Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What is it with everyone and this stock holly throttle body? (non fiero people)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

What is it with everyone and this stock holly throttle body? (non fiero people) by pontiackid86
Started on: 08-04-2010 11:37 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: rogergarrison on 12-10-2010 11:55 AM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
So this past weekend my buddy's friends shop was throwing a small car show kind of deal catering to the 250SX. So my buddy asked me to bring my 87 up as a favor. me having nothing better to do i went up with it and pulling into the parking lot all eyes on my car (i love it ) i start to pull into a parking spot and before i got out of the car the questions started rolling in. So this one kid comes up to me saying his dad bought a storege garage rull of fiero parts. Than he says he has a holly TB for sale for the V6 so me being the kill joy i ask how much? He reply's $300, i looked at him and said thats pretty steap for a stock part. He reply's what you mean stock it says holly right on the top of it. So i pop my decklid and point out my TB and tell him it came stock that way i just dont get it.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-04-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Either he thought he fell into a gold mine, or he figured he would try to convince you that he had.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe -soon to be something other than red

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Very "rare" performance Holley throttlebody and you didnt jump on it???? WTF..PK?

------------------
If I only had ONE more part it will be finished...... famous last words.....

Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
It's simple brand recognition - and a bit of ignorance as well. People know Holley is a good brand, but when presented with the parts think that they're all valuable because they are sought after aftermarket performance parts. A somewhat similar situation for example would be the people who try to sell Brembo calipers off of Evos. There's a lot of valuable parts that can come off of an Evo, and the Brembos are an item that frequently gets sold at a very high price despite the fact that they are typically worn and abused.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNAPPY829:

Very "rare" performance Holley throttlebody and you didnt jump on it???? WTF..PK?

Lol ohh ya lol i dunno what i was thinking
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Direct Link to This Post
He may have other stuff that he thinks are junk but worth something, may just inquire a little more into what he has.

Some people though think anything Fiero is worth its weight in gold.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 02greens10:

He may have other stuff that he thinks are junk but worth something, may just inquire a little more into what he has.

Some people though think anything Fiero is worth its weight in gold.

I cant tell you how many junk yards i'v been to that are that way... i always go and tell them you have been dropped on your head with that price and they got the part pulled for free because i dont buy it. on the other hand one yard i go to i almost pay for my parts by the pound.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
All V6 fieros came with a holley throttlebody. GM commisioned holley to make the throttlebody for the fiero.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

All V6 fieros came with a holley throttlebody. GM commisioned holley to make the throttlebody for the fiero.

Thanks for the update... that was the point of the whole thread...
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I keep seeing ads from dealers saying "this 2M6 has a Holley Carb and the amazing optional automatic transmission!"

I've also seen base coupes listed as "loaded" because at some point a PO added air conditioning...

I don't know which is worse.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Really?
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-05-2010 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:
Really?

I've never seen a stock V6 that didn't have one.
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
This thread is killing me
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
This reminds me of some guy on ebay selling a Holley air scoop rare original for an extremely high price.

I emailed him just to make sure I wasn't missing something and here are the clips.

Subject: Re: xxxxspoon has sent a question about item #200432192771, ending on Jan-31-10 21:23:29 PST - Fiero "Holley" scoop (original)

Dear xxxxxseller,

Is this the same Holley Scoop thats made out of plastic or the one made from Gold Pressed Latinum? Just curious. Spoon

His answer...
Dear xxxxspoon,

Not sure I know what Latinum is, having been around Fieros since they were new this is the only REAL Holley scoop I am familiar with. So I guess it is "Latinum". There were some aftermarket platic replicas, and i think that is what you might be referring to. I am poting more photos from every angle so it can be checked out.

Anyone familiar with Star Trek knows what Gold Pressed Latinum is and he took me seriously as well as the Holley scoop!!

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

...People know Holley is a good brand...

Really? I've had a representative cross section of Holley carbs. I wasn't impressed.
moonmoon2142

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for moonmoon2142Send a Private Message to moonmoon2142Direct Link to This Post
the 87 and 88 i belive came with holloys but like mine and 84 se did not come stocked there is a holloy for 84 and 85 that will nor fit on the 87s and 88s and i has a 2" plate on it that is one of the rare ones the ones on the v6s are not
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by moonmoon2142:

the 87 and 88 i belive came with holloys but like mine and 84 se did not come stocked there is a holloy for 84 and 85 that will nor fit on the 87s and 88s and i has a 2" plate on it that is one of the rare ones the ones on the v6s are not

87 and 88 2.5L did not come with holley.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 12-09-2010).]

FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

87 and 88 2.5L did not come with holley.

The "rare" aftermarket Holley TBI and intake manifold will only fit (bolt on) to the 84-86 4cyl. I have heard modifications can be made to fit the 87-88 (If you own a 1987/88 Fiero, you will need to fabricate an adaptor plate. GM totally changed the design of the TBI and intake manifold. You cannot use an earlier design intake manifold as the head on the 1987/88 has also changed. The earlier intakes will not bolt up to the newer head. All this means that a simple adaptor plate will have to be fabricated allowing the old bolt pattern of the HOLLEY TBI to be mounted onto the new GM designed intake manifold. Use a 1/4" aluminum plate along with a new 1987/88 TBI intake gasket. Angled screws must be used to maintain a low adaptor plate height. Remember, you must still open up the TBI bore on your intake manifold. If you are lucky enough to find one, use a HOLLEY intake manifold (except on 1987-88). From: http://ironduke7.tripod.com/builtduke.htm ) The intake manifold could be considered quite rare.

[This message has been edited by FirstDrCar (edited 12-09-2010).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

84's did not come with a V6. The Holley TB being discussed here is stock on the V6 engines.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I've never seen a stock V6 that didn't have one.

ive never seen a stock v6 fiero.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
You screwed up by not allowing him to double his collection for rare HOLLEY 2.8 throttle bodies at a discounted price of only $200.00
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2010 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
That's all I've got to say about that.
86FieroSEv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroSEv6Send a Private Message to 86FieroSEv6Direct Link to This Post
LMFAO . . . . I stopped wondering why I never run out of cars to fix long long ago. That boy was the very definition of neo-tard.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Holley to me is a bad thing. I never had anything but problems with their carbs. One of the first things i did to my Coronet was throw the OEM Holley in the dumpster. I might use one of their fuel filters, but thats it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock