Started on: 06-09-2010 07:40 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Gokart Mozart on 07-22-2010 08:20 AM
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a good source for car show sign? Need one by Carlisle.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
You mean the things that sit infront of your car? If so, I would make a temporary one and buy one up in Carlisle. If you can't wait though, go to showboards.com
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
I made a stand using aluminum. You drive over it with a front tire. Sign is printed vinyl on plastic, velcroed on and the whole thing fits in the trunk.

White Spyder

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White SpyderSend a Private Message to White SpyderDirect Link to This Post
I put one together with PVC pipe that slipps around the tire at the base to hold it. Printed a sign and had it laminated. It velcrows to the stand and compleatly brakes down to parts to take up VERY little room. I'll post a photo after I return from the Power Tour.

[This message has been edited by White Spyder (edited 06-09-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'v been contemplating making one of these for my fiero's
redwingshat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwingshatSend a Private Message to redwingshatDirect Link to This Post
Try this guy he's good, reasonably priced and i believe you know the family already

http://leppoinnovations.com/boards.html

[This message has been edited by redwingshat (edited 06-09-2010).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Check with MinnGreenGT here on the forum.....he used to make up some pretty nice ones.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
L.I. This is where i got mine very nice and very cheap !!!!! he does great work !!!~Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

[This message has been edited by Hardpact (edited 06-10-2010).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

I made a stand using aluminum. You drive over it with a front tire. Sign is printed vinyl on plastic, velcroed on and the whole thing fits in the trunk.

Small sign and disassembles are the key points for a Fiero show sign. The large ones will either not fit well or in time get damaged.

I have a similar set up on a free standing stand.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
There are 2 ways to do it.
If you go to the websites that make them, expect to pay $100 to $300 for a nice one.
Some of the more popular and high quality places are:
http://carzigns.com/
http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/showpackage.html
http://www.metalimagecreati...ow%20car%20signs.htm

My first sign was drawn by myself using photoshop. I made it a standard 18" X 24". I then emailed the picture to a local Kinko's store and they printed it on a glossy 1/4" foam board for $40 (in full high res color) and I paid about $20 for a frame at Target that used lexan instead of glass. The best thing is you email to a local Kinko's in the morning and pick it up after lunch. Most pro places can take a week to three weeks to get it done.

After I did the V-8 swap I had Carzines do a sign for me and it now sits in the same frame.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 06-10-2010).]

White Spyder

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for White SpyderSend a Private Message to White SpyderDirect Link to This Post
Here is what I use. Total cost about $8.00 and it all disasembles and fits in the bottom of the trunk!

[This message has been edited by White Spyder (edited 06-23-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
With just about any Ink Jet printer, you can make a really nice sign up that will be long lasting and rain / weather proof. You can buy the Ink Jet Vinyl to print on, when it dries, in about 10 minutes, it is completely water proof. I printed up some stuff, and ran it under the kitchen faucet, and even scrubbed it lightly with a green scrubbie, and no ink has come off of it. It makes a perfect sign, as it is much firmer and thicker than paper, and will not wrinkle up when printed with heavy ink. It also does not need to be laminated.

The vinyl is from a company named Papilio. The vinyl Ink Jet sheets can be found at:
http://www.papilio.com/inkj...%20film%20media.html

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I just use Paint or Microsoft Office to make the signs. It dont pay to spend big money on permanent signs for a car your always modifying. In one year, the Showboards sign I had for the Magnum was totally out of date, looked like another car.

Make up the nice signs on your inkjet printer and put them in hard plastic sleeves you can get at an office supply. Then use a cheap $10-$20 wooden easel you can pick up at like Hobby Lobby...paint to match or whatever.
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

There are 2 ways to do it.
If you go to the websites that make them, expect to pay $100 to $300 for a nice one.
Some of the more popular and high quality places are:
http://carzigns.com/
http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/showpackage.html
http://www.metalimagecreati...ow%20car%20signs.htm

My first sign was drawn by myself using photoshop. I made it a standard 18" X 24". I then emailed the picture to a local Kinko's store and they printed it on a glossy 1/4" foam board for $40 (in full high res color) and I paid about $20 for a frame at Target that used lexan instead of glass. The best thing is you email to a local Kinko's in the morning and pick it up after lunch. Most pro places can take a week to three weeks to get it done.

After I did the V-8 swap I had Carzines do a sign for me and it now sits in the same frame.

Hey Dave don't forget I can make them to. Here is one I just did. This was a 24"x36" sign board that he made a custom stand for after it was complete. This ran about $150 mounted on 1/8" White PVC

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 06-21-2010).]

Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post
Earl,

If you go with a "big" sign, make sure you measure your trunk first. Just a suggestion.

I guees you need to explain what your looking for a little better.

Jason
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
TOO LATE! I think i can get it there if i take the sunroof out!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
It's a bit pricy but a bow flag would be original. Works indoors and outdoors.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Make up something in A3 or larger with photoshop and get it printed up at a print shop,
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

It's a bit pricy but a bow flag would be original. Works indoors and outdoors.

I would be careful about using something like this. An unexpected gust of wind could knock it down and it could hit your car or the car next to you.

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice touch. clean

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

I would be careful about using something like this. An unexpected gust of wind could knock it down and it could hit your car or the car next to you.

It says it can withstand 63 mph gusts. If it's that windy, it'll need to be taken down anyway.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock