Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 05-04-2010 11:37 PM
Replies: 574
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-16-2010 08:12 PM
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

I like the logo it is nice and simple and clean. so guys, when should we all get together? Im still thinkin two weeks from yesterday???? anybody agree???

Thanks, and as of now I think that may work for me. You are talking about the 22?

IP: Logged
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
jetsnvettes2000~ I have ALOT of parts. So come and take a look!

Steve
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

I have a question for u guys tech related were do i get a steering damper shock thingy? i havent tried the parts stores yet I figured id ask first is it a common to find thing around town??

If the thingy also is called a "steering stabilizer," it looks something like a shock absorber, and your Fiero is an `84, `85, 86, or '87, you can get a new Monroe one from The Fiero Store (their part number 58026). If you can find it locally, I imagine it would be less expensive, but if nothing else, printing out the picture of that part from The Fiero Store website ( http://fierostore.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=58026 ) should improve your chances of getting the right part from any local parts counter guy.

I actually buy many new Fiero parts from either from The Fiero Store or Rodney Dickman. They tend to be more expensive, but I've had better luck with getting the correct part from them.

Locally, NAPA has been reasonably OK for me, and the folks at O'Reilly's seem to try the hardest to be helpful.

By far, however, the best and most helpful new car parts guy I'd ever dealt with was at Neenah's Hesser Rector Olds Pontiac (unlucky choice for a place to be working at). If the part was no longer listed under "Pontiac," he'd always look for, and typically find, the same GM part somewhere else under some other GM make. I guess no good deed goes unpunished because unfortunately, he lost his job when his dealership was bought out and quickly closed down by another one.

In marked contrast to witnessing his helpfulness, I dread going to the AutoZone nearest me, unless it's for on-the-shelf things with which to clean and wax my car, as opposed to for buying car parts. More importantly, whatever you do, don't go in there asking for any part name to which you've added the word, "thingy." That will lead to more than the usual level of catalepsy I sometimes observe there, and that, after you wisely walk out with nothing, also won't be helpful to the customers formerly waiting behind you.

As for used parts, I've had better luck with The Fiero Factory in Toney, Alabama, than with Gibson's locally. Gibson's and nearby parts swap meets tend to have for me, at least, used parts that typically are in worse shape than the ones I'm trying to replace, or they don't have them at all.

I've also had good luck dealing with Pennock's Fiero Forum member, Oslo, when buying used parts from him (e.g., a side view mirror in excellent shape), and I imagine I may later get some new custom wing stands from him at some point.

[This message has been edited by project34 (edited 05-10-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I worked for hessers while I was in highschool and thru part of colledge till I left them for kc aviation wich turned into gulfstrem aerospace/ genral dynamics, far as other logo ideas cool keep them coming I am kinda workin on alittle pic of my own I am thinking od making our logo be apart of the crest shape of the front emblem. I would like this club defidently to be open to everyone everywere just as this forum is. We are just based right here in the valley thats al, kinda like the forum is based on the internet! anyway far as the 22nd yes thats what I was shootin for, now we all just have to decide what we are doing on that day and were we are doing it. Ramspride seems to have the biggest issues at the moment with his car so maby his is were we should start?? that is if he is not working, my car needs alot of work but that can wait it is mostly bolt on stuff that I dont have the cash for at the moment still tryin to somhow pay off my extreamly high mri bill the inshurance co screwed me with, anyway who else needs some work???? if rams isnt avalible lets work on somthin!! anybody??
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
I need paint and body work on mine!

I can't drive it with no body panels on it.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
lol yes steve I will help u paint your car Ive made enough progress on the vette this week were I can pull myself away for a day or two and give u a hand. In two weeks on the tech day maby we should head up by u and paint that car???? what color did u want again ill call my buddy at automotive supply I get a large discount at the one in kaukauna they supply my shop with all my paint needs for the car builds and all my thinner wich i buy alot of!! I can get u ur paint for alot cheaper than if u go buy it yourself.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:
As for a logo I did contact SAFASTRO to see if he could come up with a possible logo/sticker for this proposed club. He is the one who designed and sells the pennocks decals and works with graphics. If he comes up with something nice maybe we can use his services if you all agree on it

That was a good idea, av8fiero; I'd forgotten about the Pennock's Fiero Forum stickers SAFASTRO had created for people.

Thanks!

For those who may not be familiar with his work, here is a Pennock's Fiero Forum sticker that SAFASTRO sent me about 2 years ago. On my ratty monitor, it looks like red with off-white trim, but it's actually red with silver trim, to match the colors of my Fiero:

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

I'm curious to see what sticker design SAFASTRO proposes for us.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
jetsnvettes2000~I could trailer it down to you....

Hey, Gulfstream is or was a customer of where I work.

I work for Yale, THE best forklift dealer in the state!!

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Ok so I keep talking about this corvette build that keeps me from gettin stuf done so ill post a few pics so u guys can get an idea of just how big of a build this thing has been and a glimps into my paint work. It has been a constant project for the past two years the frame is custom the body has been also rebuilt the front end in new anyway this is what keeps me so busy all the time plus the three vettes I have goin here but u guys will see those if ya stop by to work on your cars.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-10-2010).]

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
I don't need that nice of a job on my Fiero.

That is going to be one sweet ride!!

Nice work!

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey steve we are a customer of yours vtp! ive gone up their for parts for our yale forklift notice in the pic??? u guys sold it to us!! good u can fix it also it quits in a turn kinda annoying!
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
the car is a 1968 427 corvette convertible one off frame by art morrison fully custom body by me! all paint and engine work and interior me also maby I will do a build thread some day in totally off topic since I dont belong to any corvette forums the owner of this car is kinda private but he dosent mind that I show my work he keeps telling me to write a book how to do this to a vette but naw im more of a builder not a writer maby some day??
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
After my car is painted and back together I will need a four wheel alignment. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I use accurate alignment for all that stuff I can trust them with the paint on those vettes I build, I sit right in the bay with them as they do the work and never once have they asked me to go wait in waiting room so my guess they would be just as nice with u Im extreamly picky with who touches those cars I build, they are defidently the only shop outside of the one I work out of that i would trust to do any kind of work for me.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Yeah any help towards my car would be appreciated and returned anyway i can. lol most likely in a new exaust system for any car or truck.

also im looking to sell or trade my truck off for a Camaro needing a small bit of work.

If i can find a crashed Impala or something of that sort im looking into a 3.4 or 3.8 swap. however, i have been playing with the idea of a Chrysler 3.5 swap with the 6 spd auto some stratuses came with. I had one in my old Intrepid and remapped the computer with the help of a Friend from Dodgecountry and ZOMG the difference was VERY noticable so i would hope i could do something similar with the swap.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
jetsnvettes2000, PM sent

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey was putzin around with a logo and well its not totally original its kinda simple and neat
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
The vette Looks nice!

I had a similar idea for the logo too. I like the way you think

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 05-10-2010).]

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
lol i looked at that and immediatly imagined that on an Epaulate? on a commanders shoulders
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey rams go look at the front of your car its right their lol but I did this pic thinking it would be a easy thing to make into a patch we could all have on a shirt or a nice simple thing to embroider and even print a sticker of for the ol window??
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
lol yeah on caps and mittens lol.

PFF
System Bot
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

...who else needs some work???? if rams isnt avalible lets work on somthin!! anybody??

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:
I need paint and body work on mine!

Steve

Now that, needing to have body panels put on your Fiero, absolutely trumps anything I'd need done!

After my car is painted and back together I will need a four wheel alignment. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Steve

I use accurate alignment for all that stuff I can trust them with the paint on those vettes I build, I sit right in the bay with them as they do the work and never once have they asked me to go wait in waiting room so my guess they would be just as nice with u Im extreamly picky with who touches those cars I build, they are defidently the only shop outside of the one I work out of that i would trust to do any kind of work for me.

I've had different experiences with them.

On the one hand, they were the only ones who figured out that one ride of mine, a Corvette, couldn't be aligned properly until after its frame was later straightened out, because the torque of its engine during racing eventually had twisted the frame enough to turn it into a downright scary ride.

The other shops I tried basically said, "Well, we can't get it aligned properly, and we don't know why" --- but Accurate did know why, and they fixed the problem.

On the other hand, with my Fiero, they didn't fix a downright scary ride; they created a downright scary ride --- by putting the Fiero's larger back tires on the front, its smaller front tires on the back, and doing Gawd knows what else.

Maybe the folks who did that are no longer there, or maybe they were on a huge bender the previous evening. Either way, that last misalignment experience with them no longer gives me a reason to recommend them, at least not for aligning a Fiero.

However, our different experiences with that shop (assuming we're talking about the same shop) may be irrelevant to 86soon3.4 anyway, because that shop was in Menasha or Appleton, and 86soon3.4 is in Sobieski.

86soon3.4, I'm not at all familiar with any shops in or near Sobieski, but maybe someone else who is will be kind enough to suggest an alignment shop that is nearby you.
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfDirect Link to This Post
I have had all of my Fiero's front end alignments done at Marv's on Bellevue Street. They use a Hunter Electronic alignment. They customed it for me for a little bit more camber than spec. I can do the I43 on-ramp from 41 south at about 70 with no problem. I am looking forward to the first meeting. Will be keeping track here. I too need a paint job on my 86 GT but that is a looooong way off.

John
Driven5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Driven5Send a Private Message to Driven5Direct Link to This Post

Steve
That's kind of ironic...I need to try getting most of the body panels OFF of mine this week.

Justin

[This message has been edited by Driven5 (edited 05-11-2010).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to start pulling mine too. I need to get it painted before the Dells Run in June. Painting party?

Mark the paint guy
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
i can help with priming the cars!!!! i think i could con my aunt into letting us use the shop for the first build if thats what sounds good to everyone? I bet she would even let us put up some plastic in the middle bay so we could do the cars and i have a compressor with the recirculator and moisture evap thingy for painting- just never used it yet.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
well if u guys got a place to spray id be more than willing to do the shoot for free id prob toss the gun at ya and show u how to paint while im at it.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
i am currently workin on cleanin out my garage and making room, after i get it all cleaned up I can spray right their it is still all packed up from the winter now that its gettin nice the vette bodys can go back out on the pad for the summer.
Driven5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Driven5Send a Private Message to Driven5Direct Link to This Post
I like the sound of a paint party...Although my Fiero won't be ready for it until next years paint party.

Then again...My little old Miata could certainly use a repaint, with the clearcoat that it never got from Mazda.

[This message has been edited by Driven5 (edited 05-11-2010).]

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Looky what I got back from the blaster!

Nice and smooth!!!

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
looks good but carful, its not as smooth as it first apears u will still need to go over it with fine sand paper, some times sand blasting makes the rubber bumpers get fuzzy of sort when the paint hits them it kinda looks like lint on it but a quick sanding usually knocks it off i have blasted bumpers before it is a nice way of doing it, now prime it with a good ol primer with bonding agent in it but carful the bonding agent can make the paint turn a diffrent color than the paint on the fiberglass parts look at a c3 corvette to see what i mean after while the bumpers change color this is easly averted with the use of marhyde hy build plus the stuff is spray on mud so u can get the panel super straight with it avoiding alot of mudd work. Ya it cost a bit of money to do it this way but the end result is alot nicer than just using reg primer. from what I can tell and from what I have seen so far these fieros have about as bad of panels as the vette but no problem it will sand out lol!
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
hey driven is your miata just fading? it can prob be buffed out real easy id have to see it post a pic
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
one last thing If u guys are serious about a painting party it is totally doable if we can find a place to do it I wish the guys I worked with didnt mess up stuff at work for us we used to be able to do goverment work their and id bring cars in all the time to use the booth but now I cant grrrrrrr but lemme talk to a guy i work with tomorrow his dad owns a bodyshop in kaukauna maby he can get a a deal using his dads booth on the off hours i am thinking maby we can talk him into sponsoring our club perhaps??? seems like a win win he gets a free plug by us and we get a booth to shoot in without gassin out the neigbors with the doom cloud ????
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
jetsnvettes2000~I had it blasted with glass beads. I don't see any fuzzy's!

The wing looks in tough shape thou. Must have been hit from the rear. Looks cracked.

I may need a wing

I have alot of sanding to do yet before I paint.

Been really busy trying to get a house ready for rent. (My mother-in-law has been living in the house since they built it 40 years ago)....Alot of stuff saved over the years....if you know what I mean!

Steve

[This message has been edited by 86soon3.4 (edited 05-11-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
dont toss that wing just yet good chance I can fix it and ya I know all about the house deal we just moved my grandma out of her house a few years back oh ya total pack rat!! u wont notice the fuzz till u hit it with paint the solvent will make it lift up if it does maby u got lucky? ive had it go both ways some do some dont
Driven5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Driven5Send a Private Message to Driven5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:hey driven is your miata just fading? it can prob be buffed out real easy id have to see it post a pic
It's probably mostly fading and does look 'better' when I amateurishly try buffing it, but ultimately it also needs some additional TLC as is to be expected from an 18 year old 110k mile red car even if it did get factory protection from fading. I don't have any good pics of it right now, but I'm sure you'll get to see it eventually. If I keep it long enough, I would definitely like to fix up the body imperfections and repaint it the original "classic red" just with a proper clear coat for that long lasting look that few red Miatae have anything close to anymore. Realistically that will have to wait though, as the Fiero project is going to be priority #1 probably the next year or so...If I'm lucky.

But if a group is planning to get together for some painting, I'd be all for spending a little time learning more about body work...As I have had little chance to do much with that yet.

[This message has been edited by Driven5 (edited 05-12-2010).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
The pics of the Vett look hot enough to wank off to.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
lol in a disturbing way thats gota be the best compliment i think ive gotten yet for the work on that vette! thanks timm! lol today i will be fighting with the mock up of the flaming river steering colum we got for it, a word of caution to u guys lookin to add their tilt colum to ur old cars they say its a bolt in thing and it is far from it i had to machine off the old maunting hardware from the gm colum and i have to adapt fit and weld it to the flaming river one for it to work safe and propor the bracket they supply is just a machined piece of aluminum and dosent fit the corvette well im just glad we have a state of the art machine shop here so adapting the original parts to the flaming river one is no biggie also if u ever get their colum the splined shaft is one inch on the end the stock one is also but the flaming river one is not notched for the factory rag joint clamp bolt and if u use their u joint make shure u tell them to look at their colum and match it to the joint and steering box wich is 3/4
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Okay so ive been hashing the idea around with my aunt and its looking like we could use the shop to paint if needed however we would have to paint the Spitfire whatever color she wants lol. she would pay for the supplies ofcourse but hey, that would give us the place to do it and the garage is big enough i think we could set up 2 paint areas one for prime and one for paint to speed up the process.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey no prob id love to paint ur little british buggy, its been awile since i worked on one. That would be fun! far as paintin in your garage yup its defidently roomy enough we would hve to cme up with a way to vent it tho i dont think u guys over their would like the overspray on your white siding it gets everywere! hey steve were ever we end up next week for the first meeting bring your fiero spoiler along id like to take a peak at it

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-12-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock