Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  A THANK YOU to all of the people involved in the Tyler Project and the Show

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

A THANK YOU to all of the people involved in the Tyler Project and the Show by Synthesis
Started on: 07-26-2010 12:01 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Hulki U. My-BFF on 07-30-2010 02:05 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I sent an email to the Minnesota Fieros Forever officers, but feel it applies to the Forum and the rest of the group up in Frazee and the surrounding area who helped out... I have made some minor edits to it to apply to Pennock's as well.

I did not plan this show, nor did I run it. This was a group effort by dozens of people who invested time, money and effort into making this a success..

All,

I just wanted to say Thank You for a few things...

First of all: I know all of us had a huge emotional investment in the build project as well as the car show. The results of the show were beyond my expectations. Thank you for all of the hard work and help.

I realize I am not an officer of Minnesota Fieros Forever, nor do I ever expect to be. Thank you all for allowing me to be such a big part of the planning for the show as well as a participant in the show activities. I realize I can be overbearing when I am focused on something that interests me. Your patience with me and support for the show really pulled it off, and keeping me in check when I got a crazy idea in my head didn't hurt either.

Daneele, Jay, Carter and Cassidy, thank you for opening your home and your hearts to all of us. We wouldn't have been able to have this show if it wasn't for your support, enthusiasm and hospitality. You have a beautiful home, and Camp Shipman was a complete riot. Please look at the sign post and always remember that we are here thinking of you, and anticipating the next time we can all get together.

I am proud to be a part of MFF and Pennock's, and to know each and every one of you. I look forward to next year, and a bigger and better show.

Christopher Robin Kliewer

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-26-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Im sorry i couldent be there guys but i did get to talk to andy and mrs shippman over the phone. sounds like you all had a great time.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top... I want people to see this.

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Bump in the night. wait,........ it's morning.
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
Chris and all,
Having been into cars, car building and collecting for about 35 years, and having attended (on average) 7 or 8 shows a year, I can still say that I was astonished by the quality of the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show. Everyone we ran into was friendly and 'real.' The organization was great, the weather cooperated and the cause is most meaningful. We did not get a chance to meet the Shipman family, as they were constantly surrounded by many friends, as they should be, but it was apparent what amazing people they are.

My other son, yellow87fierogt (Lafierte attened at Frazee with me) attended a Concours D' elegance in Southern Michigan on the same weekend. He reported seeing many fabulous, exotic vehicles and celebrity owners, but did not have near the experience that we had in Frazee. What a contrast between people!!!

This show was fabulous! We will remember it as the best!

Thanks so much!
~~Dan

------------------
Gold '87 GT, Black '87 GT, Black '88 Mera, 64 Stingray coupe, '01 Corvette coupe, '03 Corvette coupe & caretaker of son's Yellow '87 GT, & Other son's Red '86 GT,
General tinkerer and doer of mechanical deeds

Diegogrande

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DiegograndeSend a Private Message to DiegograndeDirect Link to This Post
Great show, Great people Great time, My wife and I were honored to be a part of it!

Great Job for those that put this together.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Since I am not a member of Minnesota Fieros Forever but I think I have heard complimentary rumors about them and I did have the opportunity to drive though Menomonie, WI., several years ago, I would dare to suggest that our modest friend does deserve some recognition from all of us. I would hope that during the new business portion of the next Minnesota Fieros Forever meeting that the following motion be put to the members:

"In recognition of his tireless, over bearing focus on what needs to be accomplished, his dedication to doing the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing and fully realizing his modesty of having so much to be modest about; the duly elected officers of Minnesota Fieros Forever be directed to bestow upon Chistopher Robin Kliewer (aka: Synthesis) all the honors, benefits and responsibilities due this newly created position of: Honorary M.F F. 1st V.P. TPSS&SM."

(First Vice President of Tire Pressure, Stereo Systems and Smoke Machines)

All those in favor please so indicate by stating: Aye !
Make it so Number One
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
LOL Vernon...

I still say I was just a part of a group effort...

Everyone had an emotional investment in this... The show was just the major focus of my life for the last several months. I simply wanted it to be a success.. It could not have been successful without EVERYONE else. The participants, the planners, the sponsors...

The show was superb, and I only had a small part to play in it turning out the way it did.

MinnGreenGT, KEV, FieroSTS, and many many others both on and off the forum are the real power behind the show. Without their combined work, the show would never have had the response and results that it did.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Very well put, Chris. That's what I like about you, you are a stand up and take charge kind of guy. That's exactly what the Tyler Project needed, and what the events this weekend needed. I don't know where you find all of that energy and drive, you are one focused person. As with the rest of us, I know the Shipman family and Frazee will always have a special place in your heart. I can't wait to see you again next year brother.

Wait, your name is Christopher Robin? Like this guy?

J/K Chris

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I concur

Great people, great show, great cause. Loved it.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I don't know where you find all of that energy and drive, you are one focused person.

It's called Aspergers.. The build and show were a key interest in my life, therefor, I focused on both to the exclusion of other things.

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Chris.... It also means that when you are focused, you don't do things half way.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Well, I think it is more to do with your character than your Aspergers. It's more to do with your hard work, drive, and compassion. I am secure enough to say I love ya man. And I mean that.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Well, I think it is more to do with your character than your Aspergers. It's more to do with your hard work, drive, and compassion. I am secure enough to say I love ya man. And I mean that.

Andrew... I love you too man. :P

And no, it is directly linked to my AS. I slack my ass off when I don't have much of an interest in something.. But when I am REALLY interested, I am in it all the way. AS is the root cause, but my drive is a good symptom of it.. IF I am interested.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Stupid iPhone.

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 07-30-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock