Arrival of Donor Car! by Westy
Started on: 06-03-2010 02:49 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Westy on 06-04-2010 01:35 AM
Westy

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Well, title pretty much sums it up. It's roughly 2 am here in Iowa where I'm just getting home with my new(ish) '86 GT donor. Drove across the state, about a 4 1/2 hour drive with a trailor :S Didn't really help matters having to drive through construction 1/4 of the way there, but o well. On a better note it cost me $70 for gas on top of the $300 I paid for the car, so I feel I did rather well. Unfortunatley, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post pics or that would have been my first move. Perhaps someone can help me out?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I use photo bucket and use the [IMG][/IMG] tags. Or you can email em to me and i will get them up asap. krisantuzzi@hotmail.com
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
I'm attaching them as we speak, Thanks!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
cool. I will check my email in a minute.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

11151 posts
Member since Feb 2009
Posting for westy. You got a great deal! If you part it let me know. DIBS on tail lights and ¼ windows

This pic will not rotate. Huh...
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Go to the bottom center of this page. You'll see a box titled "Pennocks Image Poster". Click on it and follow the instructions. The photo bucket pics will disappear in a few months leaving the thread with red x boxes
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Well, the guy said it started overheating like 7 years ago so he parked it and hasn't touched it. If I can fix it for relatively cheap I will just fix her up. If not, I do plan to part it out, although, I also have an '88 coupe I will probably convert to the fastback. I considered doing a custom taillight section, but the stock lamps are growing on me a bit. To be honest, the tail lights are in excellent condition for sitting that long. One of the quarter windows has one spider crack about the size of a quarter which kind of bummed me out but what can you do.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Westy:

Well, the guy said it started overheating like 7 years ago so he parked it and hasn't touched it. If I can fix it for relatively cheap I will just fix her up. If not, I do plan to part it out, although, I also have an '88 coupe I will probably convert to the fastback. I considered doing a custom taillight section, but the stock lamps are growing on me a bit. To be honest, the tail lights are in excellent condition for sitting that long. One of the quarter windows has one spider crack about the size of a quarter which kind of bummed me out but what can you do.

either way...300 bucks is a smoking hot deal!
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Is the oil fresh, other than having sat for 7 years? Maybe he took it for an oil change, and the crushed the water tubes?
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
well, is it good if the oil closely resembles brake fluid lol. I checked the oil, it's full, but has the density of water. Brakes are shot a well so i have to go in and see if it is just the lines or if im going to have replace everything. another question i have is tthe car wouldn't turn over. perhaps i didnt have the battery charged enough but i was wondering if sitting here for that long was mess with the starter or something.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

well, is it good if the oil closely resembles brake fluid lol. I checked the oil, it's full, but has the density of water. Brakes are shot a well so i have to go in and see if it is just the lines or if im going to have replace everything. another question i have is tthe car wouldn't turn over. perhaps i didnt have the battery charged enough but i was wondering if sitting here for that long was mess with the starter or something.

It actually could have that consistency if it is synthetic oil. If there is water to it, it will have a milky appearance to the oil. As for the battery, if you just charged it and didn't try to jump start the car, it may not have worked. No matter how long you charge a bad battery, it will always be bad. If the car was sitting for 7 years, that battery took a dirt nap a long time ago.
PFF
System Bot
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Well i used the battery from my coupe that i bought a few weeks ago, so i know the battery isn't the issue. when i turn it onto accessory the oil gauge read at nothing, but that may not work..
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Are you hearing anything at all when you try to start it? Any click or anything coming from the starter? Could be the starter solenoid, or it could be seized. Take a ratchet and socket and try to turn the crankshaft to see if it will move.
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
alright, i'll see if i can do that here in a bit and wwwwe shall see where it gets me.
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post

Westy

216 posts
Member since Apr 2010
Well i charged her for a little while longer and shes turning over.. the gas gauge shows 1/2 tank, so maybe the gas is so bad it wont fire up?
Ramsespride

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Well i charged her for a little while longer and shes turning over.. the gas gauge shows 1/2 tank, so maybe the gas is so bad it wont fire up?

thats a great possibility actually. the longer it sits the better chance it has turned to a varnish like liquid. your best bet is to drop the tank and change the fuel pump, filter and try to blow the lines clean with an aircompressor WHEN THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED to anything.

also check the rubber lines for cracks, breaks and for a slimey goop after you energize the pump.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Good find, and for $300!
Please try to save that car, and not part it out. Even more so if the frame is not rusty. I obviously can't stop you, and its sad that the parts are at times worth more then the car as a whole, but i hate seeing so many Fiero's being parted out.
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'm going to do what I can in order to save the car. Swapping out the fastback, bumpers, dash, decklid pop don't really sound like a ton of fun to me, but if I have to drop a grand or two into a car I paid so little for doesn't seem logical either. I considered selling my notchback to come up with a little extra dough. I also have a big truck and a motorcycle which tend to hog most of my earnings the way it is. Little bit caught in the middle of what I should do. Looking at a few notchies on PFF makes me want to keep mine, beings its an '88, and they are really starting to grow on me.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock