Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Can Anyone Make a Custom HVAC Face Plate?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Can Anyone Make a Custom HVAC Face Plate? by Blacktree
Started on: 05-23-2010 10:45 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Blacktree on 05-24-2010 12:49 PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I want to change the color of illumination on my dash and console (to green). I've been able to address everything but the HVAC control panel. The lettering on the HVAC face plate has a reddish-orange color painted on the backside. I pulled off the face plate (it's just a sheet of thin plastic), and tried to clean off the reddish-orange paint with a Q-tip and some acetone. But unfortunately, some of the black came off, as well (and smudged up the lettering). Now it's all messed up.

Would someone be able to print up a copy of the HVAC face plate, but without the reddish-orange lettering? In other words, it would have white (or clear) lettering on a black background. If you can do this, please send me a PM or an email, and we can work out the details.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Check out the link below.... A now banned member changed all the lighting in his stock fiero dash n console to red led's.... Before being banned he was thinking of selling........ You can also catch him over at realfierotech.com ....... Tell him pavo/Eric sent u there, should u contact him....

Hope this helps some.....

Eric

edit to add link: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071876.html SOOOO sorry bout forgeting!!
------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 05-24-2010).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Did you forget the link?
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Enlighten me as to why you would refer a banned member of the forum? pavo_roddy
I would be highly unlikely to do business because he is banned from here.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

He was speed banned cuz people thought he spammed the Frazee MN website... While they were doing werk to Tyler's toy............ Whether u belive me or not, doesn't matter to me on this issue, but i've actually never read anything, not one single post here about his speed ban..... All I know about all this is what he told me, and that is what I reiterated above...

Personally, Emc209i, the banned member, we had made friends when I started the "Anything, and all things 3.4 DOHC" thread on this site.... Emc, is a stand up guy, even though i've never met him in person, so all this is based on what i've read from his past postings, our pm's, and our continous to this day, emails.........

Sorry man, sometimes he did infact come off a bit abrassive, like he was starting something..... That was his personality, his own style of witty banter, though these occurances were rare indeed....... An no, I didn't read every single one of his posts..... Or perhaps he was letting frustrations out, an he was being abrassive, I really cannot tell, like anyone else who can only read what is posted on the interwebs.......

Personally, I would honestly go with the former!! Without the residually born naievity that comes with 'Believing in people', a basis I try an stand tall beside always..... Hahaha, happy go lucky here man! .......... Anyways, I believe in Emc, I won't give his name out, cuz i'd rather NOT lose a buddy! An since this is a dead issue, I also see no need to beat him down again........ So if you know his name, please try an keep it to yurself, please......... So yeah, without ever hearing another person's side of the whole fiasco, I will believe in him, an since that thread, one where he did most of the werk in, he'll always be a bud! No matter what...!! The same goes for anyother person I might develop a friendship with in the future.....

Giving up on ANYONE, is an incredibly barbaric deed! Did he do it, with only his side of the tale, I still say he didn't, do I know this for sure? Doesn't matter to me, Boys 4 life! Thru think n thin, I'M IN!! As with any other friendship thas been made with me!!

So if Blacktree would do business, an even though i've never enlisted Emc for any contractual obligation, I would still give a seal of approval! He's done rite by me since that thread of ours....... Will he do business with Emc, that's up to Blacktree himself........ All I wanted to say, with my post, was that there is atleast one other option, besides a custom made faceplate......

Cuz as we all know, custom, in any hobby, means 2 things rite of the bat.... Time n money, not neccessarily in that order..... Am I right, by this being a cheaper route for Blacktree, personally, I couldn't tell u or anyone anything at all..... My idealology of a cool interior is different, and diversity is one of the truest things we all have in common! hehe........

Phew! Long post there.... ......

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Check out the link below.... A now banned member changed all the lighting in his stock fiero dash n console to red led's.... Before being banned he was thinking of selling........ You can also catch him over at realfierotech.com ....... Tell him pavo/Eric sent u there, should u contact him....

Hope this helps some.....

Eric

edit to add link: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071876.html SOOOO sorry bout forgeting!!

great link... great info from a banned member is just as good as great info from a current member. IMO

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

Enlighten me as to why you would refer a banned member of the forum? pavo_roddy
I would be highly unlikely to do business because he is banned from here.

You'll miss out a lot then. Because he was banned for a silly, dare I say political reason, no ones even been banned from this forum because their technical knowledge was poor.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post

Mr.PBody

3172 posts
Member since Oct 2006
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

He was speed banned cuz people thought he spammed the Frazee MN website... While they were doing werk to Tyler's toy............ Whether u belive me or not, doesn't matter to me on this issue, but i've actually never read anything, not one single post here about his speed ban..... All I know about all this is what he told me, and that is what I reiterated above...

[QUOTE]

What you can read is an apology to him about 3 pages later in the Tylers toy thread.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
It looks like I've found a solution. Thanks, everyone.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock