Finally took some pics. by Scottzilla79
Started on: 06-26-2010 04:07 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: shuribob on 06-27-2010 12:28 PM
Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I picked up this 88 Formula a little over a month ago and have been posting here and there with questions but I've finally taken some pics of it. So far I've replaced all the brake lines hoses calipers pads and rotors, washed claybared polished and waxed, next im going to work on fixing some minor things like the dew wipes and a vacuum leak. I also got some nice speakers coming as well.
Here is the picture from the ad before I bought it.

And these I took yesterday with my friends fancy Nikon D90.

These are enkei 17x7 up front 17x8 rear in goodyear f1 asymmetrics. Painted calipers black with duplicolor spray can. Rotors are from summit, pads are ebc.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
It looks fantastic.

I love the wheels. If you lowered it a bit, and went with the corvette 12 inch upgrade for the rotors and stock calipers, it would really finish off the look.

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, it would look like this
kennn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnDirect Link to This Post
Really nice paint job. How old is it? Congrats, nice car.

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
You're killing me. Now I want to have my yellow Form painted black when I have it repainted! Too bad I'd be beaten to death if I changed colors.

Very nice looking car overall!
Johnny Smith

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny SmithClick Here to visit Johnny Smith's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johnny SmithDirect Link to This Post
and you covered your license plate because.....????
Spaxspore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaxsporeSend a Private Message to SpaxsporeDirect Link to This Post
because some peeps dont like their license numbers floating around.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

You're killing me. Now I want to have my yellow Form painted black when I have it repainted! Too bad I'd be beaten to death if I changed colors.

Very nice looking car overall!

The yellow Fiero Gods would attack you in your sleep!
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Thanks all!
I want to lower it and do coilovers and the brembo brake upgrade but I've got other priorities for my cash right now.
The paint was on there when the PO had it and he had it only a couple years. I'm the 3rd owner. Car only has 27k miles btw. The paint job looks better than it actually is because I just spent last weekend claying, polishing, and waxing it with Meguiar's 1-2-3. It probably doesn't show up but there is some gold flake in the paint that makes it look real purdy in the sun. I also polished the tails with mother's plastic polish and a foam applicator pad, you don't really need to buy one of those headlight kits. I'm going to do the same on my g6 probably next weekend.
Fiero123 I wish it would magically turn into a t top too!
Zigaroo, I love black cars, but all else being equal I'd trade you for the yellow one
I covered my plate just to get a few extra replies from coots. j/k
jeffdean42

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdean42Send a Private Message to jeffdean42Direct Link to This Post
no deal what kind of paint?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
That's too funny! I painted my formula over the winter and we mixed "gold glass" into the clear coat when we sprayed it. So apparently we have matching cars with matching paint. Lol
PFF
System Bot
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
A nice looking car!!
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Sorry I don't know what kind of paint it is, it came on the car along with a pep boys pin stripe I had to remove. I don't think it was done professionally or if it was it didnt cost much. There quite a few specs and some orange peel. There is even some dripping, I dunno what youd call it technically on the left front bumper. I like the metal flake in it though it looks black in average light but in bright light it gets a bronze like shine to it. Of course when eventually have it repainted I will go with stock black, probably hehe.
shuribob

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shuribobSend a Private Message to shuribobDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking ride. DARTH FIERO........

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock