Started on: 05-18-2010 01:59 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 05-20-2010 10:55 AM
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I have a dilemma..... If I buy drilled brake rotors, pads, and my two front calipers for my 88 formula from the fiero store it'll cost me a little over 500 bucks. I love the fiero store and they are an extremely valueable tool when you need them. But I did some searching and found the calipers for $50 less per caliper at advance and a set of drilled AND SLOTTED gold cadium rotors on ebay for $200.
Point is I can get all my parts for $260 elsewhere so why should I pay over $500 to the fiero store for basically the same products. I have a certain level of loyalty to the fiero store because I believe in supporting small business all the way. However, it's very hard to justify it on such large purchase when I can save 50% by buying elsewhere.

What do you all think I should do here? Loyalty only goes so far on a fiero owners budget.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dejulio

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dejulioSend a Private Message to dejulioDirect Link to This Post
Dude if you can get them somewhere else for half the price i would totally do it. Sure loyalty to a small business is great but when your on a budget and can get the same thing cheaper its all ways a smart idea. besides with the money you save maybe you can buy something else for your fiero? think of the possibilities lol
watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
Take the other ~$250, go back to The Fiero Store with and buy something else - Karma solved.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
good call watts! I like how you think. There's alot of things I want from the fiero store that the left over $250 would buy me
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Maybe some nice stainless lines and hoses to compliment the new parts?

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
Ask the Fiero Store to match the price you found elsewhere.

Spoon
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
dont forget they stopped the loyalty first...no more pff discount.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
and shipping to Canada is outrageous !!!

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes they are way off base on price, and this is probably one of those times. I am not sure i would trust eBay parts for a car unless it was from a parts car or a known good dealer. Too many faux parts out there.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm...Idle Air Control Valve (TFS 44.95) (Autozone 24.99) nice mark up
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Ask the Fiero Store to match the price you found elsewhere.

Spoon

Doesnt hurt to ask but I'm thinking their prices are not negotiable.

Kit
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock