Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Saw a Fiero on "Cops" today... was it yours?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Saw a Fiero on "Cops" today... was it yours? by Fierfly
Started on: 06-17-2010 12:25 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: GT86FASTBACK on 06-19-2010 02:03 AM
Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
My husband watches "Cops" ad nauseum...
Imagine his surprise when I said "That's a Fiero! Hit record!"
He couldn't believe I was actually looking at the screen, considering how much I ***** about it being on all the time.

But there it was, and it got a lot of screen time, several angles. Far more footage than Jeannie Bueller's did.

The show was dated 04-08-2006, Epsiode 693, and the segment was taped in Anchorage, Alaska. It was striking how low to the horizon the satellite dishes were pointed.

It was a white notchie, bumper-pad, appeared to be an 84 2m4/6.
It had a luggage rack, but I did not get a good look at vent covers.
The hood had a decal/paint design on it, a pair of stripes going down the middle of the hood then out to the right and left, kinda like a J and an L.

Anyone claim this car?

Oh, by the way... the segment was...
"Officers respond to a call about a man trying to sell or trade a juvenile female in exchange for crack cocaine. "

The car was in front of the apartment in question, just down the street from the crackhouse.

Your car? Anyone???

------------------
A good man is hard to find...but a good Fiero mechanic is "rare".

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Not my car, but I'm gonna have to find that episode now. I love COPS, I love Fieros. It's a win win!
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
you know, i thought i saw a Fiero on "Modern Marvels"...."Mountain Roads" the other day too. in the first 5 mins or so. a story about the construction of I-80, the Donner pass job. i love looking in the background for cool lookin cars.
Later
Daniel
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Boonie? Is that your car? Is this why you had to leave Alaska?
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

you know, i thought i saw a Fiero on "Modern Marvels"...."Mountain Roads" the other day too. in the first 5 mins or so. a story about the construction of I-80, the Donner pass job. i love looking in the background for cool lookin cars.
Later
Daniel

I was watching that show but didn't notice any Fieros. Not exactly paying a lot of attention however.

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
So, did you hit Record? And is it going to wind up on youtube?
Fierfly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
It is on my husband's DirecTV DVR...if someone can tell me how to go from that to youtube i s'pose we could try.
I haven't looked for episodes online yet.
DefEddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post
I think on directv dvr you have to watch it over again while streaming to a tv tuner card or similar.
I was going to use one of our DVR's at another house to record a show we don't get on our cable,but it was pointless since I had to watch it to get it onto my laptop. Or some nonsense like that.
Luckily Hulu carries the show,so I stopped trying to figure out how to do it.

Could be different now.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Not sure where you got the episode number from but it is not correct.
The date is correct.
http://www.tvrage.com/Cops/episode_guide/18

Season: 18
Episode: 668:18x25
Title: Coast to Coast #100
Date Aired: Apr/08/2006
Detectives Tony Moreno and Brian Nicholas of the Pittsburgh, PA, Bureau of Police approach two individuals they suspect are involved in an illegal "hand to hand" drug transaction. When a suspect turns and attempts to dispose of a handgun, the detectives arrest both individuals without any hesitation. After it is discovered that the detained suspect's mouth is filled with crack, he dramatically laments his situation, calling himself a "loser."

In a disturbing and shocking segment, Officers Jack Carson and Sally Jones of the Anchorage, AK, Police Department respond to bizarre call about a male suspect attempting to sell or trade a juvenile female for crack cocaine.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 06-18-2010).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
not sure anyone here would own up being the guy trading a little girl for crack.......

....but, could be wrong
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
It probably belonged to greasemonke50613.
PFF
System Bot
Fierfly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

not sure anyone here would own up being the guy trading a little girl for crack.......

....but, could be wrong

LOL That was kinda my point. I expected more posts like this one:

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

Boonie? Is that your car? Is this why you had to leave Alaska?

...Oh and thanks, Oreif, i got the bad number from some site, i forget which one. You mean not everything i find online is accurate?? LOL

[This message has been edited by Fierfly (edited 06-18-2010).]

hksteck84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

It probably belonged to greasemonke50613.

LMAO that would fit wouldn't it.
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
I saw that one... They were responding to a call where the guy was trying to sell his little girl for drugs. The step mom asked the police to arrest him for child neglect. Deff was a white notchie, parked infront of some trailer looking homes....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock