Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) (Page 13)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 05-04-2010 11:37 PM
Replies: 574
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-16-2010 08:12 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey Steve here is a pic of the start of the leather covering project for the gt! was kinda dark in garage hope it turns out! hmmm this is starting to become a build thread I better knock it off hehe!!

On another note, Anybody want to get together sat?? I am totally planning a trip to the bone yard friday too possibly so if u guys wana come over lets have another club meeting! I knbow its short notice and on a holiday weekend but hey guys lets get some work done!!

The wrinkles that apear in the pic are gone now they were from the glue drying yet

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-29-2010).]

IP: Logged
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
looks like im off saturday so im game for a junkyard trip that day
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
I'd really like to hook up with you guys but my weekends are busier than weekdays for me right now.I don't think I'll have a clear weekend until sometime in August. AnywaysI am out here even though only Rob has met me. I will show up eventually

------------------
88blackchopv8

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna be busy for a bit myself too. None of my cars are really working now. It's not fun....
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey no wories guys if u cant make it to club events, time is but a thing and we have lots of it in the years to come! I love this thing we have started here, it is fun getting to travel around messin with cars and meeting new friends to me that is what makes this so great! hey chris if u want i can come down after work during the week now that u are done with your tile! steve lets finish sanding! id love to see u guys drivin your cars before snow flys! rams buy my car i need archie windows! lol anyway i plan on a friday bone yard trip too, I think I will try a few yards I havent been to yet like kk auto salvage and wheelers and wallys in oshkosh i really need those wires ill travel a hundred miles if i have to!
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

rams buy my car i need archie windows!

lol anyway i plan on a friday bone yard trip too, I think I will try a few yards I havent been to yet like kk auto salvage and wheelers and wallys in oshkosh i really need those wires ill travel a hundred miles if i have to!

wait for me on saturday to go to wheelers and Wallys. and as for the 87 im still saving up. had 3 more ppl back outta even coming to looka t the truck so far. im getting increasingly pissed when someone says oh ill be around in 15 mins whats your adress and never show.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ramsespride:

wait for me on saturday to go to wheelers and Wallys. and as for the 87 im still saving up. had 3 more ppl back outta even coming to looka t the truck so far. im getting increasingly pissed when someone says oh ill be around in 15 mins whats your adress and never show.

last time I was at WALLY'S they had an 87 gt. the dash was gone but I'm pretty sure the power option wire harnesses were still there
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Really cool thats the first place I will try then I also think gibsons has a v6 fiero or two w the dashes still intact so I will be lookin at those as well if I can get those main parts their is a chance I could have the car on the road by next week! lol altho not exactly done totally I have a long way to go!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Really cool thats the first place I will try then I also think gibsons has a v6 fiero or two w the dashes still intact so I will be lookin at those as well if I can get those main parts their is a chance I could have the car on the road by next week! lol altho not exactly done totally I have a long way to go!

Wu Whaaa? If you have that car driving around before mine is driving around I won't be happy with myself. I hope you do get it going quickly, hopefully that will light a fire under my a$$

------------------
88blackchopv8

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
LOL hey If I can mamage to be rid of my other fiero soon enuf maby I qill have to have a friendly race with ya to see who's choptop gets done first lol! of coarse u could sabotage that one and not help me do the chop hehehe! all funnys aside I set aside 3 weeks of my summer car building madness to get it going after that I have to get back on the corvette projects, I mainly want to have it driving not so much to drive it but to make it easier to move around here so I can get the other cars in and outa the garage. I will be striping the chassi of all its body panels over the winter months if I can manage to get the corvette outa my garage and while its in their getting a facelift ill do the poly upgrade as well.
I made the boss extreamly happy today with the upgrades I did to his 66 corvette before I left work for the day im workin on getting booth time in our booth so we can paint those cars!! (yours and steves)
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YA! the gt is runnin!!!!!!! and no leaks!!!!!!!

KILL SOMTHING! I NEED PARTS!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

KILL SOMTHING! I NEED PARTS!!!!!

Nice, oh and so are my new DOT MATRIX TRIM PEICES!!!!!! WOOT WOOT best part is they were technically free cuz the guy at the boneyard only wanted the 20 for the radio.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
DOH! I got a leak grrrrr I need o-ring for the fuel rail pipe thingy behind distributor grrrrrrr i can see a fire if I dont fix it!
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfDirect Link to This Post
When is the next get together? I would like to show up and meet some of you guys.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey wolfwolf are u still lookin for a gas tank sender? I pulled one out at wallys and set it on the seat of the 86 gt they have its in good shape far as the next get together???? I supose we could do it here again and then everyone can work on the gt!!! hehehe or maby steve would like to host a sanding party at his place and we can get his done also??? I am game for seting a date of two weeks from this past saturday to keep in sync with our current two week cycle we have been doing! I think also that puts us at iola time maby we can all take a drive down??
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfDirect Link to This Post
I did not know you were meeting every two weeks....good I will put it on my calendar. Where is Wally's. Do you have a number and location so I can call them for a price.

Thanks, John
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
wallys is in oshkosh u get off on 21 omro exit and head west 3 miles exactly and its on your right basically take a right off of 41 and they wanted like 20 bucks for it
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
hey Rob did you find all your wire harnesses you need? I still have those switch and bracket parts as well. I wiped out tubing this weekend behind my boat and screwed up my back. Big motor in boat=big speed on tube=big crash on water [ouch!!!] I'm off all week. I can't do much right now but maybe I can come up and drop that stuff off and check out your progress. I'm not hurting too much as long as I don't move. I guess I'm not as young as I think I am.

------------------
88blackchopv8

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

hey Rob did you find all your wire harnesses you need? I still have those switch and bracket parts as well. I wiped out tubing this weekend behind my boat and screwed up my back. Big motor in boat=big speed on tube=big crash on water [ouch!!!] I'm off all week. I can't do much right now but maybe I can come up and drop that stuff off and check out your progress. I'm not hurting too much as long as I don't move. I guess I'm not as young as I think I am.

LOL i feel ya on wiping out hehehe ive been killin my back and arms laying under my dads blazer changing the trani, what a pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!
yes I still need those parts and I am also looking for a 6cyl gauge cluster yet I am having no luck, I got the wire harness for the door windows and the power mirrors and a set of power mirrors from the gt at wallys so, all i need is the trunk poper switch w defroster switch and whatever wires run back to the trunk poper I also need a switch set for the power mirrors i only got the wires, I grabed a switch from a grand prix cause it looked similar if I have to ill retrofit it into the window switch plate if i cant find a fiero power mirror switch. Also I still need the coolant tube braket plate thingy I will try and reproduce some at work and if it works ill make enough for a few cars and give u a set. hmmm oh I am also lookin for the pig tail connector for the aux guage pod if ya have it that would be cool I cant find one of those anywere either grr. Later down the road id like to also find the guts for the cruise control in the endine bay if u guys see them anywere let me know ill go pull it but its not a high priority on my list just somthin nice for the future if we take club trips.

Chris were u looking for stainless steel lines? I have a set i paid gibsons to take out of a 88 they are in great shape stll got the stickers on them yet!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

LOL i feel ya on wiping out hehehe ive been killin my back and arms laying under my dads blazer changing the trani, what a pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!
yes I still need those parts and I am also looking for a 6cyl gauge cluster yet I am having no luck, I got the wire harness for the door windows and the power mirrors and a set of power mirrors from the gt at wallys so, all i need is the trunk poper switch w defroster switch and whatever wires run back to the trunk poper I also need a switch set for the power mirrors i only got the wires, I grabed a switch from a grand prix cause it looked similar if I have to ill retrofit it into the window switch plate if i cant find a fiero power mirror switch. Also I still need the coolant tube braket plate thingy I will try and reproduce some at work and if it works ill make enough for a few cars and give u a set. hmmm oh I am also lookin for the pig tail connector for the aux guage pod if ya have it that would be cool I cant find one of those anywere either grr. Later down the road id like to also find the guts for the cruise control in the endine bay if u guys see them anywere let me know ill go pull it but its not a high priority on my list just somthin nice for the future if we take club trips.

Chris were u looking for stainless steel lines? I have a set i paid gibsons to take out of a 88 they are in great shape stll got the stickers on them yet!

The wires for the trunk solenoid should all be there, I think even the solenoid is there as well on your car, all you should need is the switch, and the plug in relay which I have for you. Yes I would be interested in a stainless set of coolant tube brackets. As for the cruise control I would search 'electronic cruise control' on here. The electronic cruise from a later model GM is signifigantly less bulky, easily modded to fit, and is less troublesome than the vacuum actuated original stuff.

What stainless lines are you talking about for the 88? I may be interested depending upon what you're talking about.

When are you going to be around? I was thinking about stopping by Thursday evening.

Let me know, Thanks, Chris

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 07-07-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

The wires for the trunk solenoid should all be there, I think even the solenoid is there as well on your car, all you should need is the switch, and the plug in relay which I have for you. Yes I would be interested in a stainless set of coolant tube brackets. As for the cruise control I would search 'electronic cruise control' on here. The electronic cruise from a later model GM is signifigantly less bulky, easily modded to fit, and is less troublesome than the vacuum actuated original stuff.

What stainless lines are you talking about for the 88? I may be interested depending upon what you're talking about.

When are you going to be around? I was thinking about stopping by Thursday evening.

Let me know, Thanks, Chris

pm sent to ya chris yes ill be home tomorrow nite after 5:30
PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
Hey, guys....

Is anyone in need of a parts car? I've got a '85 GT 4 speed here that does run well but needs a clutch master and catalytic converter. I've pulled off most of the panels that I needed for my wifes car and I'm not really interested in putting it back together to get it on the road. Since you guys are somewhat close it might make a nice choptop donor if you don't have one yet. Anyone possibly interested?

Mark
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Hey, guys....

Is anyone in need of a parts car? I've got a '85 GT 4 speed here that does run well but needs a clutch master and catalytic converter. I've pulled off most of the panels that I needed for my wifes car and I'm not really interested in putting it back together to get it on the road. Since you guys are somewhat close it might make a nice choptop donor if you don't have one yet. Anyone possibly interested?

Mark

what are you looking to get out of it? Thanks, chris
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

av8fiero

917 posts
Member since Apr 2008

pm sent to ya chris yes ill be home tomorrow nite after 5:30

pm right back at you
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

what are you looking to get out of it? Thanks, chris

again base price?
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, guys....just got home from work. I'm not sure what I'm looking to get out of it. I need to pull a couple of small items off of it for my wifes car but it's pretty much mechanically intact. I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow. Then if anyone is interested in it, drop me a line. 414-614-8295

Mark
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Sorry, guys....just got home from work. I'm not sure what I'm looking to get out of it. I need to pull a couple of small items off of it for my wifes car but it's pretty much mechanically intact. I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow. Then if anyone is interested in it, drop me a line. 414-614-8295

Mark

What about the guage cluster?? is it their can i buy it and do you need stainless steel lines for the wifes car??? i have a set, i need the pigtail for the aux guage pod as well!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
K Firefox this is the butterfly door idea I am thinking of doing notice the top front of the door and how it is, the fiero door has similar setup

the door pivots at the top hinge point and its lifted by gas struts, the door is alighned by the original striker on the back and a truck tailgate style on the front wich is verry simple to do! the hinge itself is basically a oversized square hinge like on a house door just its 1/4 inch thick metal and a heavy pin that is molded into the sheetlemetal of this car on the fiero id locate the hinge in the area of the plastic corner thing in front of the window and replace that with a metal piece containing the hinge

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-08-2010).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting closer to getting my fiero on the road. Steve, the guy who was going to change the timing gear for me cut up his hand pretty good, so he cant work on it. And now he's getting pressure to get it out of his parent's driveway. Wish me luck as I work on it to get it back on the road. I have the timing cover off and the rear cradle bolts out (which involved removing the rear bumper). Now the fun stuff can begin. I just hope it goes smoothly. I'm running quite a time crunch and still working near 56 hours a week....

I found out unfortunately that my upper frame rails are non existent. Rust has pretty much eaten them away
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Quote: "I found out unfortunately that my upper frame rails are non existent. Rust has pretty much eaten them away"

We can fix that!! soon as u get it drivable we can weld in patches

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-09-2010).]

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
Impressive work on that gt Rob. You have it running very well. Also nice meeting you rams, it makes me want to get going on my car even more so I can hang out with everyone in the club.

On another note, where are we with a logo selection? We need to get this done. Here is my vote

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/163...5%20at%204.39.01.jpg

This is the one I like best, but as I said earlier the logo isn't very important to me, whatever the majority of us want to roll with is fine with me. Lets get a vote count going for a logo and get this done

------------------
88blackchopv8

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Impressive work on that gt Rob. You have it running very well. Also nice meeting you rams, it makes me want to get going on my car even more so I can hang out with everyone in the club.

On another note, where are we with a logo selection? We need to get this done. Here is my vote

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/163...5%20at%204.39.01.jpg

This is the one I like best, but as I said earlier the logo isn't very important to me, whatever the majority of us want to roll with is fine with me. Lets get a vote count going for a logo and get this done

Hey thanks! wait till u see what I get done this week hehehe I second that vote for that logo I like it the best also I figured out we can probably get the window clinge material at office depot and print it on a regulat inkjet printer! hey chris what do ya think if my hinge idea for the doors??? I figure when I do the choptop is the perfect time to butterfly the doors as well! no copying me!!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
With my 600th post I bring news of the gt running like a top and the interior is starting to go in!!! hopefully it will be on road by saturday pending the plates getting here!!!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of the logo, I have a friend who's a graphic designer. She said she would give it a go. We'll see what comes of that. Going to work on my baby tomorrow morning. I think.... Crap. I forgot to call Steve today.... I'll have to do it tomorrow morning.....my brain is dead
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
The butterfly doors are pretty nice looking. That would be a very interesting modification for the Fiero......go for it!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey everyone lets have a get together next sunday!! july 18th its been awile!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-11-2010).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I work sundays. Sorry. Have fun though.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
So I was messin around again and decided to try and rebuild the glove box
I tore off all the old bad plastic and foam and started from scratch w just the back plate
here it is, I figured it out! the pic is probably a bit premature due to the glue, it makes the leatheret wrinkle till it dries but it gives u an idea were I am going with it ok

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-12-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey Kevin this is the finished (well mostly) council, If anyone wants a nice soft arm pad let me know I will have to drill holes in your council tho to mount it but damn is it comfy!!.

Hey guys the interior is coming along altho alittle slower than I had inticipated I may be redoing whats I have redone I am not happy with the quality of the leatheret this time, it seems of lesser quality than the last stuff I got so ill use it but if it dosent look right ill strip it all back off and start over.

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

If anyone wants a nice soft arm pad let me know I will have to drill holes in your council tho to mount it but damn is it comfy!!.

Price and timeline
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock