Prius headlights? by Darth88Formula
Started on: 05-24-2010 12:34 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Terry_w on 05-24-2010 10:26 PM
Darth88Formula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone given any thought to putting late model prius headlights on your fiero? I know it would involve a lot of body work and cutting and fitting, but I'm just wondering on what others thoughts on taking on such a project.

PIP was giving me issues with windows 7 but here's a link to a pic of the headlights I'm talking about.
http://www.treehugger.com/n...-prius-2010-n091.jpg
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Without extensive body mods... There isn't a chance they'll fit the look of the car.

That's just my opinion on it - but I think I'm right (don't we all?).
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
ive always wanted "wings" on the front of my car, like on Corvette "Stingrays"....those lights would probably work alright if the wings didnt taper down too much towards the front
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I will say sorry but unless you want the front to look like a SUV these lights cannot be fitted. The swooping angle means you would need to flow with the lines and to include the indicators you making one ugly fiero. There is no sense in lifting the height of the front end.
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I haven't looked side by side with a prius and a fiero next to eachother, but in passing, I think that the general slope of the top of the headlight matches up pretty well with the front end of the fiero. I'll have to get one side by side one of these days for a better comparision. But in passing, I've noticed that the headlight on the prius doesn't totally match up with the hood of the car perfectly, which is what lead me to believe they would match fairly well. I'm thinking I would have to mold the fenders into the hood and have the whole thing hinge up in one piece around the headlights in order to do it properly, similar to how the c4 corvette hood works.

Glad to have to responses, even if they don't match up with what is in my head, but that's what I'm looking for, honest opinions to keep me from doing something that would end up looking wrong.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
You'll need major modification for that to fit, but IMO I wouldn't use the Prius headlamp. I'd rather opt for the sportier 370Z headlamps. Either way, both lamps will be a pain to install, but the 370Z lamps is elongated (north and south) while the Prius is wider (east and west).
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
the 370 Z has a great look to the headlights too, I honestly forgot completely about them. Looks like its time to sneak on to the Toyota and Nissan dealership lots to take some measurements
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
here's your pic posted using PIP on windows 7

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock