Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  fieros with cassette players still using them (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
fieros with cassette players still using them by pete 2m4
Started on: 07-12-2010 07:21 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: wirthy on 07-15-2010 12:31 PM
Midnight

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Not to my knowledge. Mine were working but the cones had pretty much rotted away. So had the ones in the dash, for that matter. I could understand the dash speakers going bad (sunlight/heat/humidity/etc) but the rear ones were a mystery to me.

If yours are out completely, you're likely looking at a wiring or head unit issue.

Hmmm.. Wonder why my rear speakers were not working.. LOL

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
I still use the stock cassette player in my '84 Trans Am, but mostly just to prove that it still works after 220,000 miles and 26 years of sunshine through the T-tops. The modern head unit is hidden, so I can enyoy listening to what's on my MP3 player. I did update the speakers.
wirthy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wirthySend a Private Message to wirthyDirect Link to This Post
When I first got my Fiero with it's factory cassette player, I was excited to relive my youth: I browsed Goodwill for cassettes from Whitesnake, Poison, .38 Special, Bon Jovi and other 80's rockers. When the stereo died, I replaced it with the exact same model (thanks, eBay), and I was back in my fast-forwarding and rewinding glory. However, after six months, the cassette player quit working. Now my Goodwill tape collection collects dust in the garage and my iPod (via an FM-transmitter) now pumps hair metal power ballads through my factory system.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock