Scion rims on eBay by TONY_C
Started on: 06-11-2010 03:24 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: faaaaq on 06-15-2010 12:55 AM
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CDirect Link to This Post
Just picked these up off of eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item35a9f19871

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Nice deal!
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
So do these just pop right on? They look nice!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

So do these just pop right on? They look nice!

I believe the center bore has to be slightly machined larger to fit the Fiero hub.

Edit......unless you want to use 1/4" spacers but I wouldn't recommend it.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-11-2010).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
NIce deal! I paid $400 for mine, thought they were new, and came with new tires mounted on them with the stickers still on the tires

Yea, you have to have them bored aprox 1mm. I took my Doughnut from my Fiero with me, along with the Scion rims to the machine shop so they could get an exact measurement to bore them out.

LS1swap

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
anyone have any pics of the rim on a fiero?

------------------
LS1 v8 T-Top 87 GT

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040710-2-027739.html

CrazyBernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBernieSend a Private Message to CrazyBernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LS1swap:

anyone have any pics of the rim on a fiero?

Carver1's yellow choptop has 'em.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/052196.html#p38
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me, or do others see the mismatch between the spokes and bolt holes when even number spokes are used inconjuction with odd an number bolt patern, IE 6 spokes 5 lugs. Maybe its because I'm a bit of an artest but my eyes go right to that out of balance someone-messed-up-the-design look. Whereas I'm looking for some nice 17" its making my search a lill harder.
CrazyBernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBernieSend a Private Message to CrazyBernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Is it just me, or do others see the mismatch between the spokes and bolt holes when even number spokes are used inconjuction with odd an number bolt patern, IE 6 spokes 5 lugs. Maybe its because I'm a bit of an artest but my eyes go right to that out of balance someone-messed-up-the-design look. Whereas I'm looking for some nice 17" its making my search a lill harder.

Doesn't bug me, but it could be why some wheels (like my Supra's rims) have bolt covers.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T: Is it just me, or do others see the mismatch between the spokes and bolt holes when even number spokes are used inconjuction with odd an number bolt patern, IE 6 spokes 5 lugs. Maybe its because I'm a bit of an artest but my eyes go right to that out of balance someone-messed-up-the-design look. Whereas I'm looking for some nice 17" its making my search a lill harder.

I'm like that, too. But oddly enough, I don't mind an odd number of spokes (like 7 or 9) on a 5-lug wheel. And of course, any multiple of 5 will work. Likewise, I don't mind an even number of spokes on a 4-lug wheel.

That said, there are lots of 17" wheels on eBay with the 5x100mm bolt pattern. If you're a fan of 5-spoke / 5-star wheels like I am, then there should be several brands / models that will catch your eye. Here are a couple examples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=260616597263

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=290437130517

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=360185376746
DefEddie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post
OCD
PFF
System Bot
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

i dont even notice the bolts when i look at wheels. but, looking at them on PURPOSE, these rims do look a bit "off"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock