Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 05-04-2010 11:37 PM
Replies: 574
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-16-2010 08:12 PM
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
jetsnvettes2000~ It depends on my schedule if I can make it.

Steve
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey no problem, next week is my kid free week so just maby id be able to drive up their and take a peak at your project if I get a few hours away from work.

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

jetsnvettes2000~ It depends on my schedule if I can make it.

Steve

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
sounds good jets....

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Anybody else give a try at making a logo for us yet????
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
I did and my sisters friend is gonna take a crack at it but i gotta figure out how to work my scanner to show lol
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
I havent heard back from SAFASTRO, who does a bunch of different Fiero related and other graphics, as of yet. Hopefully he'll come up with something nice

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-13-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Ok so I have been thinkin about what are the things that define this area as the fox valley and I think some of that history could perhaps be incorparated within the logo when i think of this area i think the lakes the history such as hudin's birth place, the trolly cars of olden days the paper industry that got the area goin, and the other unique things associated with the area, so as ramspride said about my first idea kinda looking like a crest/ sheild thing got me thinkin maby we should make it look verry retro like am old code of arms a shield broke into four sections one having a sillouet of a fiero one space the shape of the state one square with the fiero hood ornament one square with maby a collage of diffrent things associated with the area kinda like they do on the bacl of the state quarters below it a ribbon with the club name??
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
Ok so I have been thinkin about what are the things that define this area as the fox valley and I think some of that history could perhaps be incorparated within the logo when i think of this area i think the lakes the history such as hudin's birth place, the trolly cars of olden days the paper industry that got the area goin, and the other unique things associated with the area, so as ramspride said about my first idea kinda looking like a crest/ sheild thing got me thinkin maby we should make it look verry retro like am old code of arms a shield broke into four sections one having a sillouet of a fiero one space the shape of the state one square with the fiero hood ornament one square with maby a collage of diffrent things associated with the area kinda like they do on the bacl of the state quarters below it a ribbon with the club name??

That sounds somewhat similar to Porsche's retro, "quadrant-focused" coat of arms they've used since 1952, except for being much more elaborate than Porsche's logo. In priniciple, I very much like that idea, but what I don't know is if a logo that elaborate would be feasible on something as small as a window sticker or a business card, for example.

For that reason, I'm hoping that fellow PFF member, SAFASTRO, who presumably has much more expertise than I at such things, replies soon to the logo request earlier made of him by fellow "Fox Valley Fieros" club member, av8fiero:

Originally posted by av8fiero:
I havent heard back from SAFASTRO, who does a bunch of different Fiero related and other graphics as of yet. Hopefully he'll come up with something nice

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Ok guys this is kinda what I am thinking the latin on the bottom says "For the love of our cars we come together as one for fun!"

ya I had an idea about a club motto too and thats it!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-13-2010).]

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
HOTDANG!!!! i love it!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey rams glad u liked it I just cut the top off in a edit I think it was a bit to big so the griffin is now gone id like to replace it with somthing else maby just not shure yet, I am still brain storming over it, I have a few ideas yet but I am no pro at paint so it takes me awile
PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome! I love the smiling knight!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
How about changing the tools to the Wisconsin state seal? and maybe curving the black band and Fox Valley Fieros script a bit so as to give it some shape instead of just flat. I do like it, but I'm not sold on the smiling knight.

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-13-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
ill work on it but curving letters in paint is a pita
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
hey av8fiero, you still looking for doors?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
ok here is a bit of a redo I havent figured out how to curve the letters yet and it still needs to be cleaned up yet

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-13-2010).]

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
swap the valley and the state seal, is there any way to get some more color/detail in your valley shot? maybe change the wheel at the top to a fox. maybe you could try a fox in the shield instead of the state seal and put a Fiero wheel at the top. If I'm aggravating you let me know.

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-14-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
ugh ok ill try lol!!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
lol! hey it looks good though I do have to say. as I said if I'm ticking you off just say so
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
ok here it is and yes I had to have a bit of sence of humor with it!! i like the one with the wheel personally but feel free to tinker with it im a rookie at paint so if u guys know somthin I dont go for it!!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
maby for the fox ill have to add the pinup of megan fox hmmmmmm yummy!!!!
PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 05-14-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
cool!
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
So the meeting is at 86soon3.4 's place and HE is suppling the beer? Did you set the date yet?
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
It's probably just my ratty monitor which makes it difficult for me to tell, but what are the thread-like lines in the lower left quadrant of the shield?

Separately, I thought the earlier version sporting a wrench crossed by a hammer just TOO funny!

However, it probably was prudent of you to later delete that. I suspect that illustration could have frightened away potential new members to whom you plan to send literature, and in particular, potential club members or sponsors with auto shops, who might not appreciate the humor in that illustration. Nonetheless, thanks for giving me a really good laugh with that!

By the way, consistent with that earlier "wrench-crossed-by-a-hammer" theme, I earlier thought the illustration in one quadrant (maybe the one with the thread-like lines) could be replaced by an illustration of a roll of duct tape. Unfortunately, I suppose an artist's illustration of duct tape easily could be misinterpreted by some as a roll of toilet paper, and I suspect that bragging about our use of either duct tape or toilet paper might not be regarded as an especially great accomplishment by those who otherwise might be considering joining or sponsoring our club. Therefore, I'm dropping that suggestion.

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
My place?

Oh boy!

Steve
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

cool!

Should I give Ponti-fox eyes?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
the lines scribbled all over in the one block is a line drawing of a valley wa river running thru it kinda like ours far as the meeting next sat is what we were thinkin of if u want to do it up by steves place id be all for that if he is! seems like he has alot of work for us to do! guys in town here we could all carpool in the ol transport if u wanted up their im not shure how many of us have fieros that would make it their?? mine still isnt ready quite yet far as brakes i am really thinkin of doinf the hundred dollar grand am thing if anybody has done it comon down this weekend i plan on going and gettin the parts from autozone at the verry least for the front so u guys all like the logo then? id like to get rid of that fox tho it was more of me teasin id find a better one if it was to b their i put the tools as a symbol of what the club is about fixin our cars for fun and modifying them as well
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Should I give Ponti-fox eyes?

how bout megan fox eyes lol hehehe
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

I'm sensing a theme from you aren't I?
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Is there an Official place of meeting yet??
PFF
System Bot
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:
It's probably just my ratty monitor which makes it difficult for me to tell, but what are the thread-like lines in the lower left quadrant of the shield?

the lines scribbled all over in the one block is a line drawing of a valley wa river running thru it kinda like ours

OK, I get it now. Thanks, jetsnvettes2000.

In that case, how about if the fox's head was shown where it is now, but emanating from some drawing of a valley directly beneath it, for "Fox Valley"?

The state seal could replace the valley drawing currently in the lower left quadrant of the shield, and a "Notchie" Fiero could fill in the resultant space at the upper right quadrant of the shield.

Along with the "Fastback" Fiero already shown at the upper left, we'd then have pictured "Fieros" (plural), and "Fox Valley Fieros" then would be represented by the illustration itself. (If I knew anything about working with "Paint," I'd illustrate those changes myself, but I don't, so I apologize if that would be a PITA to do.)

86fierofun, I'm no expert on stickers, but my guess is the comparative lack of detail in your illustrations might make for a more readily executable sticker. However, why not have your illustrations read, rather than "Fiero Fox Valley" --- "Fox Valley Fieros" instead? At this point, the latter seems more likely to become the club's name.

Anyway, that's just a thought.

As for your observation regarding jetsnvettes2000's fascination with Megan Fox, I've observed the same pattern you have:

Originally posted by 86fierofun:
I'm sensing a theme from you aren't I?

Suffice it to say that unless someone in our club is knowledgeable enough to administer electroshock therapy to jetsnvettes2000 successfully, any efforts to cure him of his fascination with Megan Fox IMHO, likely will prove to be a repetitively useless expenditure of electricity, resulting only in a much higher energy bill.

Besides, he'd likely come out of that only to look like this:

I therefore recommend not pursuing that action..
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
86soon3.4 is not ready to host a tech day. I have WAY too much other things going on at my place.

Trying to clean out 40 years of stuff from my mother-in-laws house before 6-4-10.

Sorry guys. I will host one when I get time. I want to attend any you guys plan.

Steve
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Ok ill talk it over, maybe we can use my shop for a meeting. God knows ive got the tools now lol.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Geezzzzzz so shoot me she is a hottie lol!!! I was just kiddin anyway I think havin a pic of a pinup on it would trash it up anyway ok so ill mess with it some more to add a fastback to the other white block and ditch the state seal it dosent fit with the theme anyway far as the fox on top I have a totally diffrent idea thats been brewing in my head if it looks good ill share it, the valley scene also woulnt be all that hard to change the one that is their currently was the first one I happend apon that fit, if u guys want to mess around with it I have been pulling images off google of free drawings of the various topics within the crest far as a meeting place for the first time well my place is still a disaster zone but their is plenty of room in the driveway so if u guys want we could do it here appleton/ menasha seems to be right in the middle of everyone anyway between oshkosh and gb/sobieski plus right around the corner is jeffreson park their is nice views that we could take some pretty cool pics of the cars at or perhaps fire lane 8??? so what shall we do for the first tech session??? I still have that high idle issue to tackle and a bunch of other things like the steering damper and brakes, like I said before maby we could get the stuff and try a grand am brake upgrade?? plus I think I could demonstrate sanding of the peeling clear and cutting in with fresh clear possibly saving the original color?? maby not all in one day but they are diffrent ideas we could do?? plus their is rams car he he could limp it over here we could take a peak at his charging problem
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
oh and far as the shock therapy i beat u guys to it today I was under the vette at work drillin a hole for the parking brake return spring in the 68 I am building and a guy droped a pallet next to the car, it startled me and I smacked my head on the frame rail ouch!!!! so that was my shock!!!! lol
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

86fierofun, I'm no expert on stickers, but my guess is the comparative lack of detail in your illustrations might make for a more readily executable sticker. However, why not have your illustrations read, rather than "Fiero Fox Valley" --- "Fox Valley Fieros" instead? At this point, the latter seems more likely to become the club's name.

I couldn't get it to read Fox Valley Fieros and still look good. I have to try and find the font used for Fiero so that I can modify the text on my own, rather than just the "image" of the text.

I am trying to go for something that could easily be made into a sticker or an embroidered image if need be. Simple, yet nice.

As for the first tech day, I say we just show up and decide then and there. Doesn't look like we will be lacking in projects. I would bring mine up, but I don't have a trailer or a car to tow with. Lol. Just pick a time, date, and location and I'll let you know if I can make it up.

Do we have a member list yet?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I was going to ask same question who wants to do the members list I suggest not me Im great at body work not so great at writing and spelling so Ill leave that up to some one else far as the tech day I agree everybody just show up and lets see what we can do! if u guy like we can do it here ill leave that up to a vote everybody for my house say yup!! oh and I did alittle more work on the logo Didyou know fox pics are hard to find?? wierd but nothing i can find looks right so I changed things up a bit its kinda funny and well look at it closly can u see the hidden humor and stereotype?? lol

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
hint his rear is on fire hehehehe one more thing I was looking at some sticker program sets for my printer and well it looks like anything we come up with will be able to be printed verry clearly right on a desktop printer so I am going to go to craft store tomorrow and look at the kit to see how much it is and how many it would make i think if we printed them on vynal and then put a heavy clear tape like thing over it, it would be durable as any other sticker

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-14-2010).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 05-14-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock