Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Central Iowa Fiero Meet Sunday the 18th. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Central Iowa Fiero Meet Sunday the 18th. by RACE
Started on: 06-28-2010 11:36 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: RACE on 07-19-2010 03:59 PM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Edit: Sun July 18th at 1:00pm. Corner of Hwy 65 and Hwy 34 at LAMBO's place, Just west of Lucas, IA.

It has been a couple of years since we have had a central Iowa Fiero Meet. I would like to have one again but the only date that will work for me in July is the afternoon of Sunday the 18th. Hopefully that will work for others. We can pick a location once we see who is interested.

------------------
Central Iowa Fieros

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 07-01-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Westy

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Wow, great to see some Iowans on the forum, can't say I've seen too many.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Westy:

Wow, great to see some Iowans on the forum, can't say I've seen too many.

We're here and around!! Your fairly close to Eastern Iowa (kind of but your more than welcome to hook up with us whenever you'd like here with HeartlandFieros (www.Heartlandfieros.com). Shoot me your email address and I'll throw you onto our email notification list for any upcoming events.

Race,

Always a good time getting together with you guys, unfortunately as with every other Fiero thing I want to do this year I have to work on the 18th . Have a great time though!!!!!

Dan

Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Haha, your right, I'm getting a little far west. To be honest I haven't really checked into any clubs around here. Fairly new fiero owner of a few months. I'm in the middle of my fastback conversion, so my car is in quite a few pieces. Hopfully I will have all my mods and body work done by next year and I can do a little more showing and get-togethers.
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
Hey Race! The 18th works for me.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Westy, I went to flight school in Webster City. I am planning a trip up there to see the Palph Storm at the airport. If you are around then I would like to stop by.
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
When do you plan on making the trip. Did you go through ICCC, or did you do it privately? Ralph's a pretty neat guy since I've known him. I am moving to Cedar Falls within the next few months, but I could also make the trip back home. Hoping to have the fiero at least together and running so I don't have to make the drive every time I want to work on her.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Yep, ICCC. Don't know when yet.

I will send out a group pm later today from my home computer in case anyone misses this thread.
ULTRA-kV6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ULTRA-kV6Send a Private Message to ULTRA-kV6Direct Link to This Post
so...just how many of us Iowans are on here? Iowa Falls here. Smackdab in the middle of the state.
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
There's a few on the member list, but I can't say I know of to many that are active. Other than RACE I haven't seen anyone too often, and I usually try to keep an eye out :P
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
As of right now, I don't have anything planned for the 18th. Convertible is scheduled to get some work done on the 15th, so I would probably come in the daily driver. If the vert gets done, I might try and talk my daughter into bringing a second car. Also, give Kevin a shout. I talked to him about a month ago, and he was asking about a meet for the summer. He knows a couple guys in the DM area who have recently put together some 3800sc cars that would probably come.
-Todd
PFF
System Bot
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
I can maybe get there, but my Fiero is down for the swap. I set the 3800 in yesterday, and there's a lot to do yet. I'm down below Mt. Pleasant.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weaselbeak:

I can maybe get there, but my Fiero is down for the swap. I set the 3800 in yesterday, and there's a lot to do yet. I'm down below Mt. Pleasant.

You've still got three weeks, plenty of time to get that swap up and running.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

LAMBO

1677 posts
Member since May 2000

Haha, your right, I'm getting a little far west. To be honest I haven't really checked into any clubs around here. Fairly new fiero owner of a few months. I'm in the middle of my fastback conversion, so my car is in quite a few pieces. Hopfully I will have all my mods and body work done by next year and I can do a little more showing and get-togethers.

Are you the guy who had the yellow coupe for sale on Craigslist awhile back?
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

LAMBO

1677 posts
Member since May 2000
Where's Erik? I see him chiming in on threads now and again.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post

LAMBO

1677 posts
Member since May 2000

Originally posted by tstroud:

Hey Race! The 18th works for me.

I'm hearing Tim has done a lot of work over the winter to his car. Can't wait to see what he's done.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Sorry that I didn't get a chance to post the group pm last night. I will try to get it done soon. Lambo has offered to host the event in Lucas. He has several cars that are worth seeing so unless there is any objection I would like to plan on that.

Sorry that you can't make it Dan. I am glad to see that others will. It was the only weekend day that would work for me so I understand.

I can't wait to see what Tim has done. I have a little work to do to my car to make it prettier but it is ready to go.

I have a new camera for this meet. I misplaced the last one and can't find it but HD video will be nice.

I will plan on binging all of my Fiero geocoins, even the prototypes that I had made to see what different paints and finishes would look like.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 06-30-2010).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
After messaging with Todd (LAMBO) we have planned to start the event at 1:00pm just west of Lucas, IA at his shop. I will let him fill in the details. Take it away Todd.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post

There's a few on the member list, but I can't say I know of to many that are active. Other than RACE I haven't seen anyone too often, and I usually try to keep an eye out :P

I've been hanging out in O/T for a while now. Not enough cash to finish the car so I've found myself staying out of tech and general chat. Still quite active though
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Lol, My mistake!
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, some of you have been there before, but the meet venue is at the intersection of Hwy 34 and 65 just west of Lucas. Look for the greenhouse business on the southwest side of this intersection. You'll travel west on 34 for about 1000 ft from the intersection for the driveway entrance. In case anyone is interested, I'll make my Rotary lift available for anyone who wants to be under their car, and stand while doing it. Change your oil, inspect your suspension, what ever needs attending, it would be a good opportunity to do it.

Otherwise, bring your own refreshments and a comfy chair and enjoy a nice afternoon talking Fieros. Depending on everyone's schedule, we may take a short cruise that afternoon as well. If your Fiero isn't running, no worries, we want you to come anyway.
PFF
System Bot
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:

I'll make my Rotary lift available for anyone who wants to be under their car, and stand while doing it. Change your oil, inspect your suspension, what ever needs attending, it would be a good opportunity to do it.

Otherwise, bring your own refreshments and a comfy chair and enjoy a nice afternoon talking Fieros. Depending on everyone's schedule, we may take a short cruise that afternoon as well. If your Fiero isn't running, no worries, we want you to come anyway.

Man you guys are really making me want to call in sick........I really need to adjsut my starter and drink refreshments that I don't have to stab a straw into for once!!

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
We all have to have our priorities.

Where would I rather be? Work or a Fiero Meet? Not really a tough call.

J/K. Get to work.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 07-03-2010).]

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
Talk about bad timing, I will be in Colorado that weekend for a family get together. No getting out of this one. Hope the weather is great and you have a good time.

Rich
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Where's Erik? I see him chiming in on threads now and again.

I'm here just been super busy with wiring harness,rain issues and
putting a solid hub 6 puk in one of my Fieros
Oh and of course the n* custom 180 degree headers

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 07-04-2010).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by RACE:

We all have to have our priorities.

Where would I rather be? Work or a Fiero Meet? Not really a tough call.

J/K. Get to work.

I'd love to fly a Fiero

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 07-04-2010).]

weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post

You've still got three weeks, plenty of time to get that swap up and running.

Maybe if I didn't have a JOB !!

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
One week until the meet! The car has been washed. I have new batteries in the camera. Can't wait.
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post
Man, I'd like to come down and hang with you guys, but I got pulled to work on Sunday. I need to retire!!!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Aside from myself, Todd, and Tim who is planning to attend? Our first meet only had four cars. Our largest had around 20. I am curious to see what the turnout will be.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
TTT for the weekend. Hopefully I get a call from the shop today saying the convertible's done. Still have issues with the V8 car, but I should be able to pull out for the day on Sunday. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
RACE, I'd love to come, and have planned on making it to one of the Central Iowa group's get togethers. Unfortunately, I have "a previous engagement", and on top of that, my Fiero has a leaky radiator, so I won't be able to make this one. I WILL give this a bump to the top, though....
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
We would have loved to have you there but I understand. Can't fault a guy for following through with a commitment. Btw, you geocoin will go out in the mail as soon as I wake up and leave the house.
2birds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
Currently living in Ottumwa, and commuting to Iowa City for work, so you'll most likely see me on highways 34 or 218 these days. Racking up the miles on my Fiero (just passed 193,000 on the other day). I have the thoroughly-thrashed bright red 86 GT with the peeling and flaking paint.

I've seen two other Fiero's in Ottumwa, and I've been there for almost 4 years now. One aero-nosed notchie, and a mint, low-mile maroon 87 GT that spends a lot of time in storage. There's also a red notchie in Washington for sale, usually parked at the O-Reilly's.

I made it to a Newton/Knoxville/Red Rock area cruise back in Fall of 06, but couldn't do much else because of work requirements. This time around, I'm going to Chicago on the 18th for a little quality time with Dream Theater and Iron Maiden...
DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I can't make it. I hope someone gets a few pictures posted.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke....... OK, we're trying to quit.

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Can't make it alternator decided to take a crap last night
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Erik, sorry that you could not make it. It was good to see you guys again. Even though the turnout was small I had a good time. My wife enjoyed her first Fiero meet and the mini road trip afterward.

We went through Knoxville on the way home and ate at a Mexican restaurant. The did a lake tour.

I was smelling hot brakes a little and though that it might have something to do with the park brake cable that we messed with. I checked it out in my driveway and everything was fine. Then I touched the right front wheel where the lug nuts are and about burned my hand. Apparently that brake had been dragging for who knows how long. Tomorrow I will replace the caliper. Hopefully that will fix it.

Here are a couple of photos from today. Me on the left with my 87 SE, LAMBO with his 3800SC GT and Quad 4 convertible and tstroud with his black V8 SE.

------------------
Central Iowa Fieros

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 07-18-2010).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could have made it but to top it all off my AC compressor gave up the ghost as well
Not good in this humid time ..I have to scrounge up a V5 AC compessor and a cs130 alt ..anybody close got some spares???
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
Race,
How did you like the food there?

Erik,
Bummer, this is the first time you missed a meet. I hope you get fixed soon.

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
The meat was a little over cooked but it was still good. I didn't say anything because Karey and I were having a good time and I didn't want to be negative.

My car was parked just outside of the window and the people in the booth behind me started talking about it. I was surprised that it wasn't the usual "Fieros suck" talk. He told the girl that was with him that, "It was in really nice condition and that it might be really fast because there is a kit that you can buy to put a V8 in it" and "for not a lot of money you can have a really fast car that handles really well".

Word must be spreading about the high-horsepower engine swaps that have gone into Fieros. I'll keep my decklid closed and borrow the street cred until I can get my own.

Time to go work on my brake.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock