or another douchebag that they hired. Now when you speak to the approval agent the only thing stopping you from getting accepted is the MONEY if you have no credit card or debit card or something thats when they say okay buddy i'm not 'allowed' to hold your application so see if somebody can help you out and if you can use there card or something give me a call back when you get that and ask for the approval agent. to make a long story short dont waste your f*king time or money there is no point in giving these fake ass b*tches a penny of your hard worked money. PS the person that calls you gets 5 dollars for everyone he signs up and the "Approval Agent" gets like 10 dollars so NO WONDER THEY HARRASS THE SH*T OF YOU THEY ARE GETTING COMMISION OUT OF IT!!! Also sorry to anybody i signed up ;x i was just doing my job.

Martin b
Fort Myers, Florida
U.S.A.
faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
im sure most people here will say dont do it, its a scam, blahblahblah, but, i looked into it a couple years ago and it seemed pretty legit. easiest thing to do is call up one of the sponsors and see if they do business with carsponsors.com. if they are indeed really legit, i would sign up as well lol

or not lol. that seems fishy tho. doubt its an ex employee, prolly just someone who got scammed or is just angry because it wasnt perfect. let me find some WOT reviews and see what they say as well

hm. nothing on WOT at all. if it is indeed a scam, i cant imagine its a very good one if there arent any complaints on WOT

[This message has been edited by faaaaq (edited 08-10-2010).]

Fiero Reagan

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2010 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ReaganClick Here to visit Fiero Reagan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero ReaganDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, i read all of that earlier when i looked on the internet of it was a scam or not.
And yeah, i know.....dont think im going to do it.
W Scott

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for W ScottSend a Private Message to W ScottDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a scam. So for fun I googled "Car Sponsers Scam?". Looks like a lot of people think its a scam too. Maybe it runs in some legal grey zone, maybe not.

I definately would not sign up.

[This message has been edited by W Scott (edited 08-10-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Stay away from them.. there nothing but a huge joke. plus they wont have any parts that can be used on a fiero.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
The Ripoff report reads more like a disgruntled employee. I like how he says most states have less than 2 car shows per year. I know folks that go once a week starting from April thru October. I usually attend at least 4-5 at a minumum. (4 this year and at least two more are planned.) I know here in Illinois there are 15-20 shows per month. So you have a lot of different shows you could attend. Not to mention numerous cruise nights and race days at various tracks.

As for if carsponsers.com is a ripoff, I would certainly verify their vendors. I looked over their vendors on their website and there are a couple of generic vendors, But nothing I personally would be interested in. Maybe if you owned an Import it might be a decent deal.
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Hey I figued i should let everybody in on a little secret, i ended up working for this stupid f*king company for 3months before me and about 7 other people got layed off, well now i will hopefuly put this place out of buisness by letting all you jabronies in on the scam, ....

What's a jobronie?

Let me see....he's exposing the scam AFTER being laid off? How's that for credibility?

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Of course it is a scam what industry in the world charges a fee if they are the sponsor.

skateboarding: Hey kid your great want your own name on a deck has your dad got a credit card.
Eg F1 Schumacher we saw you race very fast got a credit card so we can get you a car.
Beckham you can play soccer for us only if you register before 12pm today.
Even American idol is less of an exploit as they don't charge to audition.

sponsor means they pay you.

May as well start my own version of Avon selling Car products since everyone is gullible.
Send me $200 i will send you 2 x cheap emergency tool kits and a car care product sample kit to take to car shows
one for you too keep worth like $100 to me but i will say RRP of $500 so your already ahead.
Thats right you send me $200 i send you $100 worth of over priced rubbish $500 RRP.
Then you can polish peoples cars for free or they pay you to go away. Be your own boss.
I will supply re branded bottom of the line cheapest watered down chemicals and bottled with your brand.
If everyone thinks the products suck they can blame you. Become your own sponsor recruit and manage your own teams as well as your customers. Join now and win a chance to drive a Lamborghini. Become a franchise owner today.
GCC gullible car club join now. Join today and get a free online store we make a website with huge discounts for members but instead of joining you have the option of buying your own mirror at same price giving you your own online store that you keep 50% profits* even with your own dot com**. You only need to sell 2 memberships to break even and you have your own website for life***
You get full access to your site so for the price of membership you can be a reseller.
*life of website * dot com extra Registered to the GCC. 50% of our profit maybe based on half of 5%

Kidding BTW if you can't tell but there are plenty of these types of business out there just out to take your money.

If people were selected to give credit card details for their next job they would be asking questions.
A sponsorship is a job. So disguise it as a franchise, a club membership or for stock and sell on greed.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Of course it is a scam what industry in the world charges a fee if they are the sponsor.

My thoughts exactly. If they're asking you to pay a fee, they're not a legit sponsor.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

My thoughts exactly. If they're asking you to pay a fee, they're not a legit sponsor.

They aren't a sponsor. They are a 'headhunting service' that you're paying to pimp your car to the companies that do give the sponsorships. They will 'approve' pretty much anything that comes in though, because there are some lower quality companies that give 'sponsorships' in the form of a discount for some stuff. Like some off brand auto paint company where you get 15% off each quart of paint or something. These lower end companies have a deal with the carsponsors.com people, to balance out some of the discount. The higher end companies though, probably aren't as interested in sponsoring most things, so I doubt anyone has gotten anything really worthwhile through any of these sites.

I signed up for one several years ago, when it was free. The parts and discounts sucked. It's not worth it. If someone does get some good stuff though, I would be quite interested in hearing about it.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Not necessarily. It depends on the sponsor. Some are partial reimbursements. Some are free parts. Some pay you for doing certain things. Some give you discounts.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Not necessarily. It depends on the sponsor. Some are partial reimbursements. Some are free parts. Some pay you for doing certain things. Some give you discounts.

Originally posted by Australian:A sponsorship is a job. So disguise it as a franchise, a club membership or for stock and sell on greed.

Sounds like one of those disguised job descriptions if you accept that as a sponsor and call yourself sponsored i will think your gullible and you think your on a good deal. Lets say a brake company wanted to sponsor you does that mean you need to come up with new money for brakes cause your sponsored and they offer you a discount. What will you think if they offered the same discount to make a sale to someone viewing your car. Seems like a another way to make a sale if this suits you fine but don't be thinking your sponsored more a customer with a relationship.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey: They aren't a sponsor. They are a 'headhunting service' that you're paying to pimp your car to the companies that do give the sponsorships.

Ah, I see. In that case, I would tend to think it's wasted money. You're basically paying someone to let you advertise their stuff. The discounts and freebies that you get in return may or may not equal what you paid in. Since some of that money you paid in is helping to keep a 3rd-party company in business, I'm going to assume not.

You'd probably be better off dealing with the sponsor directly, assuming they have a product that you actually want to help advertise.

That brings up another question. What if none of the sponsors have any worthwhile products? Are you SOL? Do you get to check them out before paying your dues? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want someone to just hand me a random product and say "go advertise this"... especially if I paid for the "privilege".

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 08-13-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like one of those disguised job descriptions if you accept that as a sponsor and call yourself sponsored i will think your gullible and you think your on a good deal. Lets say a brake company wanted to sponsor you does that mean you need to come up with new money for brakes cause your sponsored and they offer you a discount. What will you think if they offered the same discount to make a sale to someone viewing your car. Seems like a another way to make a sale if this suits you fine but don't be thinking your sponsored more a customer with a relationship.

If anyone thinks they're going to get a really full-on sponsorship through some candied up web site, they're very confused. There are lots of different levels of sponsorship, and they depend on your performance, etc…

The big companies that anyone really cares about getting sponsorship from are really only going to give you a full-on sponsorship if you've got a history of winning. Whether that's on the show car circuit, or in a race, they're not going to give you anything if you don't have a good record. Some of them don't even do that much any more. They just commission the building of their own custom vehicles for shows, and installers/builders make bids for who gets to do the work. More like a reverse sponsorship. Your shop gets more attention because you got to build a car for Alpine or Blaukpaunt or something. But again, if you're a brand new shop with no real record or history, it's not very likely you're going to get to build up one of those either.
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
I've used another site for grabbing sponsors. Has worked out well for me, 90% of them will mail you some decals and a promo code to use and get a discount. I've got a few hats, shirts and misc stuff but nothing great. However I've got to try out some new energy drinks and got AMSOIL at an "affordable rate" for the last two years.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:
That brings up another question. What if none of the sponsors have any worthwhile products? Are you SOL? Do you get to check them out before paying your dues? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want someone to just hand me a random product and say "go advertise this"... especially if I paid for the "privilege".

You're by definition not 'SOL' based on the terms you agreed to. There are a lot of the 'sponsors' that just offer universal crap, which will fit on any car. So it's basically your choice to not install the crap on your car. Are you SOL? No. Is it a crappy deal? Yes.

With carsponsors.com, you'll probably never actually get a random product from someone to go advertise. You basically get a back-doorish web interface, and a bunch of discounts/parts/whatever is listed. If you want to paint your car '**** Star Pink' then you go to the paint sponsor's shop, that has a special discount code built-in for carsponsors.com people, and you go order a few quarts of paint. They ship you some paint and probably some stickers, and you're set.

It is by no means a 'sponsorship' in the same sense that most people often think of when they hear it. It's more like a buddy program. They help you out by getting you a bit of a discount for some junk to throw on your car, and you help them out by putting your car in shows and 'getting the word out' about the paint you used, or the stickers, or whatever. The 'sponsors' here are more smaller companies trying to get their name out in the crappy aftermarket junk world, than anything else, afaict.

And everyone advertises crap they paid for, every day, anyway. You go see some movie, and you tell people about it. You go to a restaurant, and you tell people about it. You saw something you were waiting to buy anyway, and it was on sale, and you tell people about it. Your clothes tell other people about them. Why do you think Nike puts a swoosh all over everything? If you're wearing them, you're advertising them.
madmods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madmodsSend a Private Message to madmodsDirect Link to This Post
When the solstice first came out, I got a number of parts from them including a full air bag system and a carbon fiber drive shaft. Very cool and all free. They alos got me and the car on the st of the fast & furious 4.

But, do not waste your money, the fiero is not made anymore and there will be no parts available. Your basically giving them 100 bucks.
17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
Carbon fiber driveshaft?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock