Started on: 05-19-2010 10:24 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: Nurb432 on 05-25-2010 05:32 PM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Some time in the last couple days, some *&(!%$#!#$)_#!*%&*!#&%*^#!^%)#!^%&^#!)% mother #@^%&^#%!#^$%^#!%)&^ hit my car and ran off. I just noticed it today, when I looked in the rear view mirror, and noticed the battery cover was askew. Looks like they hit it HARD in the passenger rear, bending the framework that holds the rear clip on, and possibly the rear bumper itself.

Here, this isn't a crack, but where the sealant pulled away from the frame, exposing the original paint

Bumper pulled away from the tail light

Needless to say I was beyond pissed. Now I need to tear all the body panels off the back and hope I can pound it back into shape with a hammer or something, and the rear clip needs to be replaced.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
looks like a new paint job in well overdue... I'm sorry to hear that man, but it's everyone's first instinct to drive-off if no one is looking - you only tend to think about the damage when you're no longer insight.

------------------

For Fiero updates, visit: http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm
Primaris

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrismclubm:

looks like a new paint job in well overdue... I'm sorry to hear that man, but it's everyone's first instinct to drive-off if no one is looking - you only tend to think about the damage when you're no longer insight.

Only true scumbags think like that.

------------------
My Car Site www.flexyourrights.com
Just say NO!! to Automatic Transmissions!!
DRAG RACING - So easy a Caveman can do it!

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
Like it or not, the world is filled with scumbags...
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear this, I wish I had some parts to help you out.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
OK sorry but somebody is going to say it so might as well be me.....I'm sure that'll buff right out!

If it happened at home check out your neighbors cars for matching damage. chrismclubm is right I’m afraid. Younger drivers being stupid and scared of the repercussions typically will bolt if nobody is there to stop them. My neighbors kid mowed down my mailbox and left a nice blue/purple stripe on it from his Jeep. Wasn’t hard to figure out who did it.

Oh edit to say, call the police to report the hit and run so there's a paper trail if you ever do find the POS who hit it.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 05-20-2010).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Do you know where it got hit. Maybe if it was somewhere else, they had video. A girl friend of mine got rear ended in a bar parking lot by a hit and run driver. Their outside video camera caught it and police found him. Then he confessed he did it and his insurance paid for the damage. To put some candy on it, her tail light was already broken but where he hit was right beside it so they paid for all that damage too. Ya it was an SUV too. Those things shouldnt even be sold with reverse....no one ever backs one up and looks. I got backed into by 2 SUVs in one of my Corvettes twice in one day. Had another back into the front of another gfs Corvette too...cost $1200 to fix.
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Primaris:

I'm sure you would too if you've recently been laid off and money is super tight.

------------------

For Fiero updates, visit: http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
I feel for you...it could have been much worse though...
Primaris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrimarisClick Here to visit Primaris's HomePageSend a Private Message to PrimarisDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure you would too if you've recently been laid off and money is super tight.

If money was that tight I wouldn't be driving around. And, if I did hit someone while laid off and broke (which I don't let myself become, because of saving cash for the lean times) I would realize I have an extra 40 hours a week where you could work out some sort of deal to repay for the damage done.
Xeps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XepsSend a Private Message to XepsDirect Link to This Post
Sorta OT,
but when i was 14 my older brother had some POS $400 beater car, and if he saw some super nice car in the parking lot, he would purposely back into then leave.

O_O
PFF
System Bot
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
when i had my accident xmas night, my first thought/instinct, was to blaze off lol. its natural. its fight or flight, a base human instinct. being intelligent creatures, we SHOULD have the sense to overcome that instinct, like i did. pulled over, got out of my car promptly and went with my buddy to make sure the other driver was ok. when my brain kicked in, that was my only concern.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xeps:

Sorta OT,
but when i was 14 my older brother had some POS $400 beater car, and if he saw some super nice car in the parking lot, he would purposely back into then leave.

O_O

Well that is extremely shitty of him
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

when i had my accident xmas night, my first thought/instinct, was to blaze off lol. its natural. its fight or flight, a base human instinct. being intelligent creatures, we SHOULD have the sense to overcome that instinct, like i did. pulled over, got out of my car promptly and went with my buddy to make sure the other driver was ok. when my brain kicked in, that was my only concern.

faaaaq, what you did was sincere, especially since there was someone in the car who may have gotten injured. Mind you, this is a totally different situation than what happened to our friend here. All throughout history, people have taken things without asking, invaded countries, and have 'stolen' historical artifacts from their respective countries either to make money or to escape from an increasingly unpleasent real life situations - just look at all our museums and the countries we've gone into war with. This is reality whether we are intelligent species or not. We all try to escape danger, whether it is financial or health inclined. I don't believe in karma - as a matter of fact, I think it is ridiculous since it opposes the natural laws of the universe - but if you remain positive, things will work out - believe it or not, the universe always has a way of balancing things. Just take your problem to your insurance company and hopefully things work out.
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Primaris:

I agree! Unfortunatly, the world is full of such people...
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xeps:

Sorta OT,

O_O

Someone hit my Charger while it was parked. I grew up in Ohio and its pissed me off for a long time.
Now I know who and he should expect a visit soon.
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Where is the point of impact?
Up north in the lower P in MI, and it's an 84.
Been a MI car from the start? How many miles?
Got any rust? Sure it isn't from strut tower failure and sheet metal weld separation?
Hit a good bump with a rusted rearend might cause that sort of damage.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
MI car all it's life, 2.5 years in the upper penninsula with me, pretty sure it's been an outside car 95% of it's life, hence the paint. Rust was definately a contributing factor. The point of impact can barely be seen in the 2nd pic, an indentation about the size of my hand above the center of the rear sidemarker light, which was NOT there before. I think if the rust hadn't been there, it would have simply damaged the panel and maybe bent the frame a bit, the way the front bumper is pushed in about half an inch from the time my little sister backed into it at about 10 mph. The strut dower DID seperate from the frame along the bottom edge, and there's little left of the upper frame rail on the passenger side (about 2.5 of the 4 sides missing).

After many days of contemplation, I've decided to turn lemons into lemonade. I'm going to save up and buy a fastback GT, and either

1) use the 84 as a parts car (I've rebuilt almost the entire car to this point) and part out what little would be left, or

2) buy or borrow a welder and teach myself how to weld, and attempt to rebuild the framework on the rear end.

This way I'll end up with a nice GT, which I've always wanted, or TWO Fieros, which was my original plan.

Either way, I'm staying in the Fiero game. It'll take a while until I can afford a nice fastback car, though.
Xeps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XepsSend a Private Message to XepsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Someone hit my Charger while it was parked. I grew up in Ohio and its pissed me off for a long time.
Now I know who and he should expect a visit soon.

yeah.....hes in prison right now....... lol
SKIDMARK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SKIDMARKSend a Private Message to SKIDMARKDirect Link to This Post
Sad that you got screwed by someone with no morals. Unfortunately in todays society most people don't do the right thing.
A few years ago somone hit my wife's car in a parking lot and left a note "Sorry I hit your car ... sux for you" and they took off. A couple of people saw it happen and thought the jerk was leaving his personal info. No one got the license and it ended up costing me about $900 because he scraped the whole drivers side of the car.
On the good side at least your car isn't so damaged that you can't drive it. Hope you'll be able to fix it without too much trouble.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Shouldnt have anything to do with it. If your driving legally with insurance, it wouldnt cost him a thing. Even deductible insurance dont apply to liability coverage. Be different if it was a mexican with no insurance I guess. New Federal policy you know is if your an illegal mexican, you dont need a drivers license or insurance though.

PFF
System Bot
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry that happend to you. my 88 had a little side swipe a month ago, but was easily taken care of through insurance.

just to offer. I have a RED rear 84-86 bumper with new paint, and a perfect condion rear clip if you need them.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Not my first thought. And man that sux.. any security cameras around?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock