Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Where'd you put your 1st annual Tyler Shipman memorial carshow decals?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Where'd you put your 1st annual Tyler Shipman memorial carshow decals? by 2.5
Started on: 07-28-2010 10:11 AM
Replies: 32
Last post by: Danyel on 08-18-2010 10:32 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

I put one on the nose so far, a logical place. Wondering where everyone else put theirs...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Mine are on the Quarter Windows on my notchback. I have the real glass ones from 1984 on my 86SE, and I shaved the arrowhead ridge and placed the badges in those locations. They look good.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Mine are on the Quarter Windows on my notchback. I have the real glass ones from 1984 on my 86SE, and I shaved the arrowhead ridge and placed the badges in those locations. They look good.

Wait, you do? Did you use the 84 glass frame or put the glass in the later frame?

I'll be watching for good idea's were to put mine at.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 07-28-2010).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Wait, you do? Did you use the 84 glass frame or put the glass in the later frame?

Used the entire frame/glass from an 84. Direct bolt on replacement to replace the original windows.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Pics! pics!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2010 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I recieved mine the other day. What incredible quality! Way better than any old sticker. Short sentences. I believe that the black one is going on my rear window. After one year, I will order a new set, and put the old sticker on my tool box. Because that is where stickers go.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

and put the old sticker on my tool box. Because that is where stickers go.

True dat.
I thought about creating a lineup putting them on the car next to the previous one each year.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I put one on the back window of my truck, one on the back of my V-star, and I have one for my wife's Grand Am, daughter's 84 Fiero, and my son's Eclipse. I also have on for my 86 GT but I need to get a nose badge for it.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 07-28-2010).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I put one on the back window of my truck, one on the back of my V-star, and I have one for my wife's Grand Am, daughter's 84 Fiero, and my son's Eclipse. I also have on for my 86 GT but I need to get a nose badge for it.

I too have 7 more to find a home! A few more on my Fiero and some for my other vehicles.

You could stick it directly on the cars nose without an emblem backing behind it, might actually look sleeker . I have a badge behind mine.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I have one still with the backer on it, leaning up against my computer monitor at work.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
pics pics ?
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I will post my pics tomorrow when I offload the Frazee weekend pics off the camera.
KennyH

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KennyHSend a Private Message to KennyHDirect Link to This Post
Put it on my bike right away. The only yellow allowed on anything I own.

Later,
Kenny
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
"The only yellow allowed on anything I own." So very true.

I just put it on a few minutes ago.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Where I put my yellow memorial show stickers:

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-05-2010).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
Found homes for the other ones too.

The daily driver:

The old car:

The pickup:

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-05-2010).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
I am working on placing one on the map pocket, but I don’t want to permanently apply using the adhesive that it comes with. It would be very difficult to remove without damaging something. A guy at the Tyler Show gave me an idea. He applies his to a refrigerator magnet and trims the excess magnet. Then he can apply to anything metallic and freely move it around.

I tested magnets by sandwiching the map pocket between two of them, but they were not strong enough to hold. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 08-05-2010).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-05-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

I tested magnets by sandwiching the map pocket between two of them, but they were not strong enough to hold. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Try the neodinium (sp) magnets (rare earth). They will hold anything.

edit: Velcro?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 08-05-2010).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Where I put my yellow memorial show stickers:

Ouch! Visions of the Forty-Year Old Virgin. Hope your cat has been de-clawed. What does a swearing cat sound like?
heypal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalDirect Link to This Post
I plan to put one on the nose of my mountain sled this fall. It will look hot!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Okay, Jason. Better late than never, right?

On the bike

On the Super Duty

I will have them on Fieros when I figure out where I want them.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 08-09-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Okay, Jason. Better late than never, right?

On the bike

On the Super Duty

I will have them on Fieros when I figure out where I want them.

When did you get a bike?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
The Eclipse got one

The 87 got one

The IMSA got one
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
The Mera got some inside and out....

....on the back window....

....on the back part of the trunk surround with other car show dash plaques.

~~Dan
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Wow Dan,

You are running out of space for car show badges. I have installed a black Tyler badge on the map pocket of my Mera. Kudos to Geff GT for making such nice badges. They are factory quality!

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 08-16-2010).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
I'm waiting until I have a Fiero of my own to put mine on. Someday....

------------------
Nellie - forever Tyler's mommy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Cool everyone!

Hey I think the 2nd annual show decal might go on the bottom left of the rear window of my Fiero, and each year after will go next to it, until I have a row across the window.
GrandmaC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrandmaCSend a Private Message to GrandmaCDirect Link to This Post
I talked to Daneele about getting one of these emblems and she doesnt know who is selling them so I would sure like to buy one.

Tylers Grandma C
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GrandmaC:

I talked to Daneele about getting one of these emblems and she doesnt know who is selling them so I would sure like to buy one.

Tylers Grandma C

PM sent.
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

GTGeff

2031 posts
Member since Dec 2001

FYI. I am already working on the 2011 design for next years show. I want to review some design options and colors with Nellie & Jay before formalizing when things slow down at work. I will share art proofs when they're ready. Since this was a learning year, there will be definitely be fewer available next year. I do have plenty 2010s left to make commentrative sets next year.

Things have been busy around here so haven't had an opportunity to afix to the map pocket, let alone take pictures. Thinking possible center console glovebox door.

I had given thought to covering the rear clip tear from motorcycle rear-ending me last week., but the emblem was too tall to fit in the recess area of the reflector.

Later,
Jeff
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GMplastic:

~~Dan

You have quite the collection there

------------------

For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com
PFF
System Bot
GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
Chismclubm.....
Time spent at car shows (or fishing, hunting....at baseball games, etc.) doesn't count against you!

~~Dan
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Hollllllllyyyyy guakamole !!!! what a piece of art !!!!! Thanks GTGeff for the surprise !!! there is ONLY one place where I can put this ........ I will finish a couple of things on my Widow first then I will post pics ...... I really think this deserves a place of honor on my fiero ..... I will post pics soon to where it sits .... SOOON.....Any guesses??

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock