Capitol City Fiero Clubs Fall Color Cruise 2010 by Capitol City Fiero
Started on: 08-03-2010 11:51 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: fierochic1 on 10-21-2010 09:15 PM
Capitol City Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
UP DATED GO TO

www.capitolcityfieros.com/Fallcolorcruise2009.html

ALL UPDATER INFO

[This message has been edited by Capitol City Fiero (edited 09-12-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Problem with the web page. It keeps crashing Firefox.
thefredman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefredmanSend a Private Message to thefredmanDirect Link to This Post
I don't seem to be able to open the page up either
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
nothing wrong on this end
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it might be a java scripting problem. The page will start to load (I get different backgrounds at times) and then sound bite starts to load and then drives Firefox crazy and dumps all connections.

I tried IE and after several minutes it will finish loading but it takes about 85% of my system to do so. Try removing the sound bite.
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
sound bite removed and I still see nothing wrong on this end
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Ummm....just looked at the route. How far south will you be going on 23? Personally, I recommend going down to Oscoda and cutting back on River Road along the Au Sable River. Would probably put you in a perfect timing for dinner at Desi's in Footesite. Hmmm...would love to join you, but not sure if I will be able to pull it off.
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
bump for color
thefredman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefredmanSend a Private Message to thefredmanDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
BUMP only 31 days
PFF
System Bot
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
24 days and counting
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
18 day bump. I will meet you at breakfast Saturday morning.
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Man, you "older" people sure like to start early! 8am geez...

I need to get a few miles on my Ecotecfiero by then and I will be 100% go for this
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
for most of us 8:00 AM is a late start
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Another bump. 9 days out according to the web site, 10 days according to my calculations. Just made hotel reservations for Saturday night in Mackinaw. Looks like I am going to have to bring the convertible....so I am hoping for some uncommonly warm and dry weather up there.

Any idea how many are going to be there?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
Free bump for a really good time.

The route will take you through some absolutely beatiful and pristine woodlands.

If you have never experienced NW Michigan, you should make arrangements to take this drive.

The 'Tunnel of Trees' is a spectacular drive atop a cliff, overlooking Lake Michigan, and winding through a forest.

Don't miss this event, the tree colors should be at their peak!
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Another bump....we are within 10 days. Weather.com says it will be sunny, mid 50s, and very little chance of rain. I'll take it...I can handle the 50s as long as it stays dry. Should make for some beautiful pics. Can't wait to meet the Michigan crew...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
C P - you met several of us at Daytona!
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Another bump Made it to West Branch. 72 degrees and sunny....this has to be a new record for Northern Michigan in October. Hope this heat wave sticks around a couple days. Also looks like the perfect timing for the colors....
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time....topped off by great people, great weather, and great food. The person responsible for the weather did such a great job that we are not only going to extend his contract another year, we are going to double his pay also.

On to a few pics....

Somewhere over by Torch Lake:

We stopped in Charlevoix where they were having their Apple Festival:

A little further down the road in Charlevoix:

A state icon in front of Little Traverse Bay:

Petoskey?

No caption needed:

We are into the Tunnel of Trees here:

More of the Tunnel of Trees:

Checking into the hotel Saturday night:

The Mackinac Bridge:

Random shots of color:

This one wasn't quite as random:

Driving down M-65:

At the "scenic overlook" off River Road:

I have to whine and complain about this a bit. I have been coming to this sand hill on the Au Sable River since I was too young to remember. When I was a kid, we could only get to it by boat or 4wd truck. This was a special place to me when I was growing up. Then a couple years ago the state just plowed a road, paved it, and gave it to everyone that didn't have to go out and find this place for themselves. The view is still spectacular....but I feel like it was stolen from me when I am forced to share it with everyone.

A little further down River Road:

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 10-10-2010).]

Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
we all had a great time and all are home safe, Mother Nature was good to us all weekend.
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Bob, wish I could have been there. Maybe next year.

Jack
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
The wife and I had a great time. This is the first time I have been to the tunnel of trees in the North Eastern Lower Penninsula. It is a beautiful drive and one that I would love to take if the road was blocked off and you were allowed to drive it at speed. That would really be fun.

I did hit a new high on gas mileage on this trip though. Following Robert and the rest of the crew I had to keep a light foot on the gas pedal and on one stretch I got 31.7 miles per gallon with my 3800 SC series III. That is by far the most I have ever gotten. Normally I run between 25 and 26 mpg and sometimes a little lower. I don't know if I could hold to that restraint for a whole trip or even for a week or so, but at least it is capable even though I might not be.

If you look at my black 88 GT you will see Sunny the bear. There is a special story about Sunny that we might share later on.

Wish I didn't have other obligations on Sunday so I had to drive straight back down I75 Sunday morning instead of staying with the group on the sunrise side of the trip. I also got to meet Greg (CowsPatoot) and his mother. They were a lot of fun and didn't freak out when they had problems.
Fierfly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all of you who helped Greg keep my car alive.
Hope everyone had a good time.

-Fierfly

------------------
A good man is hard to find...but a good Fiero mechanic is "rare".

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Panarama shots are finally up.

http://www.cowspatoot.com/myroads/Fall2010.html ...you may have to copy the link and paste it in a new browser window.

The second one is incredible....definitely worth the download.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 10-20-2010).]

fierochic1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochic1Click Here to visit fierochic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierochic1Direct Link to This Post
Beautiful!!! Perfect fall scenes.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock