Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 05-04-2010 11:37 PM
Replies: 574
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-16-2010 08:12 PM
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ramsespride:
http://appleton.craigslist.org/pts/1745093770.html

Ramsespride, I get nothing when I try to contact the vinyl stickers website within the craigslist ad you cited above.

av8fiero, did you ever get a reply re stickers from fellow PFF member, SAFASTRO? Even if he doesn't design them for us, I'd hope he'd at least be able to reproduce them (because I know from past experience that he can do that quite well).

Has anybody else specific suggestions re who can reproduce some club stickers for us?
IP: Logged
Ramsespride

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Okay so her eis the adress of the meet"

1928 S lawe st. Appleton wi 54915

av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

Ramsespride, I get nothing when I try to contact the vinyl stickers website within the craigslist ad you cited above.

av8fiero, did you ever get a reply re stickers from fellow PFF member, SAFASTRO? Even if he doesn't design them for us, I'd hope he'd at least be able to reproduce them (because I know from past experience that he can do that quite well).

Has anybody else specific suggestions re who can reproduce some club stickers for us?

I haven't heard back from him as of yet. I've pmed him a couple of times but no response yet. If he comes up with something I'll post it up here

------------------
88blackchopv8

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Holy molly guys I got some good news!! I went to gibsons today and what do ya know they got in two fresh 87 notchies!!! both have awesome interiors altho driver seats wore out and the blue one from what I can tell was a one owner car it had all the original tags stickers window sticker books warrenty cards everything in it that would come with a new fiero!!! yup I grabed most of it and will be going back for the rest!!!! another bonus they both have working headlight units and are undamaged also they have decent structures yet the big movers didnt ram them this time!! from what I can tell even the frames on them are nice and here is the kicker their was a slip in the one the only reason it was junked was it had idle issues and ran rough the car has 78 thou on it!!
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Well, crap!! There goes the idea of trading some parts for some paint work! Nice find jetsnvettes2000!

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
dont worry I still need parts, If I get the gt from chris ill need alot of parts!! hey also post a pic of your broken fender I wana see it, I hear it really isnt all that diffrent from a standard one just needs a few extra holes for the added on bits
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
hey maby we should try that sighn shop over by the fire alarm off of wisconsin ave I hear they do vynal stickers
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
There is a Vinyl shop up by me I could stop in to see how much?

It's called Victory Vinyl.

Steve

P.S. have we decided on a design?

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post

86soon3.4

1537 posts
Member since Dec 2005
Jets~I will get some pics of the fender this weekend for you.

Maybe I will bring it down if I come..

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
ya get some pics or bring it I was putzin around today with those new additions out at gibsons and noticed a fender layin their that seemed to have the ground effect on it
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

There is a Vinyl shop up by me I could stop in to see how much?

It's called Victory Vinyl.

Steve

P.S. have we decided on a design?

That would be good If I read right the link that rams posted wasent workin??
PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Should we put the logo designs to a vote? I think there are three vastly different designs right now. Yours, one I did, and one Sadie did.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
If I read right the link that rams posted wasent workin??

No, the link works, but I probably should have phrased my statement more clearly.

I actually can open the link to the craigslist sticker ad that Ramsespride cited, but what doesn't work (at least not for me) is clicking on the "Reply" statement in that craigslist ad which reads:

Reply to: sale-k5umv-1745093770@craigslist.org

Somebody please try the same thing and report back; maybe the problem is just at my computer, and more specifically, me.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
It works. What that link does is opens your default mail client. If you don't have one on your computer (IE you use a web based email client) then it's not going to work. All you have to do is send an email to the address listed (sale-k5umv-1745093770@craigslist.org) using whatever service you use for email. Then, wait for the seller to reply back.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:
I haven't heard back from him as of yet. I've pmed him a couple of times but no response yet. If he comes up with something I'll post it up here

I'm sorry to learn that SAFASTRO hasn't had an opportunity to extend to you the courtesy of a reply for whatever reason, but thank you for your prompt response to my inquiry.
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Should we put the logo designs to a vote? I think there are three vastly different designs right now. Yours, one I did, and one Sadie did.

I think a vote would be a good idea. Maybe you guys could discuss at the meet tomorrow, too? (If my other club didn't have a show that day I would so be there!) We could give, say, another week for more designs, then create a poll and see what happens.

Here's a link to the logo possibilities thusfar.

[This message has been edited by sadie goad (edited 05-21-2010).]

Driven5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Driven5Send a Private Message to Driven5Direct Link to This Post
IPO = Initial Parts Offering

Since the 85 GT tear-down is coming along pretty well, I thought I’d let anybody looking for parts pick through my pile for anything they might be interested in making an offer on…Kind of “garage sale” style. I’ll get a pic up in the next week or so of all the pile so you can see what I’ve got. Pretty much it’s the entire interior, and most other non-essential parts.

However the one part I have been told has the most potential value so far is the two tone dash…Which while rather dirty and a little scuffed up, is completely devoid of any cracks. I didn’t grab any pics when we pulled it out last night, but can get some eventually. If you have any interest in it at all feel free to PM me.

Also the engine will be coming out, hopefully sooner than later. Since space is somewhat of an issue, I’d like to offer it up a little prematurely. I’ll be needing to get rid of the 2.8L engine and auto trans (preferably together) at a minimum, but also would probably be looking to include other parts (subframe, ECU, etc) as well for little additional money. The car did sit for a few years, but fired up surprisingly easily. Aside from the bad (alternator?) bearing, it ran smooth and sounded good. Enough so that we drove the car on to, and off of, the trailer. After getting it 'home' it did leak tranny fluid, I believe from one of the 25 year old rubber lines. Again, feel free to PM me if you have any interest.

Not looking to turn a profit on any of this, I just need to move parts locally in order to make space. So all reasonable offers will be accepted.

[This message has been edited by Driven5 (edited 05-21-2010).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:
...have we decided on a design?

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Originally posted by sadie goad:
I think a vote would be a good idea. create a poll and see what happens.

I like best the most recent version of what I'll arbitrarily call "jetsnvettes' design" although a number of people have had a hand in improving upon it (including yourself, 86fierofun). However, that latest version of it (about one-third of the way down page 6 of this thread) isn't even shown as an alternative on our club's website as of this writing. Therefore, I'll reproduce it here:

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Okay im countin down the hours to the meet!

the shop for the most part is ready to be worked in and the driveway is rearanged nicely.

If anyone has any questions plz call/text 920 327 0685 and ask for chris. ill be working in the pits tonight in oshkosh so i may not answer right away.

------------------
Chris the Madman Robles
Excuse me Sir, Do you have any Grey Poupon??

outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
hey guys i live in cali but here in june im gonna be at fort mcCoy just wondering if you guys are close by. would love to meet a few more fiero fanatics such as myself.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
I like this one as well

but I would suggest that the black band in the middle have the curve flipped over and have the text inside it curved to match. I would also suggest curving the top line of the shield as well. That way it will be more similar to a fiero badge. Also if the fonts in the black band could be changed to the style used in this logo.
I think that would look nicer [I know, lots of changes but I think it will improve the look of the logo]

Have fun at the 1st meet, I won't be able to stop in there as I'll be leaving for Door county this evening. I'll meet you all somewhere down the road.

Nice meeting you JETS[Rob], I'll be getting on the choptop soon so we/you can paint it and you can have the 87 gt in trade

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-21-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlawfiero17:

hey guys i live in cali but here in june im gonna be at fort mcCoy just wondering if you guys are close by. would love to meet a few more fiero fanatics such as myself.

Mcoy is about a few hours away depending how fast u drive, Its not a bad drive either I have been their to the supply depot a few times my big 5 ton crane came from their your welcome to join us anytime!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by av8fiero:

I like this one as well

but I would suggest that the black band in the middle have the curve flipped over and have the text inside it curved to match. I would also suggest curving the top line of the shield as well. That way it will be more similar to a fiero badge. Also if the fonts in the black band could be changed to the style used in this logo.
I think that would look nicer [I know, lots of changes but I think it will improve the look of the logo]

Have fun at the 1st meet, I won't be able to stop in there as I'll be leaving for Door county this evening. I'll meet you all somewhere down the road.

Nice meeting you JETS[Rob], I'll be getting on the choptop soon so we/you can paint it and you can have the 87 gt in trade

I think flippin the banner would look cool too, if any of you have photoshop please do it I cant do curved words in paint Sadie it seems u have a program that can do this??
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Hey!!!! I just had a total brain fart well in this case a good one why dont we blend my desighn with sadies and put hers in one of the white spaces! id be happy loosin one of the cars or loose the valley scene and put it their?????????
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post

I like this one as well

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey steve what size are those tires u have??? I cant seem to find any around town the same size I have mine are p195 70r14 90s
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Jets~I will look tomorrow.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
k cool ill gladly buy them off ya if they fit my 14 inch rims
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Jets~I'll get some pics also

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
ill b their soon guys gota run an erron first
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
jets~p205-60-14 tires. Look ok. lots of tread but some cracks. You will have to look at them. They do hold air.

Steve
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey steve thanks for lookin hmm 60's is that a taller tire or a shorter tire than a 70? I get mixed up with the sizes, they may work if it dosent lower the car too much more
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
HEllo everybody I want to thank all of you that made it today over to rams house and met us! we had alot of fun meeting those of u who were able to make it and managed to get alittle work done to my car and rams, hey steve, I think rams may benifit from a few wires from u for his duke pm him to ask wich ones. I discoverd today I had a wiring issue myself that the previos owner created by laying my positive battery cable across the exhaust pipe to the cat, so after alittle fartin around we got it moved and fixed up, and well I have to say yay! no more burning smell!! on another note my brakes are still shot and I found more rust to deal with but all in all Ill call it a great day!!!!

Two weeks from today we would like to have another club day, I am offering up my place this time to meet at and then we can all shoot over to jeffreson park for some pics!!,
After talking with some of the guys today we discused having somthin every two weeks or so if possible, I also would like to plan a club picnic in the near future at one of the parks that have a nice setting say the one in appleton the car show is at.

Thanks again for showin up today guys it was nice seeing such nice fieros!!

On a side note can we update the club website to reflect what was said above also how do we as members post topics on our site??

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-22-2010).]

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Hi all! Sounds like I just barely missed the club's first meet (don't get on PFF as often as I did several years ago as you can tell)...anyhow, I live in De Pere - moved here slightly under a year ago. I'm glad I happened across this thread - definitely would like to get out and meet some fellow Fiero owners.

I'll go register for the local site in a minute here, and perhaps have my hand at cleaning up the logo posted in this thread...it'd be advantageous to create it in a vector-based drawing program such as Adobe Illustrator (that way, it can be infinitely scaled: a very important consideration for something meant to be vinyl cut, etc)

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you all around!!

Brad

------------------

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

Hi all! Sounds like I just barely missed the club's first meet (don't get on PFF as often as I did several years ago as you can tell)...anyhow, I live in De Pere - moved here slightly under a year ago. I'm glad I happened across this thread - definitely would like to get out and meet some fellow Fiero owners.

I'll go register for the local site in a minute here, and perhaps have my hand at cleaning up the logo posted in this thread...it'd be advantageous to create it in a vector-based drawing program such as Adobe Illustrator (that way, it can be infinitely scaled: a very important consideration for something meant to be vinyl cut, etc)

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you all around!!

Brad

Hey welcome!! and I am planning another get together in two weeks from today, anyway yes please do the mods to the logo I created that the guys would like to see said above! I could only take it so far in paint so feel free to mess with it all u like!!!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
cool! If we plan now, I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be there in two weeks. As for updating the website, any member can add events to the calendar or the forum. I'll update the main page when more details are known.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Hey everyone....So I was bored today. Went to the shed and dug out the 86 se parts car and started stripping it for parts.

Anybody need anything?

It's a silver 86 SE V-6 auto with a rod knock. Most of the grey interior is gone or shot.

It did have 4 awesome looking inner wheel well liners.

Oh and Jets the tires are P215-60-14's not P205's.

Steve
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post

86soon3.4

1537 posts
Member since Dec 2005
Well guys while pulling parts off this car.

I found some damage
The car must have been hit in the passenger side right behind the door. They tried to pound out the damage but couldn't. Sooooo they filled it in with Great Stuff!

Good news is the rear of the car is pretty much rust free. The battery area shows very little rust. So if any one need a rear section I could cut it off.

I also scored some KYB shocks from the front.They look pretty new!

Steve
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
FYI, the Dells Run in Wisconsin Dells is in two weeks. I think it would be best to just drive over there and have a get-together, whether you have functioning Fieros or not! (That is where I will be, I just made my reservations last week.) If you want to register for the show and haven't already, you can do it the day of the show-- cost is $45 and includes a goodie bag and free shirt. Call the Prezzz at 414-282-3577 for more info!

jetsnvettes, you can create a topic in the forums by clicking the sub-forum you want to post your topic in (ie, "Current and past events"), then by clicking the "+New Topic" button. It is very large and grey.

I am not completely against the shield image, however I am not certain how it would come out as a decal because it has so much activity. It would most definitely be really nice as an image for the website and forums-- once we redesign it though my opinion may very well change!

I have Photoshop and could work with the shield image, however I do not have Adobe Illustrator and am not sure how I would go about creating a vector image (which as Bradbitz11 stated would be most beneficial). If someone could tutor me on how to do that I would be more than happy to! Does anyone know where I could find the 'Fiero' font? I have the 'Pontiac' font, but not the 'Fiero' one.

Personally, on the same topic as the shield image, I think that the valley scene is a bit too ambiguous and many people wouldn't be able to figure out what it is, at least at first. Something else could go there, though what I am not sure. I don't really know that the logo I created would make sense there, though that doesn't mean we couldn't try it. I agree that as a whole, the shield image should be the shape of a Fiero emblem- that makes the most sense!

[This message has been edited by sadie goad (edited 05-23-2010).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sadie goad:
Does anyone know where I could find the 'Fiero' font? I have the 'Pontiac' font, but not the 'Fiero' one.

Are you referring to the Fiero "font" (which, unless I'm missing something, looks like to me like it's already in this thread), or might you be referring to the Fiero emblem with its "Pegasus" logo?

Either way, I hope the following will help:

Originally posted by Mailmule:

______
Source: Mailmule's thread titled "Fiero Decals ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/044772.html ).

[This message has been edited by project34 (edited 05-23-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock