gated shifter? by baker4life
Started on: 06-07-2010 01:11 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Australian on 06-07-2010 05:40 AM
baker4life

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for baker4lifeSend a Private Message to baker4lifeDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone, hope everyone is enjoying the summer with there cars. I am looking into putting in
a gated shifter, i think that's what they call it.... the one's ferrari have. I wanted to ask if anyone has done it
for there Fiero and if so where can I purchase one . Any information is gladly appreciated. Enjoy your
summer cruising along.
thanks
baker
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Last i saw someone makes a gated look to them but not functional. Theres gates there but the fiero shifter does not move into the gates. Im looking into doing this as well.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure there is too much "play" in our shifters for this to be 100% functional and look good. The ones that are for looks only is the best bet. Ferraris have a little more closer tolerances I would imagine. Maybe if you used a real thin shifter arm, like Rodney's? That would give you more wiggle room for the gates.

------------------
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus"

"For Sale"

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/075871.html similar thread
This is my design I believe it should pose no inteference with a 5 speed i haven't found anyone to make them for a reasonable price. If you do use my design i would like one also as i will permit to use my design if you can get me one too at a reasonable price.

Dimensions are 6" x 4" if you can print to that size it should be the template.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 06-07-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock