Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 05-04-2010 11:37 PM
Replies: 574
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-16-2010 08:12 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

Congratulations on the sale of your bike!

Does your resultant interest in adding "a gt to the fleet" mean you'll now have a less visibly disproportional, thoroughly outsized bias toward "notchies" (as evidenced consistently on the left-hand side of the logos below which you've had a major hand in creating), or does this simply mean that after the successful sale of your bike, you'll get an `85 GT since those were the only GTs that came with a "notchie" roofline --- as opposed to the so-called "fastback" roofline of `86 through `88 Fiero GTs?

All razzing aside, and regardless of the logo eventually decided upon, will the printer you're considering using be able to create stickers that can be affixed to the inside of a Fiero's rear window, as opposed to only on its outside? I ask because my Fiero is a year-round DD, so for my car, a sticker that can be affixed to the inside of a Fiero's rear window (like my PFF sticker from SAFASTRO) would be more practical.

Oh i hold no bias to either fiero types i like the look of both! and chop tops even better!!!!! so yup ill eventually have one of each i think i tend to do things in pairs anyway bikes boats cars and well hmmmm hehehe anyway about the sticker I was thinking along the lines of a vynal cling on that would be able to be on inside of window, I am looking around trying to find the vynal stuff and if i can find the stuff i am thinking we could print our own right on a sesktop printer, I have used the stuff in the past for projects i needed a removable paint stencil on but the place I used to get it from went out of buisness. Ill keep lookin, tomorrow ill prob head over to hobby lobby and see if they got it plus with the vynal it makes it possible to move the sticker around if u need to for cleaning etc. it would be printed on a clear sheet so the logo shield or whatever we use would either be transparent thru the images or need to have a secondary backround if u want in white wich could easly be done with alittle sheet of white vynal too. Ill keep workin on the prototype material now everybody just start votin on the one u like!!!
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Rob, I'll pm you or call you Monday, I'm in Illinios all weekend. Next Saturday is out as well, I forgot I'll be golfing. Next Sunday may be doable though, or we could work something out during the week

hey next week during the week would work good for me just gimi buzz monday ill be more than willing to take a day off and drag the car trailer outa the shop to come get it!
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
A big thanks to Jetsnvettes2000 and Ramsespide for coming over and sanding on my car!!! I really do appreciate the help as I am busy with other things.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
No prob steve thats what I am here for!!! soon as I can ill be back to do more!!!
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
...about the sticker I was thinking along the lines of a vynal cling on that would be able to be on inside of window....

Now that would be excellent, IMHO.

...about the sticker...now everybody just start votin on the one u like!!!

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1636961/FvF.pdf

Hey guys we need to get together on this logo thing so I am going to just set a date, lets decide on this by next saturday everyone just suggest the one u like and ill take that as the vote the one with the most suggestions wins as our logo as for my vote the newest logo looks cool I vote for that one....

If by your comment immediately above --- "as for my vote the newest logo looks cool I vote for that one" --- you are referring to the logo I've copied above, I can live with that one, so, like you, I vote for that logo as well.

_________
Postscript: Voting issues aside, I still think the logo would look better if the "Fox Valley" part of the text, or all of the "Fox Valley Fieros" text, instead used "Good Times" font ( http://www.dafont.com/searc...psize=m&q=Good+Times ). That font is similar to the "PONTIAC" font that appears between the taillights of Fiero GTs, for example, and using that "Good Times" font might draw less attention to the mismatch between the current "F" font in "Fox Valley" (which appears to be "Hemi Head 426" font) and the "F" font in "Fieros" (which looks quite differentcomes from a different font).

Anyway, that's just my 2¢.

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1636961/FvF.pdf
What do you think?

I like this one as well!

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys I had a massive computer fail today and lost everything including my image poster (pip) and i can t seem to figure out why it isnt working now that i reloaded it, what is typed in the box next to automatic setup? what do u have filled out in the various fields I for the life of me cant find the links i had in their, i am running in a safe type mode right now till I get all my drivers and stuff downloaded and I have to resort to a old copy of internet explorer till I can download the new one grrrr this sucks ive been workin on this for 4 hours! worst part I lost half my pics and all of my saved web links! so anyway throw me a bone here my brain is fried! I had to have gotten a virus some were but i have no idea how grrrrrrrrrrrrr so had to reformat.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
I had the f****** antivirus thing go off AGAIN today when i looged into the clubs site. Is it possible being that both theones popping are classified as "Trojans" that they may be the cause of your crash?????

the sneak in undetected (hence the trojan horse reference) and wreak havoc on your ops and cause all kinds of errors and that kind of thing.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ramsespride:

I had the f****** antivirus thing go off AGAIN today when i looged into the clubs site. Is it possible being that both theones popping are classified as "Trojans" that they may be the cause of your crash?????

the sneak in undetected (hence the trojan horse reference) and wreak havoc on your ops and cause all kinds of errors and that kind of thing.

My anti-virus is quiet. Next time you get a message, save it's log and send it to me so I can forward it to the webs people. The last thing I want is our website mucked up. That's just not cool.

Question: Did this happen before or after we registered the site with google? Just curious.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
It happend before we registered it to google aswell. When i logged on i hadnt even gotten logged into Facebook or anyting like that yet, just booted up and went to the club site first to check it out. Ill look in my logbook for the codes but it seems to be the same 3 recurring over and over everytime i nav from each page within the site.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I do not know were the virus originated from but it totally trashed my pc I lost all of my programs i had installed i was only able to recover some of my pics this really blows!!!! worst part of all i lost all of my web adresses for the various car related stuff I do and use grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey in case u see this before I get ahold of ya I am coming at six to grab the car from ya chris
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
Enjoy the new toy! I'll be getting on mine as soon as the tile is done. Let me know when you want to start cutting it up to chop it and I'll be there to help. If I have anything else you need let me know. I'll be looking for help on mine soon I hope. Pleasure doing business with you, I love the garage space.

------------------
88blackchopv8

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Enjoy the new toy! I'll be getting on mine as soon as the tile is done. Let me know when you want to start cutting it up to chop it and I'll be there to help. If I have anything else you need let me know. I'll be looking for help on mine soon I hope. Pleasure doing business with you, I love the garage space.

hmmmmm parts yup ill be needin alot!!!!! lol! but it dosent seem too bad so far I got the windows up kinda but I had trouble w the drivers one it didnt I had to give up a bug flew into my ear and i cant get it out grrrrrrr!!! hmmmmm k guys ill write down what I need

the following:
1. guage pod and guages
2.door guts power preferably
3.dor wiring harness and switch harness and switch plate and switches for windows
4.door panels-any condition I will be customizing them
5.possible coolant tubes to heater core I will know more when I search out the leak
6.little gt emblem right rear in the black trim
7.automatic steering colum i will trade the manual colum thats in it for a auto one if anyone has it w tilt
8.trani lines but ill make those I think
mirrors automatic ones and switch plate/button and wiring
9.radio surround and faceplate
10. auto shift plate and the foam/plastic part below it
thats it so far Steve I know u have a few of these parts u already told me and as I get the parts ill check them off the list so everyone knows what i am still lookin for! now lets start thinkin of a club get together day maby to get the thing on the road! chris i can come buy next week after work if ya want one or two days and help ya do the final body work w the hood and stuff just remind me then to bring the air file from work
steve lets plan on sunday for me to drive up their and while Im up their ill do some more on your car too
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Hey Chris make some cardboard templates of your sail windows I will make a prototype at work and we can try it and see if it fits i think i have a idea how to make it fit and have a nice trim ring with it to make it sit flush and smooth
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
few more parts to add to my wish list of parts

1. right coolant tube from heater core runs along right side of gas tank

2.main coolant tube holder plates mine are currently held up w wire

3. fan relay were is it anyway on the gt?

4 drip rails both sides

5. rear decklid rh torshion spring ( hey chris I figured out why it woulnt open all the way, the previous owner fliped the metal plate that holds spring to decklid and it was causing it to get stuck)
sun roof filler panel I think one is at gibsons in the 88 yet ill go look next week
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
Rob I think I have some main coolant tube braces in my parts pile. I can't look for them until next week [I hate tile]. If you can wait that long and I can find them you can have them. I should be able to go over to my storage building and dig for them on Monday.

Chris

------------------
88blackchopv8

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Rob I think I have some main coolant tube braces in my parts pile. I can't look for them until next week [I hate tile]. If you can wait that long and I can find them you can have them. I should be able to go over to my storage building and dig for them on Monday.

Chris

Cool that will save me a bunch of work otherwise I was going to have rams pull on off his car and I was going to make a bunch at work out of stainless steel and see if they work, from what I could see the braket holder is still their so i think its just the plates that are missing ill look better tomorrow the rain got in my way of lookin everything over better

on another note cross the steering colum off the list I got one now
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
on another note cross the steering colum off the list I got one now [/QUOTE]

I bet I know where you got that from

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
yes steve your the super guru of parts that of wich i need, add a engine wire harness to the mix as well!! I know ya got one hehehe!!
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

hmmmmm parts yup ill be needin alot!!!!! lol! ....k guys ill write down what I need

the following:
10. auto shift plate and the foam/plastic part below it

If you still need those parts, I've a stock auto shift plate. It's not mint (e.g., has a hairline crack in it), but it's probably usable. Its primary color looks something like brushed aluminum. It also comes with stock black ashtray doors, as well as a stock black automatic shift boot, all from an `86 GT.

I've also the vinyl, grained "surround" that goes underneath that auto shift plate. The vinyl surround isn't entirely mint, but the slight warp in it at one side hopefully could be repaired with the judicious application of some strong glue and C-clamps to it order to straighten it out. Otherwise, it's in excellent shape. I'd characterize its color as a brown or dark saddle (but stock in either case).

Although the stock auto shift plate and vinyl-grained surround for underneath it aren't completely mint, the accompanying black ashtray doors and the shift boot are, and they're all at the right price if you still need them: free to you because realistically, I'm never going to get around to using or selling them, and since you're less than 5 minutes from me, I could just drop off these parts at your place, and not have to fool with the hassle of shipping them anywhere in order to "find a good home" for them.

Besides, I think you've done a lot to help get our newly-emerging Fiero club going, so let me know if I can return the favor by giving you these parts if you've still a need for them.

Separately, have you learned of any vendor able to produce what you mentioned earlier in this thread --- namely, a "static cling" vinyl sticker for our new Fiero club that could be placed on the inside of one of a Fiero's windows?
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

If you still need those parts, I've a stock auto shift plate. It's not mint (e.g., has a hairline crack in it), but it's probably usable. Its primary color looks something like brushed aluminum. It also comes with stock black ashtray doors, as well as a stock black automatic shift boot, all from an `86 GT.

I've also the vinyl, grained "surround" that goes underneath that auto shift plate. The vinyl surround isn't entirely mint, but the slight warp in it at one side hopefully could be repaired with the judicious application of some strong glue and C-clamps to it order to straighten it out. Otherwise, it's in excellent shape. I'd characterize its color as a brown or dark saddle (but stock in either case).

Although the stock auto shift plate and vinyl-grained surround for underneath it aren't completely mint, the accompanying black ashtray doors and the shift boot are, and they're all at the right price if you still need them: free to you because realistically, I'm never going to get around to using or selling them, and since you're less than 5 minutes from me, I could just drop off these parts at your place, and not have to fool with the hassle of shipping them anywhere in order to "find a good home" for them.

Besides, I think you've done a lot to help get our newly-emerging Fiero club going, so let me know if I can return the favor by giving you these parts if you've still a need for them.

Separately, have you learned of any vendor able to produce what you mentioned earlier in this thread --- namely, a "static cling" vinyl sticker for our new Fiero club that could be placed on the inside of one of a Fiero's windows?

cool yup I would love to have those parts and realistically they dont have to be anywere near mint for I will be leather wraping them as I did with my notchy, plus if ya drop them off u can see the newest toy!
hey on another note the green fiero on grove street by koslo park is for sale, it would make a good parts car I think maby a driver too if ya had time to fix its issues, the guy wants five hundred bucks for it and it has brand new front ball joints it is a 87 duke notchy sunday I will be headin up by steve again to putz with his car some more and gettin more parts so I wont be around till late sunday
but, ill be home later monday nite after work.

Far as the static cling stuff I havent gotten to the craft store yet to see if they still carry it, I think we can print our own on a standard copy machine with the stuff if its the same as the stuff I used to do graphics with for painting, I would just photocopy the image onto it as it is cut to a 8x11 sheet we should be able to get 4 clings a sheet that way and I have a copy machine we can do it on
after the image is transferd we just add a clear tape to the printed side to keep it from getting scraped and walla no printing fee's! just toner! the deadline for the logo vote is soon! I havent been on our club site in a week till I figure out were my security breach happend and killed my computer so for now just add your votes to this thread until i get a hold on what went wrong and were within my virus software. Soon as the voting is done ill really get movin on the window clings and get them printed.
FieroScott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottDirect Link to This Post
I have way to many door panels, If they don't need to be perfict, I can hook you up with a pair.

Scott
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroScott:

I have way to many door panels, If they don't need to be perfict, I can hook you up with a pair.

Scott

hey door panels are cool but I just got a pair from steve would you happen to have a door window wire harness??? i need that big time i also discoverd today i need side door trim moulding trim clips and door lock set the driver door lock is busted up pretty bad I think i can get a set at gibsons tho if no one got to the red 88's yet, I am planing on a saturday trip to gibsons for anyone who wants to go come give me a hand!!! I am also in need of a v-6 guage cluster and pod and its trim
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Ok guys I promised more pics and now I have some, I got to work on the ol gt today and gutted it fixed alittle rust in the floor, and then after i tore it all apart I fiberglassed the headliner panel getting it ready for new fabric wich I will put on tomorrow after I go get a cheapy spray gun to spray the glue with!!! I also changed the manual steering colum with the correct automatic one now the shifter finally locks in place like it should!

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
wow Rob you work fast! nice progress on the car. I wish I had more time for mine. tile is all down now just need to clean up the excess thinset, grout it, and seal it. soon I'll be on my car. also tomorrow I'll run over to my storage building to see if I can find those coolant tube support brackets if you still need any. let me know

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 06-27-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

wow Rob you work fast! nice progress on the car. I wish I had more time for mine. tile is all down now just need to clean up the excess thinset, grout it, and seal it. soon I'll be on my car. also tomorrow I'll run over to my storage building to see if I can find those coolant tube support brackets if you still need any. let me know

yup I still need them I could not find any that were good in bone yard
also u woulnt have a pic or two of the wires under your dash? i am having trouble figuring out some of those plugs were the missing harness is, it looks like their is a spot for a relay or flasher thing on right side of steering colum mount its a gray head plug w three flat spade terminal female end ill post pics tomorow if i remember to show what i am wondering about
also steve gave me a set of the gt guages that go above radio bezel wich wires plug into those? pics please!!! and great by the way your tile is almost done!!! lets get rippin on that car! just let me know when u r ready so i can grab the air file from work to get things extra nice! oh ya one more question, on the gt's dothey have some kinda diffrent routing under the dash for the ducting? i dont recall the big square and angles duct being on a notchy like mine???? guess ill post pic of that too
I think saturday ill be spending a few hours and a few hundred dollars at gibsons and gutting a v-6 fireo out their for its guages pod and cluster along w searching for a wire harness for the windows if ya want to come help out that would be fun!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2010 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
oh ya almost forgot I got a really nice wing for it too chris, the guy lives a few blocks from u over by wallmart just before the bridge they are redoing, he has a 84 that he has owned since it was brand new, he was thinking of selling it I had to bite my fingers and walk away it was nice hehehe i gave him info how to post it here on mall!
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfDirect Link to This Post
Hey I found you guys over here in the Fiero Chat. I wondered what happened to you guys. I thought you fell off the earth. I am in need of a fuel sending unit for my 86. It is toast. For those that have been to Gibson's, do they have any tanks in them. When I called the guy who answered said they cut the straps and toss the tanks. I asked if they remove the plate also, he did not know, cause I dont think that you can get the tank out without removing the middle plate held by four bolts. I can get one at Cousinou's in Appleton for $55 bucks which is about half of the other places I called that had one. If Gibson's is gonna be a bit cheaper and they have one I would run down there and look and might find something else that I might need.

John
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
John, drop your tank and fix your's. It's easy. There is a thread on it. Search fuel sending unit on this site.

Steve
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

yup I still need them I could not find any that were good in bone yard
also u woulnt have a pic or two of the wires under your dash? i am having trouble figuring out some of those plugs were the missing harness is, it looks like their is a spot for a relay or flasher thing on right side of steering colum mount its a gray head plug w three flat spade terminal female end ill post pics tomorow if i remember to show what i am wondering about
also steve gave me a set of the gt guages that go above radio bezel wich wires plug into those? pics please!!! and great by the way your tile is almost done!!! lets get rippin on that car! just let me know when u r ready so i can grab the air file from work to get things extra nice! oh ya one more question, on the gt's dothey have some kinda diffrent routing under the dash for the ducting? i dont recall the big square and angles duct being on a notchy like mine???? guess ill post pic of that too
I think saturday ill be spending a few hours and a few hundred dollars at gibsons and gutting a v-6 fireo out their for its guages pod and cluster along w searching for a wire harness for the windows if ya want to come help out that would be fun!!

The aux guage pod requires an additional pigtail to plug into the main cabin harness. I don't have one. If you find a donor with the aux pod take The harness off of it, it's less than 2 feet long and not very big. If you can't find a car with the aux pod, all the guages will work fine for that cluster in your car, the aux guage plug is on all 87 Fieros. I have no pics from under my dash. I can tell you that plug on the right of the column is for the power trunk release relay. I have the relay plus I have the switch for the trunk release, the switch for the rear defroster, and the mount that they fit in to mount to the guage pod. I also have a headlight switch for you. I dug through my parts pile this a.m. and I only have one of the coolant tube support brackets. Anything else you're looking for let me know. I also have the lower dash trim piece that goes under the column, and the forward facing guage pod cover{back side of guage cluster}. All this stuff is yours if you want it.

As for the wire harnesses you're looking for if you're going with power windows and locks you will also need the harness that goes across the interior at the base of the windshield from what ever parts car you find. You'll have to remove the entire dash to get to that harness and the defroster duct as well. There is alot to this harness, it plugs into the power block up in the drivers side corner at the base of the windshield and there is a bigger gold tone relay thingy that is mounted on the passenger side. This harness also has the door light switch on the drivers side and maybe the door switch for the passenger side as well. Also if you're thinking of power mirrors grab that harness as well, it will be in the same area, and obviously you'll need the center console plate and the switches as well. The door harnesses are different depending upon the power options you're after, I would find a donor with as many options as possible and try to grab everything from one car.

I would love to be able to help you out at the junkyard but my weekends are all booked right now. I may be available friday the 23rd, or after work during the week once I'm completely done with the tile {VERY SOON!!!}

On another note if you do end up making those coolant tube brackets from stainless steel you will definitely have a market for them if you wanted to make a bunch of them. those brackets are notorious for rusting away

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 06-28-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
wolfwolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

John, drop your tank and fix your's. It's easy. There is a thread on it. Search fuel sending unit on this site.

Steve

I already tried that. This will be the second dropping. The little plastic clip that holds the float lever to the wiper is broke. It lasted ffor about 20 miles before it apparently let go again, as the meter has been pegged at full for more than 200 miles. I figure I will see if I can get a different one and interchange the parts if need be.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
John, I have one but I wanted to use it in mine. The one in mine still works, the gauge is off a little thou. If you want it I will sell it to you.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 86soon3.4 (edited 06-28-2010).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

cool yup I would love to have those parts and realistically they dont have to be anywere near mint for I will be leather wraping them as I did with my notchy, plus if ya drop them off u can see the newest toy!

...ill be home later monday nite after work.

I'll briefly stop by to say "Hi" and drop off those freebie parts for you sometime this week, after, of course, giving you the courtesy of a phone call to set up for us an agreeable time to do that.

I don't quite understand how you can "leather-wrap" those parts (or in particular, how you could do that with the "brushed aluminum" auto shift plate that I'll give you), but I'm glad to hear all these freebie parts will have found for them a good home where they will be put to good use.

Originally posted by FieroScott:

FieroScott, I see from your address at above left that we have yet another Fiero owner on this thread who lives in Menasha?

You may want to give some consideration to joining our informal, no dues, and newly-emerging "Fox Valley Fieros" club.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey chris th!ks for the info ill defidently grab those parts from ya, it saves me a big hunt for the switches being I took all of them already from gibsons and they all didnt work for headlights grrrrr lol anyway ill call u later

k far as leather wraping parts its verry easy the trim panel w the brushed aluminum dosent get the leather tho its all the parts that had the simulated leather on them like door panels center council bits and the trim around door opening and the third brake light cover and other parts like that, I will also be building another custom center council again down the road
alittle more complicated than the last one I built. I got a plan stan and its gona look cool! ill be home any nite after 7

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-29-2010).]

wolfwolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jets, I don't want one that someone is gonna use. I just thought that I could get one from Gibson's as I hear that the prices might be a bit cheaper than other bone yards. It will be a bit before I will really need it as I have to fix a blown headgasket in my 86 GT first. It only had 400 miles on the "new" engine before it let go. I still have 3 others that I can drive so I am not in a hurry. I think that I have at least till Nov before my brother shows up for hunting and needs a rental from "pakerland fiero rentals."
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
hey Rob I also just found in my parts pile a shifter surround without the brushed aluminum part that seems to be in decent shape and the rear part of the center console with the glove box door at the back [sits over the ecm]. All the tabs are all good but the glove box door is all messed up. it's a little bit dirty but in excellent shape other than the glovebox door. if you're going to cover it with leather it would be perfect for that

------------------
88blackchopv8

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

hey Rob I also just found in my parts pile a shifter surround without the brushed aluminum part that seems to be in decent shape and the rear part of the center console with the glove box door at the back [sits over the ecm]. All the tabs are all good but the glove box door is all messed up. it's a little bit dirty but in excellent shape other than the glovebox door. if you're going to cover it with leather it would be perfect for that

hey chris cool but I dont need the ecm cover/glove box part steve beat ya to it! hehehe far as the center council stuff I need yet, it would be the radio surround trim the big part that hooks to dash. In that part is their a mount for the guage pod that sits on top of it?? i think their is one out at gibsons so I will go look but I just am curious if their is a braket also involved under it all to stiffen it up, I have the radio faceplate with the vents in it also so I dont need that I mainly am jonsin for the wiring stuff I have a set of switches for windows and plate also, I will be using standard mirrors no power
only options I will be using is just power windows and locks and the rear trunk poper since it is already their so ya the switches and relays for all that would be a big help Ill toss ya some cash for those as well they seem hard enough to find in a working condition
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
So guys I got alittle more done to the car tonite altho not as much as I would have liked! damn ex wife grrrrrr ya drama anyway tonite I pulled out the front trunk pan and the headlights and went and got a set of the ford window regulator plugs to fix them I also started looking at the right front of the car and noticed a wrinkle in the substructure, I think it is whats making tha gap off from front bumper to hood so ill pull the front bumper and fenders off and fix it up with my porta power should be pretty easy it dosent look all that bad!
I also went to harbor freight and picked up a spray gun and a nice tube bender So I can make my tranni lines a bit nicer than my first set I did on my other fiero, I also picked up some tube now I just have to figure out were I put my flaring tool! tomorrow nite I hope to have the headliner recoverd and re installed I also will try and get at least two of the side trim mouldings wraped in leather since ill have the glue in the gun ready to go! no worries chris about them when we do the chop top I will be pickin up a extra set to cut up when we get that far If I dont just build custom ones outa fiberglass.

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

hey chris cool but I dont need the ecm cover/glove box part steve beat ya to it! hehehe far as the center council stuff I need yet, it would be the radio surround trim the big part that hooks to dash. In that part is their a mount for the guage pod that sits on top of it?? i think their is one out at gibsons so I will go look but I just am curious if their is a braket also involved under it all to stiffen it up, I have the radio faceplate with the vents in it also so I dont need that I mainly am jonsin for the wiring stuff I have a set of switches for windows and plate also, I will be using standard mirrors no power
only options I will be using is just power windows and locks and the rear trunk poper since it is already their so ya the switches and relays for all that would be a big help Ill toss ya some cash for those as well they seem hard enough to find in a working condition

Hey Rob not interested in cash, I just want/need help with the paintjob, plus the more I get rid of the less I have to deal with. If anyone else might need the glove box console section let me know. As for the aux guage pod yes there is a bracket in there if I remember correctly. There is something in the radio housing the aux pod bolts to. I would find a radio pod that had the aux pod on it as it will already be cut out to mount the pod

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 06-29-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock