Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Just looked at the Original Paperwork. I bought my Fiero 25 years ago today

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Just looked at the Original Paperwork. I bought my Fiero 25 years ago today by hyperv6
Started on: 08-07-2010 08:09 AM
Replies: 23
Last post by: hyperv6 on 08-10-2010 06:56 AM
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I knew it was this week but forgot what day.

After checking the original papers from the dealer I learned II picked up my 2M6 SE this dasy 25 years ago.

I never imagined owning it long enough to get Historic plates.

I will be having a Party for it at Summit Raceway Park on Sunday. All Pontiacs are invited. LOL!

[Note it is the Pontiac Nationals this weekend there]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
That's pretty cool. I was 5.
I was born in Akron, Lived there til I was about 6-7.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com 87 Gt-5spd-62k miles.

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
Congrats. I'm not too far behind, I bought mine 21 years ago on 8/12

Rich
mickeyswing52

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mickeyswing52Send a Private Message to mickeyswing52Direct Link to This Post
So after 25 years what looks better you or the car. Congrats
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
To be honest the car does.

But it has been enhanced a few times.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 08-08-2010).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Where's some then and now pics?

------------------

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

To be honest the car.

But it has been enhanced a few times.

Have ya ever sat down and totaled up what you have in it over those 25 years?
It gets scary sometimes huh?

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Have ya ever sat down and totaled up what you have in it over those 25 years?
It gets scary sometimes huh?

To be honest other than the original price I paid new the rest came pretty cheap.

Fixing up a Fiero and not having to restore it saves a lot of money and buying the parts new and not getting them off Ebay after they have been discontined saved a lot of moeny too.

Add to that a free set of BFG Comp TA's from the TA manager being at the right place at the right time on many of the other parts helps.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003
Here was a stop on the way back from the Pontiac Nationals today. These guys just pulled two Navy Cougar fighters out of the Ohio woods.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Favourite Fiero on the forum, can I display it on my site?

------------------

For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

Wow, agreed. Beautiful car. I don't know how I've never seen that on here before! What are the wheels from? They're a perfect blend of stockish styling with an aftermarket flare.

PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Great looking car! Definite pride of ownership there. The wheels look like late 80's, early 90's, Bonneville SSE wheels except for the rivets on the rim. What does it say on the side of the scoop. Pics please! Will the SS HHR take the Fiero? They are pretty quick. The wheels on it would look good on the Fiero too.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrismclubm:

Favourite Fiero on the forum, can I display it on my site?

Sure! I would be honored.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Great looking car! Definite pride of ownership there. The wheels look like late 80's, early 90's, Bonneville SSE wheels except for the rivets on the rim. What does it say on the side of the scoop. Pics please! Will the SS HHR take the Fiero? They are pretty quick. The wheels on it would look good on the Fiero too.

I am sorry to say here the SS will kill the Fiero in acceration, braking and handling. It has a Ecotec Turbo with the GM upgrade. It is sitting at 290 HP and 315 Ft-Lb. 13.7 in the 1/4. It also has one of the best sorted suspensions GM has done. It is easy to drive stupid fast on back roads.

The Fiero is better than stock with the Herb Adams suspension on it but you have to keep on top of it. You can make a mistake easy on anything of other than a smooth road. The front and read just like to dance at different speeds.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Wheels are made by Prime and are from the early 90's. They are $200 knock offs of $800 BBS wheels. I made my own centers for them out of 1978 Bonneville hub cap centers. I had to cut them down and sand them thing. They were red with a star burst pattern and once I got all of that only leaving the Pontiac emblem I hand painted the in. I have $15 in the center caps.

I would love to lower the car but I can not get it in my driveway now and had to dig the end out a little. The front air dam just is too low and out front on approach angles.

On the Scoop the emblems are Royal Bobcat emblems form a 1960's Royal Pontiac perfoprmance conversion. Royal Pontiac if you do not know made a line of various high performance Pontiacs and race Pontiacs for sale with insider Pontiac help. They were one of a couple dealers that were insiders on racing for Pontiac. I got the emblems from Jim Wangers who is one of the key players with creating the Pontiac GTO and also raced for Royal Pontiac back in the day winning the 1960 US Nationals in a 1960 Catalina.

I stuck them on to kind of do a what if Royal had done a Fiero. Many of the old timers at the Pontiavc Nationals loved them. I was worried I would get some back lash. But I got a lot of check that out. I think they liked I had a newer Pontiac but see i still appreciated the old.

Note too the nose emblem is from a 1990 Coupe. I have a few of these and got them authenticated by GM and the GM supplier. This one was made for the 1990 Coupe. High Performance Pontiac did a story on these a couple years ago.

I took my Fiero luggage to the Pontiac Nationals and gave the info on them to several magazines to see if they would public the info on the luggage. There is so little out there on them. Many people who have them do not own a Fiero and so not know what they have. They were given to mostly dealer salesman.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 08-09-2010).]

cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

I <3 your car. I would really love to see pictures of it from the back. I am also curious, I've always liked the ground effects your car has, and have wondered what those would look like with a fastback...

Out side of that I think we just need more pictures of the car.

------------------
The List;
-98 Jetta TDI (55+ MPG) DD -95 BMW 325i 5 spd Wife's
-82 Chevette Diesel 50+ MPG spare -87 Fiero 3800 S1 S/C 5spd project for sale
-88 Fiero Formula 5 spd for sale -85 Fiero SE (7730 ecm, 3500)
-87 GT (7730 ecm, hybrid 2800, izusu 5spd swap soon)
-85 S10 diesel 5spd (engine donor) -84 S10 (receiver)
-91 Mercedes 190E (diesel 5spd swap) -84 Mercedes 190D (donor)

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

[

1987 crash

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 08-09-2010).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by cooguyfish:

I <3 your car. I would really love to see pictures of it from the back. I am also curious, I've always liked the ground effects your car has, and have wondered what those would look like with a fastback...

Out side of that I think we just need more pictures of the car.

I don't know what the FX would look like as I have only seen one other car with them and it was a coupe.

I need to take some photo's, Most of what I have are just old quick shots in the driveway or ones people have sent me they took some where. I just never seem to get around to getting any good shots of it.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
On the Scoop the emblems are Royal Bobcat emblems form a 1960's Royal Pontiac perfoprmance conversion. Royal Pontiac if you do not know made a line of various high performance Pontiacs and race Pontiacs for sale with insider Pontiac help. They were one of a couple dealers that were insiders on racing for Pontiac. I got the emblems from Jim Wangers who is one of the key players with creating the Pontiac GTO and also raced for Royal Pontiac back in the day winning the 1960 US Nationals in a 1960 Catalina.

I am very familiar with Bobcat Emblems. I have a 69 GTO Convertible I am building up to Bobcat trim. I have installed a 428 HO with factory "Ram Air" system, "Switch Pitch" Turbo 400 and 3.90 "Safety Trac" differential.

Is is sad that both the Cobalt and HHR are out of production. The SS models were fantastic vehicles that outperformed all their competition at lower cost. Since they are both built on the same platform, the HHR shared the Cobalts fate. I hope the new Cruz is a hit. It won't be because of the performance with only a 1.4 turbo engine.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

I am very familiar with Bobcat Emblems. I have a 69 GTO Convertible I am building up to Bobcat trim. I have installed a 428 HO with factory "Ram Air" system, "Switch Pitch" Turbo 400 and 3.90 "Safety Trac" differential.

Is is sad that both the Cobalt and HHR are out of production. The SS models were fantastic vehicles that outperformed all their competition at lower cost. Since they are both built on the same platform, the HHR shared the Cobalts fate. I hope the new Cruz is a hit. It won't be because of the performance with only a 1.4 turbo engine.

The SS were great but they were old. GM has plans but they have not relesed them yet. The Cruze sedan will not see a SS treatment but the 2.0 is in the works for future cars including a small RWD application. Contrary to popular myth Performance is far from dead at GM. The new GM just is not going to tell what they plan 5 years ahead to keep stock prices up like they have in the past.

The Camaro will have a big showing at Woodward. I suspect from what I have seen the Convertible SS and a Z/28 will both be shown. There will be more on the FWD performance in the future. I expect a Cruze size coupe to be seen in the near future. This would be perfect for a new SS. Just note it may not be called a Cruze.

Love the Bobcats. We are thinking of doing a 64 clone with my buddies GTO. He is shopping for a 421 now.
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Sure! I would be honored.

Will do, hope to have some shots up by today... thanks!

------------------

For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Will do, hope to have some shots up by today... thanks!

If you need shots of anything in particular let me know.
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

If you need shots of anything in particular let me know.

Thanks a lot hyperv6, take a look... http://gt.ppdictionary.com/random_photos_2.html

Truly loving it

------------------

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Thanks a lot hyperv6, take a look... http://gt.ppdictionary.com/random_photos_2.html

Truly loving it

Thanks it looks good!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock