Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Austin Texas Fun Run aka Fiero gathering (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Austin Texas Fun Run aka Fiero gathering by revin
Started on: 06-02-2010 09:49 AM
Replies: 62
Last post by: Centex Pilot on 07-12-2010 10:40 AM
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
July 10,2010 Sat.

I have been contacted by some new and old fiero lovers to meet up and have a little talking and running of the Fiero in Austin's hill country and around. EVERYONE is invited out of towners as well

Here is the deal....
NO shirts (to be given out)
NO awards
NO trophies ( sorry Blake )
No assigned hotels either. ( contact me and I can get ya some listings)
NO restrictions, do what you want! (As in leave when you want or come when you want) but there will be a strick time schedule of events.

In other words.....a no frills event! (makes it easier on me.....)

So I was thinking about some time around mid-July ( date announced) big day of run is Sat. so come visit on Friday rest and be ready if you need to.
We will gather somewhere early talk a bit, wait shortly for late comers and get fueled up and ready to run! Then take off for a LONG ride!
I will take everyone up and around some fun twisties, a hill climb or two (or three+ )
After you get all hot and tired, ( oh yeah , this is a NO A/C trip so you can sweat like me lol) we will end up at a lake to swim, or drown your favorite person and get the cars nice and dusty. (talk to Blake for a car wash )

Food: well I can take us to a nice place for food, or we can truck in some hot dogs and burgers for the lake! Let me know what you prefer.

( The lake may be a natural springs instead ( http://www.krausesprings.net/index.html or http://www.lcra.org/parks/d...parks/pace_bend.html

So who's in???

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 06-06-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Even though I don`t have a running Fiero I`m in.
There are some great drives around the lake and this area in general.
I can always take the essentials in my truck if necessary (if we go to the lake)
Floats, food, chairs, etc.
Mike
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
If I haven't sold my Fiero, I'm in.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Count me in.....

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
If I say ...Fiero optional, and you bring something else, you may be asked to use your car/truck for haulin' supplies. ( food, cover, water, etc)

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I'm probably in... July 24th is my birthday (read family obligations) and the NTFC club meeting...

if you are open to date ideas... I'd be open for either the week before (17th) or after (31st).

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Revin's Hill Country Road Rally. Sounds good to me too!!

Bitte ein Bier?

And Blake, yes I did

Revin the first link wouldnt work, but this one does:

http://www.krausesprings.net/index.html

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-02-2010).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I will check to see the schedule later - but if i'm not doing anything plan on me being there and maybe a few others from the area.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
IM IN once i get my new 3800sc in!!!! just a matter of time ... maybe days...
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GS Jon:

If I haven't sold my Fiero, I'm in.

What he said or if I have, I might still come.
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
EVERYONE is invited out of towners as well...

Well, since EVERYONE is invited, hahaha COUNT ME AND GG in!!!

or drown your favorite person

And no your not my favorite person, haha, BUT ILL DROWN U Revin!

------------------
AutoMark... the "Mark" of excellence

PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
ok sounds like a large group!!

Blake ...dates noted.
Mark....do you feel lucky punk??
Jose.. thanks for the link fix( still looking for a roof for ya )
Tim....can't wait to see you group of friends!
Ghost.....get off the comp. and get that thing in!! Oh and your reg fee is a 3800sc to me
Smithgt....good post! at least you did not SAY yes or no! your learning well grasshopper!! but be here

this is a rain or shine event!! Not like those wimps @ AER If it rains....lol it's in the middle of Summer! no rain will happen!

I will try to flag everyone's "car for sale ad" I see in Craig's list so ya'll will have a car to make it with!
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

ok sounds like a large group!!

I will try to flag everyone's "car for sale ad" I see in Craig's list so ya'll will have a car to make it with!

So you are the one.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
sorry...starting .....in two weeks
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Ah, then maybe I'll bring the Z28. I think it needs to have its legs stretched a bit.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like fun, wish I could be there. Ya'll have a good time and post lots of pics.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to make it--depending of the date.. If I have to come in the truck, I will be happy to haul supplies for the lake/springs thing..
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Mark....do you feel lucky punk??

BOY! You forget that beatin I put on ya?
One word for ya, salsa bar....
fierosa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosaClick Here to visit fierosa's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosaDirect Link to This Post
Depending on the date selected, 10th would be a nogo... otherwise count me in!

Desirae votes for the lake and cookout and drowning Revin

RDW

------------------
Rob White, Atascosa Texas

The Pontiac Fiero, Americas Go-Cart for Grownups....

[This message has been edited by fierosa (edited 06-03-2010).]

Centex Pilot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Centex PilotSend a Private Message to Centex PilotDirect Link to This Post
Should have mine done by then so definitely count me in and thanks for putting this together!
Steve
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

So I was thinking about some time around mid-July ( date to be announced soon) big day of run is Sat. so come visit on Friday rest and be ready if you need to.

With my week on/week off schedule I have off the 11th thru the 18th and the 26th thru the 1st of August. Switching from nights to days, days I show up Monday morning, nights Sunday night. The 11th thru the 18th would be my preferred date.
I don't know those hills as well. Sounds like fun.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Still trying to find a "nice Fiero safe" place to park at a lake!
If MY car can't handle big rock and "off-roading" then I won't put ya'll through it either!

I will try to finalize a date this weekend. Thanks for the dates that are do-able! ( I can pick and choose who comes ) joking!!

krasse springs is fairly small, kinda slick in spots, but great parking.
Travis....well I will work on it...don't want to off road to much
Bastrop state park.... not so many "good roads" to play on...

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 06-04-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Pick a date!!!...you're as slow as that car you drive... he he
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Still trying to find a "nice Fiero safe" place to park at a lake!

Want me to bring my backhoe and dig a big hole in your front yard so you can fill it with water?

off topic, but would the prson/persons hosting this year's Ruckus shoot me a PM?
I have sumthin for you.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

off topic, but would the prson/persons hosting this year's Ruckus shoot me a PM?
I have sumthin for you.

Tom and them don't frequent the forums much... but I will call him and pass along your phone number, or ask his permission to give you his. I need to call them anyway, see if they would like to start a Ruckus thread, or if they wanted me to do it.

Centex Pilot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Centex PilotSend a Private Message to Centex PilotDirect Link to This Post
What about City Park and Lake Austin. Fun roads like old spicewood between 360 and anderson mill, 2222 from balcones to city park road, mount bonnell on the back way or enfield to pecos to senic to balcones to mt bonnell road to 222 to city park road...that's a pretty fun drive! Unfortunately, there is a fee to get into city park but plenty of flat areas to park a large group of cars together and you can wade right into lake austin. Also, for those of you that actually want to use the water to swim in...they have restrooms as well! We did it in highschool and college all the time. We could then hit waterloo icehouse at 222/360 or county line BBQ on 2222.

Steve
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Centex, those are great roads, but when you get 10 or more cars strung out it`s hard to keep everybody together.
In the past, event organizers have tried to keep the stop lights and 2-lane roads to a minimum.
I know the events I have been to, it helps having stops along the way, for everyone to regroup and catch up.
I have been on a couple drives, where my speedo was constantly buried trying to keep up to the lead cars and I was only 1/2 way back.
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Steve,
I will get with you and TXGOOD(mike) and we can go "route looking" together if you want!
I am busy this weekend but next sat??
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good to me.
I should be free.
Mike
PFF
System Bot
Centex Pilot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Centex PilotSend a Private Message to Centex PilotDirect Link to This Post
Next weekend, I'll be at sectionals in college station for one son and then san antonio for maiden with the other sat night and then back to college station sunday.

I'll do some more thinking...been here since 68 so I ought to know a few roads. I did not think about stoplights and 2 lanes...

What about something on 290 towards johnson city? No lake but it's a nice drive. We could then hit flores outside of dripping springs or nutty brown cafe on the way back. We could get a great picture of the skyline off the overlook on the eastside of 360 north which is the way we would head back to north austin afterwards.

Anyways...we'll make the next a PM!

Steve
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
fierosa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosaClick Here to visit fierosa's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosaDirect Link to This Post
While the cruse is a big draw the dinner or cookout coupled with the water option (read mid July) were the biggest draw for this father daughter team

Just sayin

------------------
Rob White, Atascosa Texas

The Pontiac Fiero, Americas Go-Cart for Grownups....

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
17th or 31st works for me as I am off those weekends....
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Well the date is set.
Sat. July 10, 2010
We WILL bel eaving by ------ am on the dot!!(let ya know later on, thinking about 10am) No sitting around BSing all day. come earlier for that or hold off till we stop for fuel or food.

Like or not, I am truely sorry for those that can not make it. That is just how it goes sometimes for all of us. I have been there as well.

The dates that ya'll post were acknowledged, but not reason for the date picked, just so nobody thinks there are favorites being made.
This is just a little gathering to get a new guy (Steve, aka Centex Pilot) and anyone else to meet everyone and have a very nice drive around the Austin hill country and end up at a lake to eat and drown AutoMark.

I am in the works for a boat ride as well(still up in the air)
like that or rather swim?
This "may" be a two tank fill up. would the out of towners mind that? All that driving? let ya know later
Does anyone need hotel info?
food request?
I need everyones input(on everything ) that can make it so we ALL have a GREAT time. Just remember that as hard as I may try, I will not be able to make all happy so no sour pusses

just fill up the car and come with up and coming club in Austin<<<<opps did that slip out?!?

I would sure like old Smooth to try to make it somehow. I know I'm asking alot there eh it's a try

ok .................let me hear it......

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

revin

8684 posts
Member since Aug 2001

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 06-29-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
and have a very nice drive around the Austin hill country and end up at a lake to eat and drown AutoMark..,
doesnt sound good

I am in the works for a boat ride as well(still up in the air)
sounds AWESOME!

This "may" be a two tank fill up...
thats fine

Does anyone need hotel info?
sure

food request?
YYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!
Magnolia Cafe (original location) - www.cafemagnolia.com
2304 Lake Austin Boulevard, Austin - (512) 478-8645, or Magnolia Cafe South - www.cafemagnolia.com
1920 South Congress Avenue, Austin - (512) 445-0000

I will not be able to make all happy...
surprise, surprise

just fill up the car and come with up and coming club in Austin...
does that now mean 3 tanks...

ok .................let me hear it......
you hit like a girl
There Rev, all your questions answered???

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I sorry this request is from an unknown source.....
"CRAP why does Auto mouth have to come".....

I am sorry to say Mark...The group has spoken and..You have been kicked off the tour

I know you want to come play with the big boys, but......stay in the kiddie pool

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 06-07-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock