Midnight Run by Midnight
Started on: 07-15-2010 08:23 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Midnight on 08-31-2010 04:56 PM
Midnight

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to my not really build thread. Probably more like a restore/clean up thread. Im gonna try to keep up and chart my progress here if thats ok. Hopefully I can offer some pix if someone needs them.

First thing is I found and Invite to a christmas part from 1998 in Taylor Micigan. Anyone wanna go?

Heres my car sitting in my garage..

Interior. Started to pull out all the trim to fix my headliner that sagging, pulled the speakers..Hmm wonder why those were not working.,.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I started on cleaning up the wheel wheel. Amazing what a can of black spray paint can do.. I'll get pix of those soon.

[This message has been edited by Midnight (edited 07-15-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Got the drivers side trim all out. Pulled the headliner out...

Man that stuff is itchy. Note to self. Dont where flip flops and wear a shirt while working with old cruddy foam headliner backing.

Found some Headliner material at Joann fabrics. Going there after work to pick it up.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Headliner is all done and mounted back in the car. Picks coming soon. Not bad for my first attempt. Bummed that I get a tad of overspray on some glue and seeped through to the other side. DOH!

Oh well...

Ordered some new 4x6 speakers off ebay for $25.

Gonna hand wash all the trim this week. Till at least Wednesday. Getting my VASECTOMY! WOOHOOO!! Im not that excited really..

Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Here's the pic of my new headliner...Not too bad.. Screwed up in one spot... Do you see it? LOL

Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Project on hold for a while... Had my surgery today, Ow.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Headliner looks pretty good! After you're back to 100% are you gonna do the sunvisors too?
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Headliner looks pretty good! After you're back to 100% are you gonna do the sunvisors too?

Thanks man.. Thats the plan.

My next major thing is replacing the engine cradle. Just ordered my cradle and lower control arm bushing from the fiero store..
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Changing paths right now..

Got my engine cradle that I needed from Ridgelandbaseball(Phil) last week...Heres a shot of the corner so you can see the rust..

Primed with rust convertor. Product made here in Ohio 10 minutes from my house. 16osz was $18. very impressed.

You can see the rust convertor converting the rust...

Finished cradle with the rust convertor..

I went ahead a bought tractor implement paint to paint it.. Looks great... Ill get those pix soon.

[This message has been edited by Midnight (edited 07-27-2010).]

Ridgelandbaseball

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post
Thanks very much for Midnight and his friend Mike for coming over my house this evening. Mike's Formula is one of the finest I have even seen. Mint.
To the left in the pic is Fiero Al, a good friend of mattwa's by his car which is a Red 86GT, also a very nice car. See his thread in General Chat. In the way background is my Gold 86GT with cradle dropped in the midst of a build thread, next down the drive is mattwa next to his Gold 86SE who just dropped his cradle again today to fix some minor problems and to change car from Auto to Manual, then in very front is Midnight standing by friend Mike's Formula. Mike is standing at passenger rear of car. Mattwa overwhelmed everyone with his Fiero knowledge. We will have to keep in touch with all parties.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
It was great meeting everyone..

Thanks again for the picture Phil..
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Update.

Took the car up to the auto body shop to get the cradle put in. Gotta wait a week and a half cuz they are that busy but I think it will be worth it..

PFF
System Bot
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Is it normal to think about your car and what you are going to do to it while you are trying to sleep and actually cant sleep because your thinking about it too much?

LOL

I miss my car! Hurry up next week!
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
Not sure about it being normal, but you're not the only one..

------------------

Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Car is currently getting the new cradle put in! \m/

Got a real good look under the car today. Got some work to do...

[This message has been edited by Midnight (edited 08-16-2010).]

Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Got the cradle put in.. Turned out to be more than I wanted to pay but...

From $300 to $800...

WEll after pulling the cradle out the chasis was indeed rotted out so nothing was there to screw the cradle back into. The dude fabricated a wholenew section for me problem solved.
Also got a new oil pan and new rear brake lines put in. All new bushing and lower ball joints put in.

It is what it is right? The rear of the car handles great and all the squeaking noises are gone. Gotta get some struts and shocks put in now.

Thanks for reading. I know its not much and probably stuff you read a 100x before but Im really digging the car now. Gonna pull out the whole interior, rear and front bumbers next to see whats doing.

I thought Id share my progress.

Thanks
Dan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock