new to the forum thought i would share my fiero by Fiero88GT
Started on: 06-27-2010 03:26 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Spaxspore on 06-30-2010 12:10 AM
Fiero88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTClick Here to Email Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
ive known about this forum for a little while now and ive been using it to answer some of my questions already and now i finally joined. anyways here is my 88 fiero gt

i do have a question i couldn't find the answer to though.
is this hole in the intake manifold supposed to be there?

if you cant tell its about an inch from the throttle body.

ive been working on the car all week fixing clutch and shifter and suspension and exhaust problems and finaly got everything straitened out with it but i have to get around 900 bucks right now so i can buy a new exhaust for it. right now it is running with just the headers and the cross over pipe and here is what it sounds like now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijNk5fXhN7s
here is what it sounded like before with the full exhaust with a bunch of exhaust leaks
http://www.youtube.com/watc...5oy8&feature=channel
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Nice GT dude. What part of PA are you from?

Also both my GT's have a small hole there. its not all the way through though. if its all the way through it means you have a vachuume problem and need a new plenum.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-27-2010).]

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckClick Here to Email ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great car to start with! Whereabouts in PA? And no, that hole definitely should not be there. If you're close enough to me, I have a spare upper intake manifold. I have a bunch of other stuff too, send me a PM if you need anything. Good luck and have fun.
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTClick Here to Email Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
i live in Quakertown pa its about half an hour from Philadelphia. is there a way to patch up the hole for now somehow or does it even mater that its there? it doesn't look like its affecting air flow at all from what i can see and if i stick my finger over it while its running theres no air being sucked or blown through it so i don't think its a necessity to replace it right now. i don't know what its made out of either could i maybe tig weld the hole shut?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero88GT:

i live in Quakertown pa its about half an hour from Philadelphia. is there a way to patch up the hole for now somehow or does it even mater that its there? it doesn't look like its affecting air flow at all from what i can see and if i stick my finger over it while its running theres no air being sucked or blown through it so i don't think its a necessity to replace it right now. i don't know what its made out of either could i maybe tig weld the hole shut?

You should come down to our neck of PA sometime me and a few guys around here work on our fieros all the time.. That hole shopuld be ok. Both my fieros and my spare plenum's have it it was an error in the casting i think.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckClick Here to Email ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Oh, is that just a "bubble" in the casting? It looked like an actual hole but I suppose his idle would have been much higher if it had been. Fiero88GT, if you do need something, I'm only in Easton, not too bad to meet up. Wayne Renninger is also near you in Allentown. He's been into Fiero's since they started and has a TON of parts. http://www.waynesfieros.com/enter.htm
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTClick Here to Email Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
it looks like it was just a weak spot and probably over time with heat or something hitting it, it would just chip off. seems like just a little hollow hole that doesn't lead anywhere so ill just tig weld it when i feel like pulling it and the valve covers off for paint. right now though the car hasn't been very reliable so i don't trust it yet for driving more then just around town pretty much. maby after i get my exhaust i can take it for a good drive to see how it does and then we can meet up. ive been using the fiero store for most of my parts but ill check that site out convictedredneck. also ive been looking around for new seats mine are pretty ripped up does anyone know anyone that sells new fiero seats?
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Click Here to Email fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

If you're not familiar with it yet, check out www.tylerstoy.com and you'll get a taste of what we're about in the fiero family.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Welcome to the Forum!

If you're not familiar with it yet, check out www.tylerstoy.com and you'll get a taste of what we're about in the fiero family.

I personaly flew out there to help with this build as well.
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTClick Here to Email Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
they tylers toy build is actually how i found out about this site. i saw a video for it on youtube a little while back and checked out the site. you guys really did a great thing for him before he passed and the car really came out great.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Click Here to Email css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
The hole isn't a problem. Many or most V6 Fieros have it. Its where they drill the casting for the throttle body-to-plenum bolts; they always drill just deep enough to give you that little hole. There's nothing in there except the end of the bolt. No vacuum leak.

Nice 88 too!
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 242
User on Probation

Report this Post06-27-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

The hole isn't a problem. Many or most V6 Fieros have it. Its where they drill the casting for the throttle body-to-plenum bolts; they always drill just deep enough to give you that little hole. There's nothing in there except the end of the bolt. No vacuum leak.

Nice 88 too!

That is correct. Almost all plenums have the hole:

Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTClick Here to Email Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
i just realized i didn't post any pictures of the interior
you can see without the seat covers on in this picture the seats desperately need to be replaced and the shifter in this picture was cut in half by the previous owner and a ripped up boot and a wood knob were glued on to it so i got a real short shifter for it but i still need to get a boot.

here is the new shifter and knob u can see my console needs to be replaced too

i put a the fire extinguisher in it but had to take it out because it wasnt very secure it was always crooked does anyone have a good braket method? ive seen some other fieros on here with the extinguisher back there i just used the metal ring clamp that came with it and screwed it into the ledge. heres a better picture of how it was set up

[This message has been edited by Fiero88GT (edited 06-27-2010).]

Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTClick Here to Email Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
i have another question i forgot to ask. my fieros fuel gauge will read about a 1/4 tank and will run out of gas so what do i have to do to fix this?
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I personaly flew out there to help with this build as well.

I heard you flew out there to TEAR UP TYLERS TOY.... Welcome to the forum...

------------------

Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8 ~4T6OE
SmoothGT~II

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 349
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroRumorSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero88GT:

i have another question i forgot to ask. my fieros fuel gauge will read about a 1/4 tank and will run out of gas so what do i have to do to fix this?

Easiest fix (imo, if possible) is to fill the tank up 100%, then open the pod and remove the needle and put it back in so it rests at the full mark. or , just remember that 1/4 = empty.

Otherwise, you need to drop the tank and deal with it at that end...

Nice car, btw!

If that fire extinguisher is in full sun, would that cause a problem, heat-wise? (would NOT want THAT to explode!)
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightClick Here to Email MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Nice find dude.. Im new here too..

Bought mine last week...
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTClick Here to Email Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
fiero rumor how hard is it to take the needle off? if it Doesn't slide right off id rather drop the tank then break the needle.
and midnight ive had this since around mid april and i got it as a replacement for my mustang because i was looking for a reliable car but this was to cool to pass up. it really hasn't been to reliable and the guy that owned it before redneck rigged almost everything ive had to fix so far but in the end i think its worth breaking down a few times and having to fix all the previous owners screw ups just because of how awesome the car is. as soon as i brought it home all my friends wanted one too haha.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
just stick some NO2 in the hole :P For a cheap fix drill it round and plug it with a brass fitting not sure how long it will last.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I put the fire extinguisher in my front compartment. Too much sunshine on it in rear window down here in Florida. Time to tackle that interior and bring it back to great shape! There is also a great writeup that someone did on how to clean the trunk carpet and remove all the rust and stains. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Great Car!
JR
Spaxspore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaxsporeClick Here to Email SpaxsporeSend a Private Message to SpaxsporeDirect Link to This Post
http://www.mrmikes.com/fierohome.htm

Mr. mikes for the interior
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (90)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum... nice GT

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTClick Here to Email Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spaxspore:

http://www.mrmikes.com/fierohome.htm

Mr. mikes for the interior

are those full seats or just covers or pads?
Spaxspore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaxsporeClick Here to Email SpaxsporeSend a Private Message to SpaxsporeDirect Link to This Post
its for reupholster your current seats to make em look brand new again.

From his site,

"3. What is included in a MrMikes leather seats kit ?

All seat kits include:
1. Video instructions that shows you how to install a MrMikes Leather Seats Kit.
Step by step and in real time you will see how to dismantle the seat, remove the old upholstery, and attach the new.

2. Installation kit that includes Hog-ring pliers and Hog-rings, spray glue, razor blades, foam pads, cotton padding, Lexol Leather conditioner, and a brochure on the care of your new leather seats.
"

[This message has been edited by Spaxspore (edited 06-30-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock