Started on: 05-21-2010 10:45 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Fformula88 on 05-22-2010 09:17 AM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
A few days ago my Fiero got hit in the rear passenger side in a parking lot somewhere in town.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081047.html

Today I took off the entire rear clip to inspect the damage. The strut tower on that side is now pushed in and a couple inches higher than it was, only connected to the frame by the brace that goes along the trunk wall, and a thin piece of sheet metal that used to be the upper frame rail. The rear bumper now sags about 2 inches lower than the driver's side. Rust and the accident have ruined the frame. I have no welding skills, and taking it to a mechanic in this town would probably run close to $3000. The car needs an entire new frame. Horribly, horribly depressed.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
im not familiar with your car but maybe this could be a blessing in disguise...new frame to work with Get a fastback if you want one instead of destroying a notchie? buy one with a transplant already done? try to think possitive i guess...or go on a rampage in town trying to find the pos who hit you.
fierofury

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that man.
jbrown

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jbrownSend a Private Message to jbrownDirect Link to This Post
check your pm
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Hope things turn out ok, man...
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Wow that really stinks!

If the frame is rotted, maybe this is a great time to start looking around for a replacement. For $3000, I just picked up a T-top Formula that is in overall terrific condition with not a single spot of rust on the frame. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080989.html

Locally here in Buffalo, there have been a number if interesting Fieros in good condition for sale as of late. If you have the cash I am sure you can find something.

BTW, do you know who hit the car? Can you turn it into their insurance? About 10 years ago, I had someone hit and total an 87 4 cyl coupe with 130K miles, a terribly rusted frame, and a motor that burned oil. Turned it into his insurance, and talked them up to $2000 for "repairs." With that money, I found an 85 SE V6 with 67K miles and a rust free chassis! It ended up being like a free trade in/upgrade (the hard way!).

Good luck!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock