Buzzing by Midnight
Started on: 06-27-2010 10:39 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Midnight on 06-28-2010 08:15 AM
Midnight

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys-

NEed some help I have this really bad buzzing sound coming from where computer sits I beleive. Bare with me as Im trying to lean this stuff..

I pulled out the center console and towards the back of the car in the middle sits a compter. Below that is where the linkage arms arm where in engages the trans mission. If I push my hand down on that metal piece the buzzing goes away.
My question is what is under that and how easy is it to remove the streel structure that supports that center console?

In the purple cirle if I push down on the metal I can feel it buzzing.. If I push hard enough it goes away..

Thanks
Dan

[This message has been edited by Midnight (edited 06-27-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Its your fuel pump, does it get better if you fill up the tank?
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Its your fuel pump, does it get better if you fill up the tank?

Good question... I havent had the car long enough to fill up the tank completly...

Is that an easy fix? Probably not.. LOL
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
And just so you know, the metal structure in the center console is NOT removeable. You have to drop the tank out of the bottom of the car to access the fuel pump. It takes about 30min to get it out.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Dropping the tank isn't that bad of a job, if you have a nice place to work on the car and jack stands to hold it up.
Air tools and Blaster penetrating oil are a big help. If you don't have any rust issue it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

How loud is it? Mine has been buzzing for a long time but its not that bad, if the rubber between the tank and the car is bad or gone it will make it seem worse than it is.
If I fill the tank it gets quiet till it hits 1/2 a tank and then I notice it again. If its real loud then it could be an indication that your pump is going to fail.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Dropping the tank isn't that bad of a job, if you have a nice place to work on the car and jack stands to hold it up.
Air tools and Blaster penetrating oil are a big help. If you don't have any rust issue it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

How loud is it? Mine has been buzzing for a long time but its not that bad, if the rubber between the tank and the car is bad or gone it will make it seem worse than it is.
If I fill the tank it gets quiet till it hits 1/2 a tank and then I notice it again. If its real loud then it could be an indication that your pump is going to fail.

Im wondering if you are right about the rubber being gone. It does seem real bad but then again....

ITs weird at certain RPM's when driving the car the buzz goes away...

THanks for the help..

Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithDirect Link to This Post
If you turn up your stereo the buzzing fuel pump all Fieros have will go away.
It works for me everytime!!!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Doesn't sound like a fuel pump problem at all to me. Sounds like you have a loose piece of something where the shifter cables go through the firewall.

There are thick rubber grommets on there that maybe if they are worn out or missing you could get a buzzing sound. If sticking your hand anywhere makes the sound go away something is definitely loose somewhere.
Midnight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidnightSend a Private Message to MidnightDirect Link to This Post
Hmm.. Cool. I gotta project in the winter to fix..

thanks!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock