Mr Mike's cloth seats by Daredevil05
Started on: 06-03-2010 08:38 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Amethyst on 06-10-2010 11:02 PM
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Does anyone have the Mr Mike's seats in cloth? If so could you post closeup pics of the cloth itself and what do you think of the cloth seat?

Dave
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Direct Link to This Post
yes, i have a set of black and grey. they look great in the car. pm me your email address. i can send pictures to you that way. i may be a day or two to email you. my car is in the shop for a tune up. should be home tomorrow.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I believe synthesis has a set of them, he posted a picture of them in a recent thread about mr mikes leather seats.
temulance

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for temulanceSend a Private Message to temulanceDirect Link to This Post
when I get my Mr. Mikes seats im going cloth. Leather is just too darn hot here in FL! Been there, Done that! Good luck and post some pix if you get!

Thanks
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

I believe synthesis has a set of them, he posted a picture of them in a recent thread about mr mikes leather seats.

Mine are Leather.
But thanks for thinking of me.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Oops, sorry. Thought they were cloth. They look great though!!!
Max The Chainsaw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawDirect Link to This Post
We just put Mr. Mikes cloth seats in my wife's 88GT. Seats are awesome!!

Here are a couple pics

She painted the OEM seat badges herself.

Max
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
After having owned lots of used and new cars with leather seats, I hate them. No matter the care, if you use the car, they go to hell in no time. I used best leather conditioners, kept them spotless in my 04 Magnum. It had 20,000 when I sold it and drivers side had cracks starting to appear all over. If I have a choice, cloth seats are the only way to go for me. My old New Yorker (40 years old) had brocade cloth and they looked nearly like new except for one seam. An upholstery shop could have fixed it in 1/2 hour for $25. Ive had a few sets of Mr Mikes, and they were def quality stuff ...even though they were leather
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
I gotta agree with Roger this time. No leather for me.

I didn't know Mr. Mikes was making cloth seats but its awesome to have him as a source if I ever need new ones.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I am just the opposite... I love leather, easy to clean, doesn't trap dirt/dust/fast food.

J.
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
Well I see Max beat me to this thread... lol

Here is a close up of the cloth seats:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Here is a link to my page with more high resolution pictures of my cloth seats:

http://princess-of-moon-ser...on-serena/index.html

------------------

PFF
System Bot
CrazyBernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBernieSend a Private Message to CrazyBernieDirect Link to This Post
Ha ha, that's a slick purple fiero, but you really need to do something about that e-brake button. ^_^
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
How much are the cloth seat covers?

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 06-05-2010).]

fierofury

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

After having owned lots of used and new cars with leather seats, I hate them. No matter the care, if you use the car, they go to hell in no time. I used best leather conditioners, kept them spotless in my 04 Magnum. It had 20,000 when I sold it and drivers side had cracks starting to appear all over. If I have a choice, cloth seats are the only way to go for me. My old New Yorker (40 years old) had brocade cloth and they looked nearly like new except for one seam. An upholstery shop could have fixed it in 1/2 hour for $25. Ive had a few sets of Mr Mikes, and they were def quality stuff ...even though they were leather

What about leatherette? How do they hold up? I might do the cloth / leatherette combo like I saw somewhere on Mr. Mikes website. Leatherette on the sides to hopefully elminate the "classic tear" and cloth in the middle so I stay cool.
bakantor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bakantorSend a Private Message to bakantorDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking seats!

If you have kids, especially young ones you'll start to really appreciate leather for it's ability to repel milk and other unwanted bodily fluids.

That being said, not all leather is the same. My Excursion has leather seats... the quality is slightly less as you go back from the front to row 2 to row 3. I've got 100K on it and the only marginal spot is due to the prior owner and even then it's just scuffed. Some of the immitation stuff on the arm rest, however, has cracked. Our Honda Odyssey also has great leather. However a Mazda 626 I sat in years ago sucked!

I'm still debating but suspect I'll go leather when I do my seats.
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

How much are the cloth seat covers?

About a third what the leather seats cost, and half the cost of leatherette!! (around $350 give or take options, + shipping etc.)

------------------

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyBernie:

Ha ha, that's a slick purple fiero, but you really need to do something about that e-brake button. ^_^

Ok, I'll bite, what about the e-brake button?

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofury:

What about leatherette? How do they hold up? I might do the cloth / leatherette combo like I saw somewhere on Mr. Mikes website. Leatherette on the sides to hopefully elminate the "classic tear" and cloth in the middle so I stay cool.

I had all the leather tore out of my Corvette convertible because of all the cracking I knew off the bat no one would ever buy a vette without 'leather' so I had them done in the same red in Naugahyde. That stuff will not wear out and looks almost exactly like leather without being cheap vinyl. I had naugahyde in my Ferrari kit too. I put 100K on it in less than 7 years and they looked exactly the same as the day they were put in. If i cant get cloth, I get naugahyde everytime. Ill never have leather given any choice. My Sebring has leather, but its roll and pleated suede and its ok especially for a convertible.

CrazyBernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBernieSend a Private Message to CrazyBernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amethyst:

Ok, I'll bite, what about the e-brake button?

It's yellowed/orange... doesn't exactly match the rest of your decor... ^_^
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-10-2010 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I have had better luck with leather then cloth.... ( not got Mr Mikes yet.. but i plan to when i get to that point )
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyBernie:

It's yellowed/orange... doesn't exactly match the rest of your decor... ^_^

laugh.. it's on the floor... and I don't see it... or I'd probably paint it!! lol

------------------

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock