Fiero Jon and The Lingenfelter Collection by cuestickjived
Started on: 05-13-2010 08:25 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: OHNIKO on 05-13-2010 09:17 PM
cuestickjived

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,
Here is some interesting news.
I was contacted by Ken Lingenfelter. For those of you are not familiar, he is the guy who is famous for making custom corvette bodies, and performace parts.
He explained to me that he has a collection of cars that is out of this world...
We are talking about 150+ cars.
ferraris, corvettes, shelbys, mopars, etc...
Anyway, he told me that Lingenfelter Motorsports is turning new camaros into new trans ams.
He said he wanted a Fiero for his Pontiac "room" in the collection.
He ended up buying two Fieros from me.
A beautiful (obvious) 88 gt 5 spd with 30kand a BRAND NEW 85 GT 4 spd with 12k miles.

Go to youtube and type in SULTAN OF MICHIGAN.
That is where the cars are going.
I will post pics of the cars later.
Fiero Jon
www.fieroservice.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
cool....will check it out....
fierojunky

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojunkySend a Private Message to fierojunkyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cuestickjived:

A beautiful (obvious) 88 gt 5 spd with 30kand a BRAND NEW 85 GT 4 spd with 12k miles.

www.fieroservice.com

I'm sure they are two outstanding cars. I will have to check the video out when I get home. What makes an 85 GT with 12k miles BRAND NEW? I've bought used vehciles that were newer with less miles.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
Never heard of him. I have heard of the late John Lingenfelter, who won national championships in the world of professional drag racing, founded Lingenfelter Performance Engineering of Decatur, IN, did LSR cars with record setting results, did the engine for the 255-mph Calloway Sledgehammer, Did the SuperRam intake for Accel, and untold thousands of other excellent things.
Is this guy you mention somehow related to the legendary "Awesome John"?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Hey guys,
Here is some interesting news.
I was contacted by Ken Lingenfelter. For those of you are not familiar, he is the guy who is famous for making custom corvette bodies, and performace parts.
He explained to me that he has a collection of cars that is out of this world...
We are talking about 150+ cars.
ferraris, corvettes, shelbys, mopars, etc...
Anyway, he told me that Lingenfelter Motorsports is turning new camaros into new trans ams.
He said he wanted a Fiero for his Pontiac "room" in the collection.

Go to youtube and type in SULTAN OF MICHIGAN.
That is where the cars are going.
I will post pics of the cars later.
Fiero Jon
www.fieroservice.com

Its great dealing with the rich isn't it? Is he coming down to Tuckerton to pick them up? Hope to hear the whole story come GM's Fieros at Carlisle in June.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

cuestickjived

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post
Ken is John's brother. He took over after John's passing.
When I said brand new i was referring to the condition of the car. It was a stunning example. Always garaged in climate controlled environment, on blocks, and meticulously maintained since new.
I am at the Hospital with my son, so I can only use my cell phone for PFF. When I get home I will post pictures.
p.s. Evan is fine. He is getting an MRI.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
Somehow I did not know that. Thank you for clarifying.
cuestickjived

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post
Dennis, I will share the whole story at carlisle
He sent an enclosed 53' hauler for them. they left yesteday. there was a SICK brand new austin martin in the carrier too. (not for ken)
cuestickjived

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post

cuestickjived

380 posts
Member since Nov 2001
Here is the White 88 GT:

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
http://www.lingenfelter.com...showthread.php?t=148
Car Club events can be scheduled at Lingenfelter Motorsports for groups from a minimum of 10 and up to 100 people. The fee is $10.00 per person for a scheduled group. For those who are not familiar with The Lingenfelter collection it consists of over 130, muscle cars, Corvettes and exotic vehicles. To arrange an event you should contact nsheets@lingenfelter.com
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Ken is John's brother. He took over after John's passing.

He's a cousin. He bought JLE after John's passing.
PFF
System Bot
cuestickjived

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post
Here is the Black 85 GT with 12k miles.

cuestickjived

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post

cuestickjived

380 posts
Member since Nov 2001
Here are the cars getting loaded into the carrier. Note The Austin Martin in the front! $285,000... DAMN!

It is just nice to see Fieros getting some respect.
Here is a beautiful car collection, and a serious player in the custom car world.
It is just cool to see that he feels the Fiero is a cool enough car to occupy space with Ferraris, Lambos, Shelbys, Hemis, Bentleys and such.
Also, thanks for clarifying Ken's Family status. I thought he was John's brother. My bad :O
cuestickjived

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post

cuestickjived

380 posts
Member since Nov 2001
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
The interviewed Ken Lingenfelter on Car Crazy a few months ago.

He said that he was not related to John but had been a customer of his.

After John's death Ken bought the company.

I know it's the same name, but they made it clear that they were not related.

Good to see some nice Fieros go to a very nice collection.

Archie
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, Jon! It is excellent to see Fieros get a little respect for a change. Just to imagine a Fiero sitting in the same room next to a Saleen S7. Ooh-la-la!
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Holy dieing jesus...that's one heck of a car collection...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, loaded, 5-speed

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
that's neat, is the worth of our cars increasing then???!!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock